Möte BIBLE, 3563 texter
Skriven 2008-11-13 10:32:12 av Friends (8:8/2003)
Ärende: Bible Reading for November 14
=====================================
From: "Friends" <friends@familynet-international.org>

CHAPTER 13
Acts 13:1-3
1 Now there were at Antioch, in the church that was there, prophets and
teachers, Barnabas, and Symeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and
Manaen the foster-brother of Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 2 And as they
ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, Separate me Barnabas
and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. 3 Then, when they had
fasted and prayed and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.
Acts 13:4-13
4 So they, being sent forth by the Holy Spirit, went down to Seleucia; and from
thence they sailed to Cyprus. 5 And when they were at Salamis, they proclaimed
the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews: and they had also John as their
attendant. 6 And when they had gone through the whole island unto Paphos, they
found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Bar-jesus; 7
who was with the proconsul, Sergius Paulus, a man of understanding. The same
called unto him Barnabas and Saul, and sought to hear the word of God. 8 But
Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them,
seeking to turn aside the proconsul from the faith. 9 But Saul, who is also
called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, fastened his eyes on him, 10 and
said, O full of all guile and all villany, thou son of the devil, thou enemy of
all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?
11 And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind,
not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a
darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand. 12 Then the
proconsul, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the
teaching of the Lord. 13 Now Paul and his company set sail from Paphos, and
came to Perga in Pamphylia: and John departed from them and returned to
Jerusalem. Acts 13:14-41
14 But they, passing through from Perga, came to Antioch of Pisidia; and they
went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. 15 And after the
reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them,
saying, Brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on. 16
And Paul stood up, and beckoning with the hand said, Men of Israel, and ye that
fear God, hearken: 17 The God of this people Israel chose our fathers, and
exalted the people when they sojourned in the land of Egypt, and with a high
arm led he them forth out of it. 18 And for about the time of forty years as a
nursing-father bare he them in the wilderness. 19 And when he had destroyed
seven nations in the land of Canaan, he gave them their land for an
inheritance, for about four hundred and fifty years: 20 and after these things
he gave them judges until Samuel the prophet. 21 And afterward they asked for a
king: and God gave unto them Saul the son of Kish, a man of the tribe of
Benjamin, for the space of forty years. 22 And when he had removed him, he
raised up David to be their king; to whom also he bare witness and said, I have
found David the son of Jesse, a man after My heart, who shall do all My will.
23 Of this man's seed hath God according to promise brought unto Israel a
Saviour, Jesus; 24 when John had first preached before his coming the baptism
of repentance to all the people of Israel. 25 And as John was fulfilling his
course, he said, What suppose ye that I am? I am not he. But behold, there
cometh one after me the shoes of whose feet I am not worthy to unloose. 26
Brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and those among you that fear God,
to us is the word of this salvation sent forth. 27 For they that dwell in
Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor the voices of the
prophets which are read every sabbath, fulfilled them by condemning him. 28 And
though they found no cause of death in him, yet asked they of Pilate that he
should be slain. 29 And when they had fulfilled all things that were written of
him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a tomb. 30 But God
raised him from the dead: 31 and he was seen for many days of them that came up
with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are now his witnesses unto the people.
32 And we bring you good tidings of the promise made unto the fathers, 33 that
God hath fulfilled the same unto our children, in that he raised up Jesus; as
also it is written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I
begotten thee. 34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no
more to return to corruption, he hath spoken on this wise, I will give you the
holy and sure blessings of David. 35 Because he saith also in another psalm,
Thou wilt not give Thy Holy One to see corruption. 36 For David, after he had
in his own generation served the counsel of God, fell asleep, and was laid unto
his fathers, and saw corruption: 37 but he whom God raised up saw no
corruption. 38 Be it known unto you therefore, brethren, that through this man
is proclaimed unto you remission of sins: 39 and by him every one that
believeth is justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by
the law of Moses. 40 Beware therefore, lest that come upon you which is spoken
in the prophets: 41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish; For I work a
work in your days, A work which ye shall in no wise believe, if one declare it
unto you. Acts 13:42-52
42 And as they went out, they besought that these words might be spoken to them
the next sabbath. 43 Now when the synagogue broke up, many of the Jews and of
the devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas; who, speaking to them, urged
them to continue in the grace of God. 44 And the next sabbath almost the whole
city was gathered together to hear the word of God. 45 But when the Jews saw
the multitudes, they were filled with jealousy, and contradicted the things
which were spoken by Paul, and blasphemed. 46 And Paul and Barnabas spake out
boldly, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first be spoken
to you. Seeing ye thrust it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal
life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. 47 For so hath the Lord commanded us,
saying, I have set thee for a light of the Gentiles, That thou shouldest be for
salvation unto the uttermost part of the earth. 48 And as the Gentiles heard
this, they were glad, and glorified the word of God: and as many as were
ordained to eternal life believed. 49 And the word of the Lord was spread
abroad throughout all the region. 50 But the Jews urged on the devout women of
honorable estate, and the chief men of the city, and stirred up a persecution
against Paul and Barnabas, and cast them out of their borders. 51 But they
shook off the dust of their feet against them, and came unto Iconium. 52 And
the disciples were filled with joy with the Holy Spirit. CHAPTER 14
Acts 14:1-7
1 And it came to pass in Iconium that they entered together into the synagogue
of the Jews, and so spake that a great multitude both of Jews and of Greeks
believed. 2 But the Jews that were disobedient stirred up the souls of the
Gentiles, and made them evil affected against the brethren. 3 Long time
therefore they tarried there speaking boldly in the Lord, who bare witness unto
the word of his grace, granting signs and wonders to be done by their hands. 4
But the multitude of the city was divided; and part held with the Jews, and
part with the apostles. 5 And when there was made an onset both of the Gentiles
and of the Jews with their rulers, to treat them shamefully and to stone them,
6 they became aware of it, and fled unto the cities of Lycaonia, Lystra and
Derbe, and the region round about: 7 and there they preached the gospel.
Acts 14:8-18
8 And at Lystra there sat a certain man, impotent in his feet, a cripple from
his mother's womb, who never had walked. 9 The same heard Paul speaking, who,
fastening eyes upon him, and seeing that he had faith to be made whole, 10 said
with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped up and walked. 11
And when the multitude saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voice,
saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness
of men. 12 And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercury, because he was
the chief speaker. 13 And the priest of Jupiter whose temple was before the
city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice
with the multitudes. 14 But when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of it,
they rent their garments, and sprang forth among the multitude, crying out 15
and saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with
you, and bring you good tidings, that ye should turn from these vain things
unto a living God, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and all that
in them is: 16 who in the generations gone by suffered all the nations to walk
in their own ways. 17 And yet He left not himself without witness, in that he
did good and gave you from heaven rains and fruitful seasons, filling your
hearts with food and gladness. 18 And with these sayings scarce restrained they
the multitudes from doing sacrifice unto them. Acts 14:19-28
19 But there came Jews thither from Antioch and Iconium: and having persuaded
the multitudes, they stoned Paul, and dragged him out of the city, supposing
that he was dead. 20 But as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up,
and entered into the city: and on the morrow he went forth with Barnabas to
Derbe. 21 And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had made many
disciples, they returned to Lystra, and to Iconium, and to Antioch, 22
confirming the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith,
and that through many tribulations we must enter into the kingdom of God. 23
And when they had appointed for them elders in every church, and had prayed
with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they had believed. 24
And they passed through Pisidia, and came to Pamphylia. 25 And when they had
spoken the word in Perga, they went down to Attalia; 26 and thence they sailed
to Antioch, from whence they had been committed to the grace of God for the
work which they had fulfilled. 27 And when they were come, and had gathered the
church together, they rehearsed all things that God had done with them, and
that he had opened a door of faith unto the Gentiles. 28 And they tarried no
little time with the disciples.

-+-

http://www.family-petz.com - Animals Pets and Vets Web Portal

http://www.family-webrings.com - Family Rated Webring with Free Webring Hosting

http://www.dallas-calendar.org - Dallas Fort Worth Event Calendar

http://www.galactic-family.com - Do you have a Galactic Family? Come on down
and link them up!

--- BBBS/NT v4.01 Flag-5
 # Origin: http://www.familynet-international.net (972)-496-0650 (8:8/2003)
 # Origin: FamilyNet Echogate [972] 496-0650 (1:124/5009)
 * Origin: Derby City LiveWire - telnet://derbycitybbs.com (1:2320/100)