Möte BIBLE, 3563 texter
Skriven 2009-04-16 01:05:00 av Bible_Conference_Moderator (8:8/2)
Ärende: Bible Conference Rules (Part 1)
=======================================
                Bible Conference Guidelines (06/20/93)

          Read ENTIRE message BEFORE entering messages here!

The  International  Bible  Conference  is  a  Ministry of:
          Harvester Baptist Church in Columbia Maryland.
                       P.O. Box 931
                  Columbia, MD. 21044-0931
                      (301) 997-4992
                  Dr. Ed Simpson, Pastor

HBC  is  a  Fundamental Independent Bible Believing Baptist Church. We are  not
 part  of  any  conference  or  organized  religion.  HBC  is Independent and
Autonomous.

The  Following  is  a  statement of Faith of Harvester Baptist Church. This  is
also the 'OFFICIAL' doctrinal statement for the International Bible
Conference,  Area  name:  BIBLE. The following doctrines may be discussed,
but,  you  will  be  asked  to leave the conference if you choose to attack
these doctrines, or those that believe them:

                       Statement of faith.

                       Sec. A. Scriptures.

The  Bible  includes  both the Old and New Testaments (66 books total) which
in the original writings is the inerrant, infallible and verbal plenary
inspired  Word of God. The Scriptures are the final authority in all matters of
faith and practice.
                 (II Tim. 3:16 II Pet. 1:20 & 21)

                          Sec. B. God.

There  is only one true and living God eternally existing as a trinity in
unity:  God  the  Father,  God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit -- three
persons but yet still one God.
               (Deut. 6:4; Mt. 28:19; I Cor. 8:6)

                      Sec. C. Jesus Christ

Jesus  Christ  is eternal and God. He became truly man while remaining truly
God  through  His virgin birth as conceived by the Holy Spirit. After  living a
sinless life, He died on the cross for the sins of the world,  shedding His
perfect blood for our atonement. On the third day of  being  in  the tomb, He
was bodily resurrected from the grave, and forty (40) days later ascended back
to Heaven.
   (John 1:1 & 2, 10:30, 1:14; Isa. 7:14; Mt. 1:20-23; II Cor 5:21;
                 I Cor. 15:3 & 4; Acts 1:4-9)

                      Sec. D. Holy Spirit,

The  Holy  Spirit  is  God  and indwells each believer. He convicts of sin,
regenerates  the  sinner,  and  seals the saint. The evidence of being   filled
  with  the  Spirit  is  not  an  emotional,  so-called
charismatic experience but a Christ-like life.
      (I Cor.6:19 & 20; Rom. 8:9; Jn. 16:8, 3:5 & 6; Eph. 4:30;
                      I Jn. 1:6 & 7)

                        Sec. E. Satan.

Satan  is  a  real  being  who  is  he  father of lies and god of this present
world. All unbelievers are under his sway. He is in rebellion against God and
at war with all Christians.
                 (Jn. 8:44; Eph. 6:10-18)

                       Sec. F. Creation.

God  created  the  world  and  all  that  is in it in six (6) literal,
twenty-four  (24)  hour  periods  as  recorded  in  Genesis. Evolution cannot
be reconciled with the Scriptures.
                       (Gen. 1-3)

                     Sec. G. Fall of Man.

Man  deliberately chose to rebel against God through his fall in Eden. Everyone
 is  born  a  sinner  and  is a sinner by choice. All deserve condemnation
because of sin.
           (Gen. 3; Ps. 51:5; Rom. 3:10, 23, 6:23)

                   Sec. H. Heaven and Hell.

Heaven  is a literal place, containing literal and eternal rewards for truly
born-again  believers. Hell is also a literal place, containing literal   fire
 with   everlasting   conscious   punishment  for  all
unbelievers.
         (Jn. 14:1 & 2, 3:16; Mt. 25:46; Lk. 16:19-31)

                      Sec. I. Salvation.

The  only  way  man  can gain eternal life is by repenting of his sins and
asking  Christ, in faith, to forgive him of and save him from his sins  thus
giving him eternal life. Works do not enter into receiving eternal  life  as
it is a gift. Once a person receives Christ, he has everlasting,  never  ending
 assurance  of  forgiveness  of  sins  and Heaven.
      ( Acts 2:38; Rom. 10 10-13; Eph. 2:8 & 9; I Jn. 5:13)

                      Sec. J. Local Church

The  local church is a group of baptized believers uniting together to serve
Christ through fulfilling the Great Commission. Therefore, they strive  to  win
 the  lost,  see them baptized, and then come into the church  to  learn  more
and become involved in service. The church has two  ordinances  given  by
Christ  to  be  practiced. Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
                  (Mt. 28:19 & 20; Acts 2:41-47)

                          P-1. Baptism.

Baptism  is  the  symbol  of  the  death,  burial, and resurrection of Christ
and is an open testimony of the believer's saving faith in the sacrifice  of
Christ.  The  only  Scriptural  mode  of  baptism is by immersion.
                           (Rom. 6:3-5)

                      P-2. The Lord's Supper.

The  Lord's  Supper is a memorial to the death of Christ for our sins. The
bread  only  symbolizes  the  broken  body of Christ as the grape juice only
symbolizes the shed blood of our Saviour.
                         (I Cor. 11:23-34)

                 Sec. K. Second Coming of Christ.

  Christ  has  not  only  returned to Heaven but will bodily return to
rapture  out  all  believers living and dead. This coming is imminent; and
will be a premillenial, pretribulational, personal meeting in the air.
           (Acts 1:11; I Cor. 15:51-54; I Thes. 4:14-18)

                       Sec. L. Modern Trends.

  The  believer  must adamantly defend the Word of God. Any compromise
movement  (such  as  neo-orthodoxy  which  has believers attempting to
fellowship  with  unbelievers  in  doing the Lord's work) or doctrines (such as
the charismatic teachings) must be rejected and exposed.
                      (Jude, I Tim. 6:12)

                      http://www.fmlynet.org

 This conference is available via listserver:
 bob.hoffman@fmlynet.org

 in body of message: connect family.bible

 You can participate in this conference at our home BBS at:

                    (972) 496-0650 - V.34 33.6kbs

                 telnet://www.family-bbs.net
                 http://www.family-bbs.net
                 nttp://www.family-bbs.net