Möte BIBLE, 3563 texter
Skriven 2006-12-05 04:55:32 av Texas (8:8/2)
Ärende: Bible Reading for December 6
====================================
From: "Texas" <texas@familynet-international.org>

CHAPTER 26
Acts 26:1
1 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then
Paul stretched forth  the hand, and answered for himself: Acts 26:2
2 I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this
day before thee touching all the things whereof  I am accused of the Jews: Acts
26:3
3 Especially because I know thee to be expert in all customs and questions
which are among the Jews: wherefore I beseech  thee to hear me patiently. Acts
26:4
4 My manner of life from my youth, which was at the first among mine own nation
at  Jerusalem, know all the Jews; Acts 26:5
5 Which knew me from the beginning, if they would testify, that after the
moststraitest sect of our religion I lived  a Pharisee. Acts 26:6
6 And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto
our fathers:
Acts 26:7
7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night,
hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.
Acts 26:8
8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise
the dead?
Acts 26:9
9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the
name of Jesus of Nazareth.
Acts 26:10
10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in
prison,  having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were
put todeath, I gave my voice against them. Acts 26:11
11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme;
and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange
cities.
Acts 26:12
12 Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief
priests,
Acts 26:13
13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the
brightness ofthe sun, shining round about me and  them which journeyed with me.
Acts 26:14
14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me,
and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is
hard for thee to kick against the pricks. Acts 26:15
15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou
persecutest.
Acts 26:16
16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this
purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou
hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Acts 26:17
17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send
thee,
Acts 26:18
18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the
power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and
inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. Acts 26:19
19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:
Acts 26:20
20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all
the coasts of Judaea, and  then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and
turn to God, and do works meet for repentance. Acts 26:21
21 For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill
me.
Acts 26:22
22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing
both to small  and great, saying none other things than those which theprophets
and Moses did say should come: Acts 26:23
23 That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise
from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.
Acts 26:24
24 And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou
artbeside thyself; much learning doth make  thee mad. Acts 26:25
25 But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth thewords of
truth and soberness.
Acts 26:26
26 For the king knoweth of these things, before whom also I speak freely: for I
am persuaded that  none of these things are hidden from him; for this thing was
not done in a corner.
Acts 26:27
27 King Agrippa, believest thou the prophets? I know that thou believest. Acts
26:28
28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be aChristian.
Acts 26:29
29 And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me
 this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.
Acts 26:30
30 And when he had thus spoken, the king rose up, and the governor, and
Bernice, and they that sat with  them: Acts 26:31
31 And when they were gone aside, they talked between themselves, saying, This
man doeth nothing worthy of death or  of bonds. Acts 26:32
32 Then said Agrippa unto Festus, This man might have been set at liberty, if
he had not appealed unto Caesar. CHAPTER 27
Acts 27:1
1 And when it was determined that we should sail into Italy, they delivered
Paul and certain other prisoners  unto one named Julius, a centurion of
Augustus' band.
Acts 27:2
2 And entering into a ship of Adramyttium, we launched, meaning to sail by
thecoasts of Asia; one Aristarchus, a Macedonian of Thessalonica, being with
us.
Acts 27:3
3 And the next day we touched at Sidon. And Julius courteously entreated Paul,
and gave him liberty to go unto his friends to refresh himself. Acts 27:4
4 And when we had launched from thence, we sailed under Cyprus, because the
winds were contrary.
Acts 27:5
5 And when we had sailed over the sea of Cilicia and Pamphylia, we came to
Myra, a city of Lycia.
Acts 27:6
6 And there the centurion found a ship of Alexandria sailing into Italy; and he
put us therein.
Acts 27:7
7 And when we had sailed slowly many days, and scarce were come over against
Cnidus, the wind not suffering us,  we sailed under Crete, over against
Salmone;
Acts 27:8
8 And, hardly passing it, came unto a place which is called The fair havens;
nigh whereunto  was the city of Lasea. Acts 27:9
9 Now when much time was spent, and when sailing was now dangerous, because the
fast was now  already past, Paul admonished them, Acts 27:10
10 And said unto them, Sirs, I perceive that this voyage will be with hurt and
much damage, not  only of the lading and ship, but also of our lives. Acts
27:11
11 Nevertheless the centurion believed the master and the owner of the ship,
more than those things which were spoken by Paul. Acts 27:12
12 And because the haven was not commodious to winter in, the more part advised
to depart thence also, if by any means  they might attain to Phenice, andthere
to winter; which is an haven of Crete, and lieth toward the south west and
north west.
Acts 27:13
13 And when the south wind blew softly, supposing that they had obtained their
purpose, loosing thence, they sailed close by Crete. Acts 27:14
14 But not long after there arose against it a tempestuous wind, called
Euroclydon.
Acts 27:15
15 And when the ship was caught, and could not bear up into the wind, we let
herdrive.
Acts 27:16
16 And running under a certain island which is called Clauda, we had much work
to come by the boat:
Acts 27:17
17 Which when they had taken up, they used helps, undergirding the ship; and,
fearing lest they should fall into the quicksands, strake  sail, and so were
driven.
Acts 27:18
18 And we being exceedingly tossed with a tempest, the next day they lightened
the ship;
Acts 27:19
19 And the third day we cast out with our own hands the tackling of the ship.
Acts 27:20
20 And when neither sun nor stars in many days appeared, and no small tempest
lay on us, all hope that we should be saved was then taken away. Acts 27:21
21 But after long abstinence Paul stood forth in the midst of them, and said,
Sirs, ye should have hearkened  unto me, and not have loosed from Crete, and to
have gained this harm and loss. Acts 27:22
22 And now I exhort you to be of good cheer: for there shall be no loss ofany
man's life among you, but of the ship. Acts 27:23
23 For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I
serve,
Acts 27:24
24 Saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God
hath given thee  all them that sail with thee. Acts 27:25
25 Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even
as it was told me.
Acts 27:26
26 Howbeit we must be cast upon a certain island. Acts 27:27
27 But when the fourteenth night was come, as we were driven up and down in
Adria, about midnight the shipmen deemed  that they drew near to some country;
Acts 27:28
28 And sounded, and found it twenty fathoms: and when they had gone a little
further, they sounded again, and found it fifteen fathoms. Acts 27:29
29 Then fearing lest we should have fallen upon rocks, they cast four anchors
out of the stern, and wished for the day. Acts 27:30
30 And as the shipmen were about to flee out of the ship, when they had let
down theboat into the sea, under colour as though  they would have cast anchors
out of the foreship,
Acts 27:31
31 Paul said to the centurion and to the soldiers, Except these abide in the
ship, ye cannot be saved.
Acts 27:32
32 Then the soldiers cut off the ropes of the boat, and let her fall off. Acts
27:33
33 And while the day was coming on, Paul besought them all to take meat,
saying, This day is the fourteenth day that ye have tarried and continued
fasting, having taken nothing.
Acts 27:34
34 Wherefore I pray you to take some meat: for this is for your health: for
there shall not an hair fall from the head of any of you. Acts 27:35
35 And when he had thus spoken, he took bread, and gave thanks to God in
presence of them all: and when he had broken it, he began to eat. Acts 27:36
36 Then were they all of good cheer, and they also took some meat. Acts 27:37
37 And we were in all in the ship two hundred threescore and sixteen souls.
Acts 27:38
38 And when they had eaten enough, they lightened the ship, and cast out the
wheat into the sea.
Acts 27:39
39 And when it was day, they knew not the land: but they discovered a certain
creek with a shore,  into the which they were minded, if it were possible, to
thrust in the ship.
Acts 27:40
40 And when they had taken up the anchors, they committed themselves unto the
sea, and loosed the rudder bands, and hoised up the mainsail to the wind, and
made toward shore.
Acts 27:41
41 And falling into a place where two seas met, they ran the ship aground; and
theforepart stuck fast, and remained unmoveable,  but the hinder part was
broken with the violence of the waves. Acts 27:42
42 And the soldiers' counsel was to kill the prisoners, lest any of them should
swim out, and escape.
Acts 27:43
43 But the centurion, willing to save Paul, kept them from their purpose; and
commanded that they which could swim should cast themselves first into the sea,
and get to land:
Acts 27:44
44 And the rest, some on boards, and some on broken pieces of the ship. And so
it came to pass, that they escaped all safe to land. CHAPTER 28
Acts 28:1
1 And when they were escaped, then they knew that the island was called Melita.
Acts 28:2
2 And the barbarous people shewed us no little kindness: for they kindled a
fire, and received us every one,  because of the present rain, and because of
the cold.
Acts 28:3
3 And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire,
therecame a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand. Acts 28:4
4 And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, theysaid
among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped
the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live. Acts 28:5
5 And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm. Acts 28:6
6 Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead
suddenly: but after they had looked a great while,  and saw no harm come to
him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god. Acts 28:7
7 In the same quarters were possessions of the chief man of the island, whose
name was Publius; who received us,  and lodged us three days courteously.
Acts 28:8
8 And it came to pass, that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and of a
bloodyflux: to whom Paul entered in,  and prayed, and laid his hands on him,
and healed him.
Acts 28:9
9 So when this was done, others also, which had diseases in theisland, came,
and  were healed:
Acts 28:10
10 Who also honoured us with many honours; and when we departed, they laded us
with such things as were necessary. Acts 28:11
11 And after three months we departed in a ship of Alexandria, which had
wintered in the isle, whose sign was Castor and Pollux. Acts 28:12
12 And landing at Syracuse, we tarried there three days. Acts 28:13
13 And from thence we fetched a compass, and came to Rhegium: and after one day
the south wind blew, and we came the next day  to Puteoli: Acts 28:14
14 Where we found brethren, and were desired to tarry with them seven days: and
so we went toward  Rome.
Acts 28:15
15 And from thence, when the brethren heard of us, they came to meet us as far
as Appii forum, and The three  taverns: whom when Paul saw, he thanked God, and
took courage.
Acts 28:16
16 And when we came to Rome, the centurion delivered the prisoners to the
captain ofthe guard: but Paul was suffered to dwell  by himself with a soldier
that kept him.
Acts 28:17
17 And it came to pass, that after three days Paul called the chief of the Jews
together: and when they were come together,  he said unto them, Men
andbrethren, though I have committed nothing against the people, or customs of
our fathers, yet was Idelivered prisoner from Jerusalem into the hands of the
Romans.
Acts 28:18
18 Who, when they had examined me, would have let me go, because there was no
cause of death in me.
Acts 28:19
19 But when the Jews spake against it, I was constrained to appeal unto Caesar;
not that I had ought to accuse my nation of. Acts 28:20
20 For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak
with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain. Acts
28:21
21 And they said unto him, We neither received letters out of Judaea concerning
thee, neither  any of the brethren that came shewed or spake any harm of thee.
Acts 28:22
22 But we desire to hear of thee what thou thinkest: for as concerning this
sect, we know  that every where it is spoken against. Acts 28:23
23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into
hislodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading
them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets,
from morning till evening. Acts 28:24
24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not. Acts
28:25
25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul
had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost  by Esaias the prophet unto our
fathers,
Acts 28:26
26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not
understand;  and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: Acts 28:27
27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of
hearing, and their eyes have they closed;  lest they should see with their
eyes, and hear with theirears, and understand with their heart, and should be
converted, and I should heal them. Acts 28:28
28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the
Gentiles, and that they will hear it. Acts 28:29
29 And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning
among themselves.
Acts 28:30
30 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that
came in  unto him,
Acts 28:31
31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the
Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

--- BBBS/NT v4.01 Flag-5
 # Origin: FamilyNet Sponsored by http://www.christian-wellness.net (8:8/2)
 * Origin: BBS Networks @ www.bbsnets.com 808-839-6036 (1:10/345)