Skriven 2012-12-12 16:37:39 av Roy Witt (1:387/22)
     Kommentar till en text av Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
Ärende: FidoNews 29:50 [02/0
============================
 Bre'r Ward Dossche wrote about RE:Re: FidoNews 29:50 [02/0 to Bre'r Roy
Witt:

 RW>> ... We do have cities with a public bus service that rus on
 RW>> a 15 minute schedule that would overshadow anything you could
 RW>> compare it to in the EU.

 WD> Poohooooo ... I've got a busstop in front of my door, every 12 mins
 WD> and Mortsel isn't even that big, less than 25.000 people and 4
 WD> train stations in service for passengers. 5 min walk to the
 WD> streetcorner and I have a 7 minute tram into town and 5 other
 WD> buslines.

Big deal...I have 5 personal vehicles at my disposal on a daily basis
and the fuel to run them is 3 times less costly than it is in the EU. I
don't have to wait even one second if I want to go somewhere. Who has
more freedom of instant movement, you or me?

 WD> "That" is "public transportation", when you can get from one place
 WD> to another without having to rely on a gas-guzzling CO2-producing
 WD> roadhog.

I don't mind gas-guzzling, CO2 producing, road-hogs as much as I would
mind having to succomb to the whims of a less than desirable public
transportation system, like you do.

1. CO2 is a natural thing that the earth has been dealing with for
   millinium.

2. road hogs are in the eye of the beholder.

3. Public transportation isn't all that it is propagandized to be.

 WD>  Just driving from one end of an avenue to the other end
 WD> like New York City leaves a lot to be desired.

Depends(tm) on the view of the driver. Some people need to have someone
do the driving because they're like you, incapable.

 WD> Ease of use is the keyword, I pay my transportation ticket by
 WD> cellphone, no need for 5 pounds of quarters in my pocket.

Ease of use is having a KEY to my own personal vehicle. Ease of use is
the free-public-parking-sticker I get just for being a customer of my
financial institution. Good anywhere.

 RW>> Being as how the size of Europe would fit into the state of Rhode
 RW>> Island, what's so great about that?

 WD> Europe has a size of 3.930.000 square miles, as a comparison Texas
 WD> is 268,581 square miles. Rhode Island is 1,214 square miles ... do
 WD> your homework again.

8^) Europe is a pissant little place with pissant little dictators, like
yourself. If figures of speech go over your head, that's your problem.

 RW>WD>> For comparison's purpose ... LA to San Francisco is some
 RW>WD>> 345-350 miles only.

 RW>> Ummmm. It's only 80 miles from San Diego to LA, 520+ miles to
 RW>> SanFran
 RW>> ... you can correct your own math.

 WD> On a straight Google Earth line it is indeed about 345-350 miles.

Line of sight doesn't get you to SF unless you're using a flying saucer
... you can't travel line of sight if you're going to drive it or take
the train. Anybody who can read a road map knows that.

 WD> Driving, and I just looked it up, It's 382 miles. You've got a
 WD> discrepancy of 60 miles in your accounting ...

You've got a discrepancy in reality. I've driven the distance, I know
the drive better than you could ever imagine.

However, Google map directions from the Haight-Ashbury area of SF to
Downtown San Diego indicates a 504 mile, 7hr and 29m trip. 524 miles and
add 11m to the trip if I detour down I-15 past the old homestead in Mira
Mesa.

I-15 is preferable to I-5 because it is newer and less traveled than the
stretch of I-5 through LA, taking another lesser traveled I-210 to
Ontario at the I-5/210 junction in LA and connecting with I-15, going
around the very crowded LA traffic.

Of course, you wouldn't know anything about it, since you're speaking
just plain bullshit instead of knowing the facts.

 RW>> Slick Willy wasn't found guilty of anything but lying to the
 RW>> public.

 WD> Strauss-Kahn wasn't found guilty either ... he was crucified in the
 WD> press.

He crucified himself by running away. Euro press didn't do him any
justice either.

 RW>> ... he (=Slick Willy) agreed to pay
 RW>> a mere $850 thousand. That small amount would fit in a small
 RW>> ladies hat bag. no need for a suitcase.

 WD> I'm certain you were present at the negotiations and the pay-out...

Yeup...I received just compensation just for watching him sweat.

 RW>WD>> In your dreams ...

 RW>> LOL! You should read more EU news...I'm not exagerating here.

 WD> I live 'in' the EU.

That doesn't mean you read EU newspapers...or know anything about what
they say.

 RW>> And that's a bad thing? Mexicans are very nice people (they don't
 RW>> delve into terroism).

 WD> Is that why there's a travel advisory about Mexico not to go there?

Mexican drug cartels, like Euro muslims, are causing another revolution
in Mexico. You go there at your own peril. People who're in the know,
don't go where the cartels deal out drugs, are having gang wars, or
where the Mexican government enforces drug laws, etc.. Kinda like it was
in Serbia/Kosovo during their ethnic cleansing days. I'm sure you're
very familiar with how that works.

 RW>WD>> Greece, in the end, will be Europe's finest hour ...

 RW>> That'll be the day, as soon as they can overcome a 154% GDP debt
 RW>> to population ratio.

 WD> Not certain what kind of source you use for whinings but it
 WD> certainly is not Eurostat (of which you've never heard until now

Nor would I give a shit. World debt clocks are much more revealing than
Eurostat could ever be.

 WD> but you'll quickly Google and claim to be all-knowing afterwards).

Nahhh. I've been waiting for you to bring this subject up, months ago.

You can goto this website to see the real facts...no lies by you at all
there.

http://www.economist.com/content/global_debt_clock

 WD> What is clear is you don't understand the first letter of what you
 WD> read.

Quit looking in that mirror when you critisize yourself. I know English
isn't your best subject, so I compensate for that.

 WD> GDP does not mean 'gross dept per Capita" but 'gross deomestic
 WD> product".

Duhhhh! What part of 'Public Debt Per Person' went over your head,
shorty?

Belgium's PDDP is $45k...
Belgium's  GDP is 101.4%

Do you need another explanation of that? Maybe Bear can help you out
with that.

 WD> The national debt of a country, that includes the USA, is of little
 WD> importance as long as the budget takes care of the markers that are
 WD> called. Countries plan for it, so does Greece.

Looks like Belgium has forgotten about that, as the Total Annual Debt
Change is only .3% - that isn't rocket science.

 WD> Their national debt is not the problem, but a 180% overrun of the
 WD> budget is.

Too bad they were allowed to join the EU...the EuroZone was supposed to
curb that.

 WD> GDP, national debt, budget and budget-overrun as a percentage of
 WD> the GDP are all different things. If you don't understand that,
 WD> then go back to school ... and keep quiet about the fact you do not
 WD> understand this.

I don't need to go back to school...just because it's a thorn under your
saddle that Europe, in particular Belgium and Greece are deep in the
hole and there's no shovel large enough to dig out of it.

 RW>> Remember my prediction of a few years ago, the EU will break up
 RW>> into small splinters and that time is now...enjoy the broken
 RW>> chips.

 WD> In your dream ... The EU has just been awarded the Nobel Peace
 WD> Prize, there's a reason why the US is not getting it.

I see nothing nobel about receiving such a prize in the face of your own
demise.

 RW>> Take as an example: Belgium with a GDP of 104.4%, public debt per
 RW>> person (PDPP) of $45.4k as a sign of things to come.

 WD> As long as a country can pay back its bonds there is no issue.

Without growth, Belgium won't be doing much paying off.

 WD> Belgium's credit rating is excellent for Standard and Poor, Moody's
 WD> and Fitch.

Actually Belgium's credit rating was reduced to Aa3 from AA+ over a year
ago. It has been reduced even more since then.

 WD> If you don't understand that, that's OK ... please do not show-off
 WD> ignorance, it is a commodity not to be proud of.

You should put that mirror to better use. Looking at your asshole
instead of that round hole on your face isn't doing any justice to the
hair on your ass being cultivated on your face too, shorty.

         R\%/itt - K5RXT/887 - 9 DAYS

                         The End of the World!

 Amateur Radio Station K5RXT, having registered on the N0D website,
 www.nowzerodays.com, is hereby designated Official N0D Doomsday Radio
 Station Number 887 - a member of the Doomsday Special Event Network
 for as long as we last!

--- Ya have ta ask yourself: What Would Roy Witt Do?
 * Origin: Texas Lone-Star - Texan, American, USAian  (1:387/22)