Möte BABYLON5, 17862 texter
Skriven 2004-12-28 16:20:04 av Kay Shapero (1:102/524.0)
Ärende: [1 of 4] JMS posts to moderated b5 newsgroup
This is a collection of recent posts by JMS to the newsgroup
rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated
See also http://america.net/~judge for Dirk Loedding's archives
of JMS posts.
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 12:41:27 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: Attn: JMS  Be an Advisor
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

>My daughter was incensed that (1) the other party lied
>about the ice cream supply and (2) her bear came in 4th because of it.
>I thought these first graders are getting a good lesson in the
>veracity of campaign promises, and the 5th graders learned that the
>voters want a free ride.

Let's not forget that the winning bear also said he had a clear strategy for
dealing with Osama Bear Laden....

 jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
and don't send me story ideas)

Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:10:50 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: B5 sighting
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

>the Great Maker himself is on the disc 2 of Spiderman 2 DVD, doing
>commentary

Where?  I went through it and couldn't find the freaking thing.

 jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
and don't send me story ideas)

Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 16:23:36 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: dumb jms request
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

So I was going through the archives -- which I do rarely because there's just
so much stuff -- and realized to my horror that a bucket-load of my stuff,
especially old scripts, short stories, works in progress, that sort of stuff,
all dating from the late 80s, was only archived at the time, and on 5.25"
floppies.

And there's not a computer here in the house anymore that takes 5.25.

I went online to try to find a usb external floppy drive that could handle that
size and even Google laughed at me.

I know that the magnetic recording doesn't last forever, and many of these
disks may be dead by now....but if not, I'd like to try and preserve whatever's
on there.

So I turn to the Group Mind, figuring somebody out there can either hotwire one
or knows where I can find such a technological unicorn.

I'm NOT looking for suggestions on how to hotwire an old one up to my
motherboard, because I don't DO that...the last time I opened the back of my
computer the little man inside yelled CLOSE THE DOOR and I haven't opened it
since.  This has to be as close to plug-and-play as possible.

So only drop me a note if you either have one, or can lay your hand on it.  If
you're going to give me tech advice, you may as well talk to a goldfish for all
the good it'll do.

Thanx.

 jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
and don't send me story ideas)

Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:45:50 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: dumb jms request
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

I've had a volunteer who can build me such a creature as described...so I think
I'm now in the clear.  Thanks to all who helped.

 jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
and don't send me story ideas)

Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 03:52:37 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: "Crusade" DVDs in TNT order
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

>I guess noone at WB would admitt that they basicly had lied to Joe. But I do
>hope that the truth will come out one way or another.
>
>Joe, will there ever be a conversation between you and WB about this
>"faux-pas"?

Oh, that conversation has already begun.

My latest email reads as follows:

"Scott --

Since you have not replied to my email asking why the bait-and-switch was done
in regards to my commentary, I have no idea why this was done or how you plan
to rectify the situation.

Many fans are asking the same questions of me, but since I don't have this
information, I though the simplest and most efficient solution would be to give
them your email address so they can inquire of you directly.  If I don't hear
back in a couple of days, I'll assume you don't mind."

 jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
and don't send me story ideas)

Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 03:52:35 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: Danger folks.. Warner Bros is screwing with TMOS Casting..
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

I would like to be able to comment on this, but for the time being I am not
able to do so.

 jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
and don't send me story ideas)

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:04:28 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: You ain't gonna believe this one, folks (OR: Why, Oh Why Did I
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

For more info go to:

http://harlanellison.com/heboard/unca.htm

 jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
and don't send me story ideas)

Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:25:49 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: To JMS
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

>I would like to ask you why in the world you would play insult toward the
>Holy See, I am a big fan of your show, but after watching Crusade for the
>first time, you made on purpose a female Pope, this does NOT even in the
>slightest coincide with our beliefs nor would cannon change. We are not
>protestants, nor do we get along with them when it comes to dogma.

Two things....

First, as you probably know, the Roman Catholic Church has been hoping for a
long time now to re-unite with the other churches that broke off from it long
ago...which do, in many cases, recognize female priests.

If the church achieves its goal, then it will probably have to make that
adjustment over time.  That being the case, the possibility of a female pope is
altogether reasonable.

Second, are you aware that during the Black Plague, when the ranks of priests
had been decimated by illness and death, the church allowed the ordination of
female priests to minister to the sick?  Because if they didn't, they wouldn't
HAVE anybody else.

Further to this point...for centuries, Catholic priests were allowed to marry.
This only changed when the children of priests began to make the claim that
they, not the church, owned the land on which the churches were built.  When
this became too problematic, they passed the rule that priests could not marry.

The church's dogma has always been flexible when it was politically or
financially expedient.  Those who think otherwise have no familiarity with
history.

 jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
and don't send me story ideas)

Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:07:17 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: ATTN JMS: File Sharing, Sci-Fi TV and the art of motorcycle
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

>Legality and morality are not equal.

No, not always.  But my point, to which you respond, is that it's illegal.  If
you want to argue morality, that's later down in the message.  (Actually, there
are values, mores and laws...the former two eventually morphing into the third.
 Just for any sociology students kicking around.)

>You *say* you don't want to indulge in the metaphor, but you then
>proceed to use the typical horribly flawed metaphor.

> You CAN do it, sure.  But does that make it right?
>
>No, because you've deprived the store of that *physical property*. It's
>no longer there for them to make money on.
>
>With someone downloading something, there is no "physical loss".

Is the matter physical loss or financial loss?  For the writer, there is sure

--- MsgPost v1.01
 * Origin: StormGate Aerie.. all alone in the net... (1:102/524)