Möte BIBLE, 3563 texter
Skriven 2008-10-14 08:53:20 av Familynet (8:8/2)
Ärende: Bible Reading for October 15
====================================
From: "Familynet" <friends@familynet-international.org>

The Gospel According to Matthew
CHAPTER 1
Matthew 1:1
1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of
Abraham.
Matthew 1:2
2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his
brethren;
Matthew 1:3
3 And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom
begat Aram;
Matthew 1:4
4 And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat
Salmon;
Matthew 1:5
5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and  Obed begat
Jesse;
Matthew 1:6
6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that
had been the wife of Urias;
Matthew 1:7
7 And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa; Matthew
1:8
8 And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;
Matthew 1:9
9 And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;
Matthew 1:10
10 And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;
Matthew 1:11
11 And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were
carried away to Babylon:
Matthew 1:12
12 And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and
Salathiel begat Zorobabel;
Matthew 1:13
13 And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;
Matthew 1:14
14 And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud; Matthew
1:15
15 And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;
Matthew 1:16
16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is
called Christ.
Matthew 1:17
17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and
from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and
from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.
Matthew 1:18
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was
espoused to Joseph, before  they came together, she was found with child of the
Holy Ghost.
Matthew 1:19
19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a
publick example, was minded to put her away privily. Matthew 1:20
20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared
unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph,  thou son of David, fear not to take unto
thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
Matthew 1:21
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he
shall save his people  from their sins. Matthew 1:22
22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the
Lord by the prophet, saying,
Matthew 1:23
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they
shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted  is, God with us. Matthew
1:24
24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden
him, and took  unto him his wife: Matthew 1:25
25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called
his name  JESUS.
CHAPTER 2
Matthew 2:1
1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king,
behold, there came wise men  from the east to Jerusalem, Matthew 2:2
2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star
in the east, and  are come to worship him. Matthew 2:3
3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all
Jerusalem with him.
Matthew 2:4
4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people
together, he demanded of them where Christ  should be born. Matthew 2:5
5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the
prophet,
Matthew 2:6
6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes
of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people
Israel.
Matthew 2:7
7 Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them
diligently what time the star appeared. Matthew 2:8
8 And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the
young child; and when  ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come
and worship him also.
Matthew 2:9
9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they
saw in the east, went before them,  till it came and stood over where the young
child was.
Matthew 2:10
10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. Matthew 2:11
11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary
his mother, and fell down, and worshipped  him: and when they had opened their
treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
Matthew 2:12
12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod,
they departed into their own country  another way. Matthew 2:13
13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to
Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take  the young child and his mother, and
flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek
the young child to destroy him. Matthew 2:14
14 When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed
into Egypt:
Matthew 2:15
15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was
spoken of the Lord by  the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.
Matthew 2:16
16 Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding
wroth, and sent forth, and slew all  the children that were in Bethlehem, and
in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time
which he had diligently enquired of the wise men. Matthew 2:17
17 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying,
Matthew 2:18
18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great
mourning, Rachel weeping  for her children, and would not be comforted, because
they are not.
Matthew 2:19
19 But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream
to Joseph in Egypt,
Matthew 2:20
20 Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land
of Israel: for  they are dead which sought the young child's life. Matthew 2:21
21 And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the
land of Israel.
Matthew 2:22
22 But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judaea in the room of his
father Herod, he was afraid to go  thither: notwithstanding, being warned of
God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee: Matthew 2:23
23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled
which was spoken by the prophets,  He shall be called a Nazarene. CHAPTER 3
Matthew 3:1
1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
Matthew 3:2
2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Matthew 3:3
3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of
one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye  the way of the Lord, make his paths
straight.
Matthew 3:4
4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle
about  his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey. Matthew 3:5
5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round
about Jordan,
Matthew 3:6
6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins. Matthew 3:7
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he
said unto them, O generation  of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the
wrath to come?
Matthew 3:8
8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: Matthew 3:9
9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I
say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto
Abraham.
Matthew 3:10
10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every
tree which bringeth not  forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Matthew 3:11
11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me
is  mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you
with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: Matthew 3:12
12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather
his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable
fire.
Matthew 3:13
13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
Matthew 3:14
14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest
thou  to me?
Matthew 3:15
15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it
becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. Matthew 3:16
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and,
lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and  he saw the Spirit of God descending
like a dove, and lighting upon him: Matthew 3:17
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom  I am
well pleased.
CHAPTER 4
Matthew 4:1
1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the
devil.
Matthew 4:2
2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an
hungred.
Matthew 4:3
3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command
that these stones  be made bread. Matthew 4:4
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Matthew 4:5
5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a
pinnacle  of the temple,
Matthew 4:6
6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is
written, He shall give  his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands
they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Matthew 4:7
7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy
God.
Matthew 4:8
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth
him all  the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; Matthew 4:9
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down
and worship me.
Matthew 4:10
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou
shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Matthew 4:11
11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto
him.
Matthew 4:12
12 Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into
Galilee;
Matthew 4:13
13 And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea
coast, in the borders of Zabulon and  Nephthalim: Matthew 4:14
14 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
Matthew 4:15
15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea,
beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles; Matthew 4:16
16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in
the region  and shadow of death light is sprung up. Matthew 4:17
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of
heaven is at hand.
Matthew 4:18
18 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called
Peter, and  Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were
fishers.
Matthew 4:19
19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:20
20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him. Matthew 4:21
21 And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of
Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending
their nets; and he called them.
Matthew 4:22
22 And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.
Matthew 4:23
23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and
preaching the gospel of the kingdom,  and healing all manner of sickness and
all manner of disease among the people. Matthew 4:24
24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick
people  that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were
possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the
palsy; and he healed them. Matthew 4:25
25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from
Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

-+-

http://www.familynet-international.org - Family resource center

http://www.family-bible.us - Free Bible correspondence courses via US Mail

http://www.family-petz.com - Animals Pets and Vets Web Portal