Möte POL_INC, 14731 texter
Skriven 2010-05-26 18:00:00 av TIM RICHARDSON (1:123/140)
     Kommentar till en text av ROSS SAUER
Ärende: Obama & Fellow Travelers
================================
Infidel Bloggers Alliance: I'm Tired by Robert A. Hall

Thursday, March 05, 2009
I'm Tired by Robert A. Hall
Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in the
Massachusetts state senate. He blogs at www.tartanmarine.blogspot.com

I'll be 63 soon. Except for one semester in college when jobs were scarce, and
a six-month period when I was between jobs, but job-hunting every day, I've
worked, hard, since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in
50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in seven or eight years. I make a
good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get
where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired.

Very tired.

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth around" to people
who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take
the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy or
stupid to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that I have to pay more taxes to "keep people in their
homes." Sure, if they lost their jobs or got sick, I'm willing to help. But if
they bought McMansions at three times the price of our paid-off, $250,000
condo, on one-third of my salary, then let the leftwing Congresscritters who
passed Fannie and Freddie and the Community Reinvestment Act that created the
bubble help them-with their own money.

I'm tired of being told how bad America is by leftwing millionaires like
Michael Moore, George Soros and Hollywood entertainers who live in luxury
because of the opportunities America offers. In thirty years, if they get
their way, the United States will have the religious freedom and women's
rights of Saudi Arabia, the economy of Zimbabwe, the freedom of the press of
China, the crime and violence of Mexico, the tolerance for Gay people of Iran,
and the freedom of speech of Venezuela. Won't multiculturalism be beautiful?

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I
can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and
daughters for their family "honor;" of Muslims rioting over some slight
offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't
"believers;" of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage
rape victims to death for "adultery;" of Muslims mutilating the genitals of
little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law
tells them to.

I believe "a man should be judged by the content of his character, not by the
color of his skin." I'm tired of being told that "race doesn't matter" in the
post-racial world of President Obama, when it's all that matters in
affirmative action jobs, lower college admission and graduation standards for
minorities (harming them the most), government contract set-asides, tolerance
for the ghetto culture of violence and fatherless children that hurts
minorities more than anyone, and in the appointment of US Senators from
Illinois. I think it's very cool that we have a black president and that a
black child is doing her homework at the desk where Lincoln wrote the
emancipation proclamation. I just wish the black president was Condi Rice, or
someone who believes more in freedom and the individual and less in an all-
knowing government.

I'm tired of a news media that thinks Bush's fundraising and inaugural
expenses were obscene, but that think Obama's, at triple the cost, were
wonderful. That thinks Bush exercising daily was a waste of presidential time,
but Obama exercising is a great example for the public to control weight and
stress, that picked over every line of Bush's military records, but never
demanded that Kerry release his, that slammed Palin with two years as governor
for being too inexperienced for VP, but touted Obama with three years as
senator as potentially the best president ever.

Wonder why people are dropping their subscriptions or switching to Fox News?

Get a clue. I didn't vote for Bush in 2000, but the media and Kerry drove me
to his camp in 2004.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let
Saudi Arabia use our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools to
preach hate in America, while no American group is allowed to fund a church,
synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia to teach love and tolerance.

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global
warming, which no one is allowed to debate. My wife and I live in a two-
bedroom apartment and carpool together five miles to our jobs. We also own a
three-bedroom condo where our daughter and granddaughter live. Our carbon
footprint is about 5% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're
green enough.

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help
support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush
out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses while
they tried to fight it off? I don't think Gay people choose to be Gay, but I
damn sure think druggies chose to take drugs. And I'm tired of harassment from
cool people treating me like a freak when I tell them I never tried marijuana.

I'm tired of illegal aliens being called "undocumented workers," especially
the ones who aren't working, but are living on welfare or crime. What's next?
Calling drug dealers, "Undocumented Pharmacists"? And, no, I'm not against
Hispanics. Most of them are Catholic and it's been a few hundred years since
Catholics wanted to kill me for my religion. I'm willing to fast track for
citizenship any Hispanic person who can speak English, doesn't have a criminal
record and who is self-supporting without family on welfare, or who serves
honorably for three years in our military. Those are the citizens we need.

I'm tired of latte liberals and journalists, who would never wear the uniform
of the Republic themselves, or let their entitlement-handicapped kids near a
recruiting station, trashing our military. They and their kids can sit at
home, never having to make split-second decisions under life and death
circumstances, and bad mouth better people then themselves. Do bad things
happen in war? You bet. Do our troops sometimes misbehave? Sure. Does this
compare with the atrocities that were the policy of our enemies for the last
fifty years-and still are? Not even close. So here's the deal. I'll let myself
be subjected to all the humiliation and abuse that was heaped on terrorists at
Abu Ghraib or Gitmo, and the critics can let themselves be subject to
captivity by the Muslims who tortured and beheaded Daniel Pearl in Pakistan,
or the Muslims who tortured and murdered Marine Lt. Col. William Higgins in
Lebanon, or the Muslims who ran the blood-spattered Al Qaeda torture rooms our
troops found in Iraq, or the Muslims who cut off the heads of schoolgirls in
Indonesia, because the girls were Christian. Then we'll compare notes. British
and American soldiers are the only troops in history that civilians came to
for help and handouts, instead of hiding from in fear.

I'm tired of people telling me that their party has a corner on virtue and the
other party has a corner on corruption. Read the papers-bums are bi-partisan.

And I'm tired of people telling me we need bi-partisanship. I live in
Illinois, where the "Illinois Combine" of Democrats and Republicans has worked
together harmoniously to loot the public for years. And I notice that the tax
cheats in Obama's cabinet are bi-partisan as well.

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of both
parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes,
when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired
of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

Speaking of poor, I'm tired of hearing people with air-conditioned homes,
color TVs and two cars called poor. The majority of Americans didn't have that
in 1970, but we didn't know we were "poor." The poverty pimps have to keep
changing the definition of poor to keep the dollars flowing.

I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and
actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination, or
big-whatever for their problems.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 63. Because, mostly, I'm not
going to get to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my
granddaughter.

---
*Durango b301 #PE*
 * Origin: Doc's Place BBS Fido Since 1991 docsplace.tzo.com (1:123/140)