WINDOWS   0/1517
WWB_SYSOP   0/419
WWB_TECH   0/810
ZCC-PUBLIC   0/1
ZEC   4

Möte AMATEUR_RADIO, 1039 texter
 lista första sista föregående nästa
Text 278, 47 rader
Skriven 2006-12-09 09:19:00 av Tony Langdon (588.amateur_)
    Kommentar till text 276 av PETER COGGON (1:123/140)
Ärende: Re: BBS & Echolink
==========================
-=> PETER COGGON wrote to TONY LANGDON <=-

 PC>   Actually since I tried Hyperterm, and I could dial ok with the latest
 PC> I wondered if too they just were not curious enough, and of course they
 PC> were Internet hooked.

That too.  Though they obviously don't "get it", because BBSs and the Internet
work rather well together.  Just got DOVE Net going on mine.  As for Fido, well
I have a quandry that wasn't anticipated.  Am I in Zone 1 or Zone 3?  Well, the
BBS is in Atlanta, but I'm 10000 miles away.  An underlying assumption in Fido
policy is that the sysop and the board are in the same location (Oops, broke
that one severely ;) ).

 PC>   You forgot hydro.   I was looking too at the latest ADSL and have all

Hydro?

 PC> the filters for the phone, so it can be left online 24/7 but then
 PC> I backed out for lack of a BBS program, and it is a do it alone thing
 PC> and well I have not been getting too much free time to tinker with it,
 PC> so----o we'll see for 2007.

Well, I've got access to cable and ADSL, but upstream bandwidth at home sites
is limited, and there's only so many PCs one can keep running (already running
IRLP and WIRES II). And I'd have to change ISP to offer BBS level services -
too much hassle, a virtual server in the US is MUCH easier. :)

 PC>   I am on  Echolink too ... been on since the days when it was known
 PC> as Ilink.  I wanted to get something like that too, and IRLP but
 PC> as yet, I have not decided where to fit that in too.

Me too, my system has a node number of 1046 (and no, I didn't buy that one in
the vanity program).

 PC>   I wonder how you rate Synchronet BBS to the Wildcat BBS program?

I never really liked Wildcat myself (at least as a user).  Synchronet is quite
good.

73 de VK3JED
http://www.vkradio.com
Synchronet BBS coming soon!
... Computer Hacker wanted. Must have own axe.
--- MultiMail/Win32 v0.47
--- SBBSecho 2.11-Win32
 * Origin: Vertrauen - vert.synchro.net (1:103/705)