Möte BABYLON5, 17862 texter
Skriven 2007-08-28 22:11:36 av Mac Breck (4323.babylon5)
     Kommentar till en text av rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated
Ärende: Re: ATTN JMS: TLT comments/questions. SPOILERS
"Thunder Magnificent!" <deceptar@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Mac Breck wrote:
> > SPOILERS for The Passing of the Technomages.....
> >

> > "Thunder Magnificent!" <deceptar@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> >> The only problem I have with the Technomage Trilogy is that it
makes
> >> Sheridan out to be a total idiot with Galen there in the shadows
> >> whispering in his ear, guiding him constantly on his path.
> >
> > Total idiot?  Guiding him constantly?  Overstating things a helluva
lot,
> > aren't you?  Yes, you are.
>

> Galen was there every time Sheridan had to make a major decision,
> telling him what to do through sub-conscious manipulation. Shadows
> strategy against the refugee ships? Galen.
> What to do and where to go on Zhadum? Galen.

I'll have to find and reread those passages, but Galen's influence never
struck me as all that pervasive and objectionable.  Will print this out
and reply to this part later.

> It seemed like she (Cavelos) got a bit carried away with
> that... the saga of B5 couldn't have happened without Galen's
invisible
> presence and help.

Well, how'd you think the Whitestar got past The Eye to bomb Z'ha'dum?
There had to be defenses that would have taken it out before it could
crash into the planet, or at least prevent Sheridan's communications to
the ship.

>    Also, when the Mages left B5 it was clear their ship(s) wasn't
> intended to blow up right after the credits rolled but that's how it
> happened in the novel.

Ship, singular.  Only the Ondavi blew up anywhere near the station in
the novels, and that shouldn't have happened DURING THE EPISODE (The
Geometry of Shadows), which is where Jeanne Cavelos had it, NOT after
the credits rolled.  THAT'S the problem, where and when it exploded and
who saw it.

Here's the email correspondence I had with Jeanne about this very thing.
Posted with permission.  Personal information deleted.