Möte BABYLON5, 17862 texter
Skriven 2006-07-25 11:27:00 av Robert E Starr JR (5255.babylon5)
Ärende: Re: ATTN JMS: Please Don'
=================================
* * * This message was from Wendy of NJ to rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.m * * *
         * * * and has been forwarded to you by Lord Time * * *

@MSGID: <9f1cc21keb0hji2k8dmv8ohbodnggt4c1b@4ax.com>
@REPLY: <200607190842.k6J8gQAR005154@agora.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu>
On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:29:37 -0400, Jaime M. de Castellvi
<3cjmd@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 17:06:54 +0000 (UTC), denebeim@deepthot.org (Jay
>Denebeim) wrote:
>
>>In article <qn1vb21md93483vnb8auee51otqr58hm1j@4ax.com>,
>>Richard Tibbetts  <richard@primepeace.ltd.uk> wrote:
>>>In message <20060720085007.93118.qmail@web30203.mail.mud.yahoo.com>,
>>>Troy Heagy <electrictroy@yahoo.com> wrote on Thu, 20 Jul 2006 01:50:07
>>>-0700 (PDT):

>>>Can someone nearer hit this guy with a clue-by-four?
>>
>>I've gotta apologize for that.  That message should absolutely not
>>have gotten onto the newsgroup.  New moderator.  And yes, she's been
>>smacked.
>>
>>Troy, who's been a clueless annoyance as long as he's been posting has
>>no idea what nettiquette is like.  This morning we bounced a message
>>where he was quoting an e-mail from Harper.
>>
>>Look, people, you know how to be polite, please do so.  I've got a
>>very sick parrot which is requiring me to drive all over the state for
>>treatment.  Work is blowing up.  And other suff.  So please, play
>>nicely for awhile, okay?
>
>Sorry to hear about your parrot.  Hope he gets well soon <waving "Hi"
>to Cheryl too>.
>
>I didn't realize that PH had become such a pest, but that shows how
>out of touch I've been, dropping by only every blue moon or so.
>
>My last exchange with Paul was somewhere around August 2001.  It was
>just after Gharlane's passing.  A lot of people were hurting from the
>loss, and some of the usual suspects came in and starting craping on
>his grave.  IIRC Paul was tangling with them and with just about
>everybody else.  Anyway, things were getting ugly so I tried to inject
>a little humor by using a couple of sock puppets to make fun of two or
>three jerks stirring things up.  I also pretended to be Paul by
>setting up a yahoo addy and then posting for Google, only then
>parodying to excess his British style.
>
>That was nearly six years ago and, other than being a little mercurial
>and perhaps having something to prove, Paul seemed like an OK bloke
>overall.  Mostly he seemed to do a lot of righteous bumbling, which
>was kind of funny to watch from afar.  I'm sorry to hear he's turned
>to the dark side.  My suggestion with people who troll maliciously (as
>opposed to those who troll playfully and in a fun way) is to ignore
>them.  This of course never works because they always end up getting
>under peoples's hides.  The other suggestion is not to take anything
>they say seriously.  Following up misinterpreting what they say in
>outrageous and hilarious ways works wonders; history documents
>extensively the subversive powers of laughter to confront anger and
>righteousness.
>
>The thing is that, without knowing any of this and after all these
>years since I used that fake Paul Harper handle, I used it again this
>spring to perpetrate my annual April Fools usenet prank.  I decided I
> [...]

Well. That's a bit of net history of which I was previously unaware.
If the Internet was in existence during my teenage years, I'm sure I'd
have been "trolling" newsgroups... man, what an outlet that would have
been for all the high school angst I had...

It is certainly sad when any life is snuffed out too soon. It's also
sad when you see a teenager with a wonderful mind and wit dulled by
drink, drugs and "non-jobs" (jobs to just earn money and not a career,
per se) until they become "just a regular guy", and never "live up to
their potential". I've seen both circumstances.

-Wendy

--- SBBSecho 2.11-Win32
 * Origin: Time Warp of the Future BBS - Home of League 10 (1:14/400)