Möte BIBLE, 3563 texter
Skriven 2005-01-04 10:57:10 av family.bible@family-list.org (8:8/2)
     Kommentar till en text av bible3
Ärende: family.bible: Bible Reading for January 5
From: family.bible@family-list.org(family.bible)
To: bible3@family-bbs.org

From: bible3@fmlynet.org

From: Bob Hoffman
To: All

From: "Bob Hoffman" <bhoffman@fmlynet.org>

CHAPTER 12
Genesis 12:1
1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy
kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
Genesis 12:2
2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy
name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: Genesis 12:3
3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and
in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. Genesis 12:4
4 So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him:
and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran. Genesis
12:5
5 And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their
substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran;
and they went forth  to go  into the land  of Canaan;  and into the land  of
Canaan  they came.
Genesis 12:6
6 And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem, unto the plain of
Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land. Genesis 12:7
7 And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this
land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.
Genesis 12:8
8 And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched
his tent, having Bethel on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he builded
an altar unto the LORD,  and called  upon the name  of the LORD. Genesis 12:9
9 And Abram journeyed, going on still toward the south. Genesis 12:10
10 And there was a famine in the land: and Abram went down into Egypt to
sojourn there; for the famine was grievous in the land. Genesis 12:11
11 And it came to pass, when he was come near to enter into Egypt, that he said
unto Sarai his wife, Behold now, I know that thou art a fair woman to look
upon:
Genesis 12:12
12 Therefore it shall come to pass, when the Egyptians shall see thee, that
they shall say, This is his wife: and they will kill me, but they will save
thee alive.
Genesis 12:13
13 Say, I pray thee, thou art my sister: that it may be well with me for thy
sake; and my soul shall live because of thee. Genesis 12:14
14 And it came to pass, that, when Abram was come into Egypt, the Egyptians
beheld the woman that she was very fair. Genesis 12:15
15 The princes also of Pharaoh saw her, and commended her before Pharaoh: and
the woman was taken into Pharaoh's house. Genesis 12:16
16 And he entreated Abram well for her sake: and he had sheep, and oxen, and he
asses, and menservants, and maidservants, and she asses, and camels. Genesis
12:17
17 And the LORD plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of
Sarai Abram's wife.
Genesis 12:18
18 And Pharaoh called Abram, and said, What is this that thou hast done unto
me? why didst thou not tell me that she was thy wife? Genesis 12:19
19 Why saidst thou, She is my sister? so I might have taken her to me to wife:
now therefore behold thy wife, take her, and go thy way. Genesis 12:20
20 And Pharaoh commanded his men concerning him: and they sent him away, and
his wife, and all that he had.
CHAPTER 13
Genesis 13:1
1 And Abram went up out of Egypt, he, and his wife, and all that he had, and
Lot with him, into the south.
Genesis 13:2
2 And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold. Genesis 13:3
3 And he went on his journeys from the south even to Bethel, unto the place
where his tent had been at the beginning, between Bethel and Hai; Genesis 13:4
4 Unto the place of the altar, which he had made there at the first: and there
Abram called on the name of the LORD. Genesis 13:5
5 And Lot also, which went with Abram, had flocks, and herds, and tents.
Genesis 13:6
6 And the land was not able to bear them, that they might dwell together: for
their substance was great, so that they could not dwell together. Genesis 13:7
7 And there was a strife between the herdmen of Abram's cattle and the herdmen
of Lot's cattle: and the Canaanite and the Perizzite dwelled then in the land.
Genesis 13:8
8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and
thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren. Genesis 13:9
9 Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if
thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to
the right hand, then I will go to the left. Genesis 13:10
10 And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was
well watered every where, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even as
the garden  of the LORD,  like the land  of Egypt,  as thou comest unto Zoar.
Genesis 13:11
11 Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they
separated themselves the one from the other. Genesis 13:12
12 Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelled in the cities of the
plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom. Genesis 13:13
13 But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly.
Genesis 13:14
14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up
now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and
southward, and eastward,  and westward: Genesis 13:15
15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed
for ever.
Genesis 13:16
16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can
number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered. Genesis
13:17
17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it;
for I will give it unto thee.
Genesis 13:18
18 Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which
is in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the LORD. CHAPTER 14
Genesis 14:1
1 And it came to pass in the days of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of
Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of Elam, and Tidal king of nations; Genesis 14:2
2 That these made war with Bera king of Sodom, and with Birsha king of
Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah, and Shemeber  king  of Zeboiim,  and the king
of Bela,  which is  Zoar.
Genesis 14:3
3 All these were joined together in the vale of Siddim, which is the salt sea.
Genesis 14:4
4 Twelve years they served Chedorlaomer, and in the thirteenth year they
rebelled.
Genesis 14:5
5 And in the fourteenth year came Chedorlaomer, and the kings that were with
him, and smote the Rephaims in Ashteroth Karnaim, and the Zuzims in Ham, and
the Emims in Shaveh Kiriathaim,
Genesis 14:6
6 And the Horites in their mount Seir, unto Elparan, which is by the
wilderness.
Genesis 14:7
7 And they returned, and came to Enmishpat, which is Kadesh, and smote all the
country of the Amalekites, and also the Amorites, that dwelt in Hazezontamar.
Genesis 14:8
8 And there went out the king of Sodom, and the king of Gomorrah, and the king
of Admah, and the king of Zeboiim, and the king of Bela (the same is Zoar;)
and they joined  battle  with them in the vale  of Siddim; Genesis 14:9
9 With Chedorlaomer the king of Elam, and with Tidal king of nations, and
Amraphel king of Shinar, and Arioch king of Ellasar; four  kings  with five.
Genesis 14:10
10 And the vale of Siddim was full of slimepits; and the kings of Sodom and
Gomorrah fled, and fell there; and they that remained fled to the mountain.
Genesis 14:11
11 And they took all the goods of Sodom and Gomorrah, and all their victuals,
and went their way.
Genesis 14:12
12 And they took Lot, Abram's brother's son, who dwelt in Sodom, and his goods,
and departed.
Genesis 14:13
13 And there came one that had escaped, and told Abram the Hebrew; for he dwelt
in the plain of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner:  and
these were confederate  with Abram. Genesis 14:14
14 And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his
trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and
pursued them unto Dan.
Genesis 14:15
15 And he divided himself against them, he and his servants, by night, and
smote them, and pursued them unto Hobah, which is on the left hand of Damascus.
Genesis 14:16
16 And he brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother Lot,
and his goods, and the women also, and the people. Genesis 14:17
17 And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the
slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley
of Shaveh, which is the king's  dale. Genesis 14:18
18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the
priest of the most high God.
Genesis 14:19
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God,
possessor of heaven and earth:
Genesis 14:20
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into
thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all. Genesis 14:21
21 And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the
goods to thyself.
Genesis 14:22
22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD,
the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, Genesis 14:23
23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will
not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram
rich:
Genesis 14:24
24 Save only that which the young men have eaten, and the portion of the men
which went with me, Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre; let them take  their portion.
CHAPTER 15
Genesis 15:1
1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying,
Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great  reward. Genesis 15:2
2 And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and
the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus? Genesis 15:3
3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in
my house is mine heir.
Genesis 15:4
4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be
thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine
heir.
Genesis 15:5
5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell
the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy
seed be.
Genesis 15:6
6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
Genesis 15:7
7 And he said unto him, I am the LORD that brought thee out of Ur of the
Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it. Genesis 15:8
8 And he said, Lord GOD, whereby shall I know that I shall inherit it? Genesis
15:9
9 And he said unto him, Take me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of
three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young
pigeon.
Genesis 15:10
10 And he took unto him all these, and divided them in the midst, and laid each
piece one against another: but the birds divided he not. Genesis 15:11
11 And when the fowls came down upon the carcases, Abram drove them away.
Genesis 15:12
12 And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an
horror of great darkness fell upon him. Genesis 15:13
13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger
in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them
four hundred years;
Genesis 15:14
14 And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward
shall they come out with great substance. Genesis 15:15
15 And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good
old age.
Genesis 15:16
16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity
of the Amorites is not yet full. Genesis 15:17
17 And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a
smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.
Genesis 15:18
18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed
have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great  river, the
river  Euphrates:
Genesis 15:19
19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, Genesis 15:20
20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, Genesis 15:21
21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the
Jebusites.

-+- family.bible
Sponsored by FamilyNet International. Support FamilyNet at
http://www.fmlynet.org You can also read via newsgroups at
nntp://nntp.family-bbs.net

--- BBBS/NT v4.01 Flag-5
 # Origin: FamilyNet Sponsored by http://www.christian-wellness.net (8:8/2)