Skriven 2012-11-09 10:50:45 av Roy Witt (1:387/22)
   Kommentar till text 4760 av Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
Ärende: Food for thought
========================
 On 09 Nov 12 00:17, Janis Kracht wrote to Roy Witt:

 >>> but on a number of issues and candidates, NOT just the president.

 >> Mostly misinformed by the liberal press and their silence on the
 >> subject of the worst economy since the great depression. Thing is,
 >> this country is headed for one that will go down in history as even
 >> worse than that.

 JK> If there is ANYTHING I personally feel that both parties should have
 JK> brought up it is climate change/global-Warming/Call-it-what you want.

There's nothing mankind can do about it anyway, it's a natural thing that
the earth has been going through for billions of years.

 JK> Don't deny it's there, because everyone sees what's coming down these
 JK> days. Luckily, we live in what's considered a "good" area, so we
 JK> won't be affected.

Yeah, it's so good that it gets visits by two major storms in as many
weeks...and no help for those who were too st00pid to retreat from the
beaches...

 >>> For instance the Democratic party maintained it's hold on the senate
 >>> and _gained_ 3 seats..

 >> Meanwhile, a retiring Texas Rep senator was replaced by yet another
 >> Rep senator.

 JK> Yep.. but no gains.

One! That amounted to Harry Reid making public statements of how sick and
tired his of fighting with conservatives. Which is a ploy used in an
attempt to make it SEEM like he's the innocent party in the Senate fight
between parties.

 >>> the house failed to recover back to the Democratic party because of
 >>> redistristring that has taken place..

 >> The house actually gained more Rep seats...

 JK> If you are calling congress, "the house".. you are wrong.

If an incumbant in the House term is up and they're re-elected, that's a
gain. Otherwise, it would be a loss.

 >>> Our own district is a perfect example of this, moving a strong
 >>> democratic city and county (Ithaca and Thompkins County) to the midst
 >>> of a barren Republican wasteland.

 >> Welcome to hell. Our district was reduced to Dem wasteland by a 3
 >> panel federal court who had Dems sitting in a majority.

 JK> What's even more ridiculous for us is that the part of NYState that
 JK> the plugged us INTO is not even where we physically belong :)  Hmm..
 JK> maybe that's a good reason for ME to get politically involved in the
 JK> area <g>.

If you look at the newly formed 35th Congressional district in Texas,
you'll note that it includes part of south Austin, runs down the I-35
corridor and then includes part of the northern San Antonio, that was
formerly district 21, it was represented by a Conservative who lives in
SA. This area is closer to SA than it is Austin - 25 miles vs 45 to
Austion, we got the shitty end of the stick. Which was served to us by a 3
judge federal court composed of liberals, as is this new district.

 >>> . this is just a typical example of the redistricting that has taken
 >>> place in congressional districts.

 >> Nationwide.

 JK> Of course.. I thought that was understood.

It is understood, but it shouldn't be decided by a liberally biased court.

 >>> That redistricting was due to the Tea Party win of 2010 and it
 >>> allowed them to fix the win for the election to the house.

 >> Wrong. Redistricting is due to the census taken all over the US in
 >> 2010...it happens every 10 years.

 >> Read your Constitution, 14th Amendment; "2. Representatives shall be
 >> apportioned among the several States according to their respective
 >> numbers."

 >> If the word 'apportioned' overwhelms you, let me know.

 JK> Oh please Lol..

 JK> http://tinyurl.com/d42fesy

 JK> says it all.. so don't take my word for it being absolute crap.

The New York Times is a fucking liberal newspaper, nothing else needs to
be said.

 >>> In the end though, the Tea Party lost.

 >> The Tea Party didn't have much to do with it. Not to mention that they
 >> are as down on misguided Reps as they are down on misguided Dems. If a
 >> congressperson isn't doing his job, then of course, they need to be
 >> shaken up a bit or replaced, whichever works for the betterment of the
 >> country.

 JK> Yes indeed..except the tea party never had anything to do with the
 JK> democratic party..

Probably why they were succesful and the Dems lost in 2010...

 >>> Conservatives lost.

 >> Just the WH, but not in Texas.

 JK> Not "just".. the democratic party also strengthened the Senate.. and
 JK> won the White House again, will eventually most likely appoint a
 JK> supreme court justice as well..

To the detriment of the country as a whole...

 >>> Tax cuts lost.

 >> You'll (your company) end up paying more.

 JK> I doubt that one _big_ time..

I don't, unless your income is less than the poverty level. But then, you
wouldn't be able to buy a new house and keep the old one too.

 >>> Gay-bashing lost.

 >> 1st Amendment says I can still call a faggot a faggot, a queer a
 >> queer.

 JK> Don't do that in public..

Not a problem, faggots are as disliked in Texas as are liberals.

 >>> Repealing Obamacare lost.

 >> Good thing your parents aren't still alive to suffer what retirees
 >> will suffer with little to no healthcare. (not to mention your future)

 JK> If they were still here, they'd be able to survive, and not have to
 JK> purchase vouchers for insurance they couldn't afford !!!

I don't have to buy vouchers and I'm a senior citizen with a SS income.

 JK> polictifact.com says:

 JK> "That means seniors would no longer have the guarantee of Medicare --

Speaking of Obamacare, absolutely true, but it won't affect anyone over
the age of 55 today. Your parents would be in that over 55 group.

 JK> they'd get a voucher to buy private insurance. And if it doesn't keep
 JK> up with costs, well, that's the seniors' problem. It was estimated
 JK> that Gov. Romney's running mate, his original plan would force
 JK> seniors to pay an extra _$6,400_ a year."

 JK> Glad YOU could have afforded that one :)

I won't have to, just you Obamacare supporters...

 >> Meanwhile the trend will be doctors retiring early (because they can't
 >> afford to stay in practice under the conditions of Obamacare)

 JK> BS.. All the doctors I know are doing more than FINE financially and
 JK> there is no reason to think that will change.

Then you don't know any doctors...at least none that know their business.

 >> and not many
 >> new medical students entering college to take their place because
 >> their future income would be in jeopardy.

 JK> Not from all the statistics I've seen.  Costs are astronomical yes..
 JK> who's fault is that?  haha.. it didn't START 4 years ago, did it?

No, it started in 1965. Lets see, who was in the WH then?

 JK>  And
 JK> everytime we see OUR doctor, he's got a student resident in tow.. :)

That poor bastard will have to find a new profession if he wants to eat
regularly.

 >> Better to go into a field that is
 >> needed in the medical world, such as taking a census of the welfare
 >> recipients on Obamacare.

 JK> With Obamacare, you'll see lower cost of medications and more
 JK> preventative care coverage.

Maybe for a 25yo...not for me.

 JK> You'll also be able to access the new health insurance exchange
 JK> programs..and protection if you've got pre-existing condions. That's
 JK> already here of course.

Not worth a shit.

 >> now we are onto a big win in this country and you can count on
 >>> things being fixed here.

 >> Doubt it...with a 1% difference (50-49^) in the popular vote, there is
 >> no

 JK> I think you stopped watching Fox News too early? :)

Roughly 59.6m vs 57m = 116.6m votes cast. 59.6/116.6 = 51% - work it the
other way around and you get, roughly 49%...pretty damned close for my
intial guess-timate. BTW, there still isn't a mandate for the loser
who remains in the WH.

 >> mandate to go forward.

 JK> As of this moment it's 50.5 for Obama and 48 for Romney.. with Obama
 JK> popular vote  lead larger than Bush's victory over Kerry in 2004..
 JK> and HEY.. Bush declared HE had a mandate.. so.. doesn't that mean
 JK> that Obama has Mandate???

Not without a majority controlling Congress...

 JK> Oh btw, regarding the house seats..

 JK> Democrats have already picked up 3 seats and lead in 5 of the 6 races
 JK> undecided...

What part of the House' 232 seats held by conservatives went over your
head...218 is still a majority...

 >> We're still a nation that is just as split as it
 >> was on Nov 5th and there will be no change in Washington, which is
 >> going to be the demise of this country.

 JK> The country is changing and your point of view represents fewer and
 JK> fewer people all the time.

The country isn't changing, it is presently stagnant and will get worse
over the next four years, not better.

 >> Watch the stock market, it went down 300+ points on Wednesday. That's
 >> because the NitWH was re-elected and now job creators will be
 >> downsizing and moving production offshore, not creating US jobs. Which
 >> is exactly what I'd be doing if I were still in business.

 JK> Why did the number of Private sector jobs declined during Bush's 8
 JK> years in office?

They did? News to me...

 JK> And why is the number of private sector jobs increased during Obama's
 JK> 4 years?

They haven't. We still have over 23m people looking for work. Why did the
unemployment rate rise from 7.8% to 7.9% last Friday? What will it be next
month and the months to come...a down hill slide.

 JK>   The facts paint just the opposite picture of the one that exists in
 JK> your fantasy world.

Enjoy your nightmare...

 JK> As a little addendum the number of pubic sector jobs increased during
 JK> Bush's 8 years in office.. and declined during the first four years
 JK> of Obama's years in office.

 Under the Obama, the jobs declined and they never came back...that's the
future of America with the Obama running things...Greece here we come.

            R\%/itt

--- Hate Mongers and Morons, get your coffee and keyboards ready!
 * Origin: Texas Lone-Star - Texan, American, USAian  (1:387/22)