Möte POL_INC, 14731 texter
Skriven 2010-04-15 13:31:00 av Bob Klahn (1:124/311)
     Kommentar till en text av Johnjwilson
Ärende: THIS is how it is going t
=================================

->>  I am very concerned about his plan to cut the deficits.
 J> I do remember an argument I had with my professor of
 J> economics in ...ah...1948...concerning the national debt. He
 J> said that it was ok to continually increase the debt because
 J> the country grows and the ratio was pretty much static. You

 That was true... to an extent. Actually, the economy grew faster
 than the debt, so the debt load, the ratio he was talking about,
 fell.

 As per this:

 According to the Federal Budget History files, 2010: At the end
 of WW2 the debt load was almost 122% of GDP. It went down under
 every president, war and peace, recession or prosperity, liberal
 or conservative, republican or democrat, until Reagan. When
 Reagan took office it was around 33%.

 Under Reagan it started back up, under Clinton it started back
 down again. Under Bush II it went back into climb mode.

 In 1981, 32.6%, in 1989, 53.1%, in 1993, 66.2%, in 2001 57.4%,
 in 2009 90.4%.

 So, Obama was handed an economy that was at risk of another
 depression, and a debt load that is headed for crushing.

 If the country went into depression the GDP could drop as much
 as 50%. The debt would not drop, so the debt load would become
 horrendous. 90% jumps to 180%. Higher than this country has ever
 seen. If the GDP dropped 25% that still pushes up the debt load
 to around 130%. That is a crushing debt. And that is why we
 might well not be able to get out of another depression.

 Note that the debt load only increased under anti-tax presidents.

 J> trying to tell me something has changed in 62 years? (Gawd!

 Yep!

 J> I am quite concerned with
 J> his Iraq plans. I am concerned with everybody's plans for
 J> Iraq. I see no plans for peace in a corrupt REGION. Or one

 As am I. We need to get out of there.

 J> sarcasm) Pakistan and India: two bombs (to show each other
 J> they had 'em,) a few million die, Iran lets one go to
 J> celebrate Hate Jewry Day, destroying Tel Aviv, and gets
 J> wiped out as Israel retaliates by utterly destroying every
 J> city, village, or gathering of more than 12 people in the
 J> entire country, with 216 atomic bombs. Israel says"...and we
 J> have 12,000 more, so watch it, Syria. We now control the
 J> middle east.

 MAD still works. They are not MAD enough to start that war.

 J> By "we" I mean of Course Israel AND the United
 J> States. No one else..." Announcement interrupted as 43
 J> missiles arrive from Russia Completely wiping our Israel.

 Don't worry about that. It won't be Israel and the US. They are
 not really that good an ally. They would claim control and we
 would be left out.

 J> The U.S. says: "You got no reserves now, Russia, so we might
 J> as well do this quickly: 2,468 nukes wipe out all Russian
 J> cities with a pop. of over 5,000

 That would be most of our inventory, and Russia has more than we
 do. We have better quality, they have larger quantity.

 J> stupidity of the human race...oops...Power drain on the
 J> Dimensionier so I'll give the John Wilson in your Universe
 J> his consciousness back...

 We never noticed the difference.

->>  I find his failure to close gitmo unacceptable.

 J> Now that he's learned how to kick ass he'll get around to
 J> it. What do you do with rascals that you've tortured? You
 J> got an easy answer? What would you do TOPDAY Mr. President?

  Yep. The innocent ones get to go where they want to, including
  here.

 The ones who are accused get a trial. Those who are truly guilty
 are either tried or declared POWs.

->>  He failure to release those gitmo prisoners who are not even
->>  accused of anything is outrageous.

 J> Let 'em go! ...uh...let 'em go where?

 For some, here.

->> ->>  Now you are talking about Republicans.

->>  J> No, a pox on all houses.

->>  Esp Republicans.

->>  Remember, this is not your father's Republican party.

 J> True.

->>  It's not even your republican party.

 J> True again.

 J> My Grandfather had a sign, hanging on his office war that
 J> read: "Honesty is the best policy" That's what it comes down
 J> to. I feel like saying to a rabid right winger: "Before we
 J> start talking policy (At this point I am grabbing his collar
 J> with both hands and shaking him) just stop lying to me!"
 J> **********

 Sounds good to me.

 J> Two lawyers at lunch...one interrupts the other:
 J> "That' a lie!"
 J> Other one: Yeah, but hear me out..."

 Sounds even better.

BOB KLAHN bob.klahn@sev.org   http://home.toltbbs.com/bobklahn

... Of course I'm running WindoëÖøÂ NO CARRIER
 * Silver Xpress V4.5/P [Reg]
--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v3.0pr5a
 * Origin: FidoTel & QWK on the Web! www.fidotel.com (1:124/311)