Möte BABYLON5, 17862 texter
Skriven 2005-05-15 15:37:16 av Kay Shapero (1:102/524.0)
Ärende: JMS posts to moderated b5 newsgroup
This is a collection of recent posts by JMS to the newsgroup
rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated
See also http://america.net/~judge for Dirk Loedding's archives
of JMS posts.
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 04:07:12 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: from jms: too damned much stuff
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

Because there are a lot of folks who've said that the items currently
on ebay are kind of beyond their reach, I just put up a dutch auction
for multiples of the "V" script that I've never let anyone see before,
all autographed, at a ceiling of $200 (this is a FOUR HOUR miniseries,
remember), so it can't go any higher, and anybody who wants something
special can have one.  I'll run this for two auction cycles and that's
it, so those who get 'em will have something that won't be available
again from me.

jms

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 23:23:11 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: JMS: Twilight Zone commentaries/interviews?
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

Jan wrote:
> JMS:
>
> I noticed that Twilight Zone Seasons 2 & 3 is due to be released on
DVD on June

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00092ZLDK/qid=1114276738/sr=1-15/ref=sr_1_15/104-0035610-6624712?v=glance&s=dvd

> Since this set has all of the episodes from your anthology book, are
there any
> interviews or commentaries from you on this release?
>
> Thanks,
> Jan

Negative.

jms

Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 03:33:41 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: Auction Mania Phase II
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

I still hope that he is taking some of this and putting back towards
worthy causes.

This is the only time I hope to talk about this.

One of the things I almost never discuss is the issue of charities,
because I'm of the school that says what you do, you do privately, you
don't make a show of it.  Otherwise you're doing it for all the wrong
reasons...it becomes "looka me, how magnanimous I am!"  I've never
believed in that.

So for as long as I can remember, I've always tithed about ten percent
of my income -- sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on the work
that year -- to a variety of causes.  Mostly women's shelters, some
hospices, Aids Project LA, the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, PEN
International, amnesty international, a handful of others.  And there's
other stuff that nobody will EVER know about because I do it
anonymously, which is the way it's supposed to be, at least from my end
of things.

And that, I hope, will be the last I ever have to say on the issue.

jms

Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:11:57 +0000 (UTC)
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

Seems to me that JMS is keeping plenty to donate to a museum if/when
the time
comes.

It might be worth mentioning that I think the Medal, and the painting
by Peter, are going to be the last really big items.  I think I'll keep
it to more reasonable stuff after that, mainly scripts, director's
cuts, and at the most there's a PPG and a link that might go...but
beyond that, I think I'll pull it back.  So what's out now goes out,
but after that...not so much.

jms

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:32:47 +0000 (UTC)
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

A follow-up on this subject....

Tomorrow, the Seeing Double auctions start at 1:00 p.m. PST

By "seeing double" I mean that I have two of these, and there's no
reason for me to hold on to both, so I'm putting one of them up in each
of these three auctions.

The first two are doubles of my complete He-Man and She-Ra production
archives, NOT the scripts, but a truckload of other stuff.
Storyboards, art, memos, series bibles, publicity stuff, you name it.

The third one...is the one that I debated about for a long time, but I
want this whole thing to be kind of special, to put something that I
would want to have as a fan, not just to clear out stuff from the
garage.  Something...special.

Because that's almost half the fun...knowing these things are going to
get good homes, appreciated and shown off.

So what's item number three?

Nothing less than one of the two Medals from the Battle of the Line
seen in Sinclair's quarters in the pilot.  Both were used on screen,
interchangeably.  I'm keeping one, and letting the other one go to a
fan who can appreciate it.

Yep.  THAT medal.

The one that changed everything for the Babylon 5 storyline.

jms

(Message content copyright (c) 2005
by Synthetic Worlds, Ltd.
Permission to reprint specifically
denied to SFX Magazine)

Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 23:42:27 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: JMS at Philly Wizard World con
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

Yeah, but he didn't have the guts to actually launch it, now, did he?

There were too many targets to choose from, so I froze up in
indecision.

jms

Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:49:15 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: Attn JMS: Just curious...classic He-Man DVDs
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

Given that the show is FINALLY coming to DVD later
this year from BCI Eclipse, would you be interested in contributing to
the DVD sets if you were contacted about it?  I'd love to see an
interview with you included on the DVDs, talking about the show and the

experience of making one of my favorite shows.

I've already been interviewed for the DVDs, on-camera.  Didn't do a
commentary, but did do the interview...and for those who asked later,
yes, I did indeed do the Ram Man song...guaranteed to cause bleeding of
the ears to anyone who hears it, so consider yourselves warned.

jms

Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:47:02 +0000 (UTC)
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

It would be great to be able to meet Joe, but I'm not really into
comics;
I don't know how much interest the rest of the convention would be
have.
And as great as it would be to be able to meet Joe, I don't know if
it's
worth driving 1,400 miles (round trip) and paying however much the
convention fee is, for just that.

I'm with you.  I wouldn't cross the street to meet me.  I've always
found me very over-rated.

jms

Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:45:30 +0000 (UTC)
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

While I have your attention in this thread, do you have any
idea yet what your schedule is like that weekend?  That is, when you're

speaking as opposed to signing?

None at this time.

jms

Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 04:06:32 +0000 (UTC)
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

Guest of Honor: J. Michael Straczynski

'Course, they spelled his name wrong on the Guests page...  :-p

They misspelled J...?

jms

Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 04:03:12 +0000 (UTC)
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

I was surprised that you haven't taken a picture of the
figurines side-by-side, even in their boxes.

They refused to be in the same shot together.

jms

Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 05:00:27 +0000 (UTC)
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

Okay, the first batch has gone up...I think some people's eyes are
gonna melt on one of these.

Just search for the name babylon5auctions to find the stuff.  It's just
four for now, more to follow.

jms

--- MsgPost v1.01
 * Origin: StormGate Aerie.. all alone in the net... (1:102/524)