Möte BIBLE, 3563 texter
Skriven 2009-08-17 09:58:26 av FamilyNet (8:8/2)
Ärende: Bible Reading for August 17
===================================
From: "FamilyNet" <freinds@familynet-international.org>

CHAPTER 40
Jeremiah 40:1
1 The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, after that Nebuzaradan the
captain of the guard had let him go from Ramah, when he had taken him being
bound in chains among  all that were carried away captive  of Jerusalem  and
Judah,  which were carried away captive  unto Babylon. Jeremiah 40:2
2 And the captain of the guard took Jeremiah, and said unto him, The LORD thy
God hath pronounced this evil upon this place. Jeremiah 40:3
3 Now the LORD hath brought it, and done according as he hath said: because ye
have sinned against the LORD, and have not obeyed his voice, therefore this
thing is come upon you.
Jeremiah 40:4
4 And now, behold, I loose thee this day from the chains which were upon thine
hand. If it seem good unto thee to come with me into Babylon, come; and I will
look well unto thee: but if it seem ill unto thee to come with me into Babylon,
forbear:  behold,  all the land  is before  thee: whither it seemeth  good  and
convenient  for thee to go,  thither go. Jeremiah 40:5
5 Now while he was not yet gone back, he said, Go back also to Gedaliah the son
of Ahikam the son of Shaphan, whom the king of Babylon hath made governor over
the cities of Judah, and dwell  with him among  the people: or go  wheresoever
it seemeth convenient  unto thee to go.  So the captain of the guard  gave  him
victuals  and a reward,  and let him go. Jeremiah 40:6
6 Then went Jeremiah unto Gedaliah the son of Ahikam to Mizpah; and dwelt with
him among the people that were left in the land. Jeremiah 40:7
7 Now when all the captains of the forces which were in the fields, even they
and their men, heard that the king of Babylon had made Gedaliah the son of
Ahikam governor in the land, and had committed  unto him men,  and women, and
children,  and of the poor  of the land,  of them that were not carried away
captive  to Babylon;
Jeremiah 40:8
8 Then they came to Gedaliah to Mizpah, even Ishmael the son of Nethaniah, and
Johanan and Jonathan the sons of Kareah, and Seraiah the son of Tanhumeth,  and
the sons  of Ephai  the Netophathite,  and Jezaniah  the son of a Maachathite,
they and their men. Jeremiah 40:9
9 And Gedaliah the son of Ahikam the son of Shaphan sware unto them and to
their men, saying, Fear not to serve the Chaldeans: dwell in the land,  and
serve  the king  of Babylon,  and it shall be well  with you. Jeremiah 40:10
10 As for me, behold, I will dwell at Mizpah to serve the Chaldeans, which will
come unto us: but ye, gather ye wine, and summer fruits, and oil, and put them
in your vessels, and dwell in your cities  that ye have taken. Jeremiah 40:11
11 Likewise when all the Jews that were in Moab, and among the Ammonites, and
in Edom, and that were in all the countries, heard that the king of Babylon had
left a remnant of Judah, and that he had set over them Gedaliah the son  of
Ahikam  the son  of Shaphan; Jeremiah 40:12
12 Even all the Jews returned out of all places whither they were driven, and
came to the land of Judah, to Gedaliah, unto Mizpah, and gathered wine and
summer fruits very  much.
Jeremiah 40:13
13 Moreover Johanan the son of Kareah, and all the captains of the forces that
were in the fields, came to Gedaliah to Mizpah, Jeremiah 40:14
14 And said unto him, Dost thou certainly know that Baalis the king of the
Ammonites hath sent Ishmael the son of Nethaniah to slay thee? But Gedaliah the
son  of Ahikam  believed  them not. Jeremiah 40:15
15 Then Johanan the son of Kareah spake to Gedaliah in Mizpah secretly, saying,
Let me go, I pray thee, and I will slay Ishmael the son of Nethaniah,  and no
man  shall know  it: wherefore should he slay  thee, that all the Jews  which
are gathered  unto thee should be scattered,  and the remnant  in Judah
perish?
Jeremiah 40:16
16 But Gedaliah the son of Ahikam said unto Johanan the son of Kareah, Thou
shalt not do this thing: for thou speakest falsely of Ishmael. CHAPTER 41
Jeremiah 41:1
1 Now it came to pass in the seventh month, that Ishmael the son of Nethaniah
the son of Elishama, of the seed royal, and the princes of the king, even ten
men  with him, came  unto Gedaliah  the son  of Ahikam  to Mizpah;  and there
they did eat  bread  together  in Mizpah. Jeremiah 41:2
2 Then arose Ishmael the son of Nethaniah, and the ten men that were with him,
and smote Gedaliah the son of Ahikam the son of Shaphan with the sword, and
slew  him, whom the king  of Babylon  had made governor  over the land.
Jeremiah 41:3
3 Ishmael also slew all the Jews that were with him, even with Gedaliah, at
Mizpah, and the Chaldeans that were found there, and the men of war. Jeremiah
41:4
4 And it came to pass the second day after he had slain Gedaliah, and no man
knew it,
Jeremiah 41:5
5 That there came certain from Shechem, from Shiloh, and from Samaria, even
fourscore men, having their beards shaven, and their clothes rent, and having
cut themselves, with offerings  and incense  in their hand,  to bring them to
the house  of the LORD.
Jeremiah 41:6
6 And Ishmael the son of Nethaniah went forth from Mizpah to meet them, weeping
all along as he went: and it came to pass, as he met them, he said unto them,
Come to Gedaliah  the son  of Ahikam. Jeremiah 41:7
7 And it was so, when they came into the midst of the city, that Ishmael the
son of Nethaniah slew them, and cast them into the midst of the pit, he, and
the men that were with him.
Jeremiah 41:8
8 But ten men were found among them that said unto Ishmael, Slay us not: for we
have treasures in the field, of wheat, and of barley, and of oil, and of honey.
 So he forbare,  and slew  them not among  their brethren. Jeremiah 41:9
9 Now the pit wherein Ishmael had cast all the dead bodies of the men, whom he
had slain because of Gedaliah, was it which Asa the king had made for fear of
Baasha  king  of Israel:  and Ishmael  the son  of Nethaniah  filled it with
them that were slain.
Jeremiah 41:10
10 Then Ishmael carried away captive all the residue of the people that were in
Mizpah, even the king's daughters, and all the people that remained in Mizpah,
whom Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard  had committed  to Gedaliah  the son
of Ahikam:  and Ishmael  the son  of Nethaniah  carried them away captive,  and
departed  to go over  to the Ammonites. Jeremiah 41:11
11 But when Johanan the son of Kareah, and all the captains of the forces that
were with him, heard of all the evil that Ishmael the son of Nethaniah had
done,
Jeremiah 41:12
12 Then they took all the men, and went to fight with Ishmael the son of
Nethaniah, and found him by the great waters that are in Gibeon. Jeremiah 41:13
13 Now it came to pass, that when all the people which were with Ishmael saw
Johanan the son of Kareah, and all the captains of the forces that were with
him, then they were glad.
Jeremiah 41:14
14 So all the people that Ishmael had carried away captive from Mizpah cast
about and returned, and went unto Johanan the son of Kareah. Jeremiah 41:15
15 But Ishmael the son of Nethaniah escaped from Johanan with eight men, and
went to the Ammonites.
Jeremiah 41:16
16 Then took Johanan the son of Kareah, and all the captains of the forces that
were with him, all the remnant of the people whom he had recovered from Ishmael
the son of Nethaniah, from Mizpah,  after  that he had slain Gedaliah  the son
of Ahikam,  even mighty  men  of war,  and the women, and the children,  and
the eunuchs,  whom he had brought again  from Gibeon: Jeremiah 41:17
17 And they departed, and dwelt in the habitation of Chimham, which is by
Bethlehem, to go to enter into Egypt, Jeremiah 41:18
18 Because of the Chaldeans: for they were afraid of them, because Ishmael the
son of Nethaniah had slain Gedaliah the son of Ahikam, whom the king of Babylon
made governor  in the land. CHAPTER 42
Jeremiah 42:1
1 Then all the captains of the forces, and Johanan the son of Kareah, and
Jezaniah the son of Hoshaiah, and all the people from the least even unto the
greatest, came near,
Jeremiah 42:2
2 And said unto Jeremiah the prophet, Let, we beseech thee, our supplication be
accepted before thee, and pray for us unto the LORD thy God, even for all this
remnant; (for we are left but a few of many,  as thine eyes  do behold us:)
Jeremiah 42:3
3 That the LORD thy God may shew us the way wherein we may walk, and the thing
that we may do.
Jeremiah 42:4
4 Then Jeremiah the prophet said unto them, I have heard you; behold, I will
pray unto the LORD your God according to your words; and it shall come to pass,
that whatsoever thing the LORD shall answer you, I will declare it unto you; I
will keep  nothing  back  from you. Jeremiah 42:5
5 Then they said to Jeremiah, The LORD be a true and faithful witness between
us, if we do not even according to all things for the which the LORD thy God
shall send thee to us.
Jeremiah 42:6
6 Whether it be good, or whether it be evil, we will obey the voice of the LORD
our God, to whom we send thee; that it may be well with us, when we obey the
voice of the LORD our God. Jeremiah 42:7
7 And it came to pass after ten days, that the word of the LORD came unto
Jeremiah.
Jeremiah 42:8
8 Then called he Johanan the son of Kareah, and all the captains of the forces
which were with him, and all the people from the least even to the greatest,
Jeremiah 42:9
9 And said unto them, Thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel, unto whom ye sent
me to present your supplication before him; Jeremiah 42:10
10 If ye will still abide in this land, then will I build you, and not pull you
down, and I will plant you, and not pluck you up: for I repent me of the evil
that I have done unto you.
Jeremiah 42:11
11 Be not afraid of the king of Babylon, of whom ye are afraid; be not afraid
of him, saith the LORD: for I am with you to save you, and to deliver you from
his hand.
Jeremiah 42:12
12 And I will shew mercies unto you, that he may have mercy upon you, and cause
you to return to your own land. Jeremiah 42:13
13 But if ye say, We will not dwell in this land, neither obey the voice of the
LORD your God,
Jeremiah 42:14
14 Saying, No; but we will go into the land of Egypt, where we shall see no
war, nor hear the sound of the trumpet, nor have hunger of bread; and there
will we dwell:
Jeremiah 42:15
15 And now therefore hear the word of the LORD, ye remnant of Judah; Thus saith
the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; If ye wholly set your faces  to enter
into Egypt,  and go  to sojourn  there; Jeremiah 42:16
16 Then it shall come to pass, that the sword, which ye feared, shall overtake
you there in the land of Egypt, and the famine, whereof ye were afraid, shall
follow close after you there in Egypt; and there ye shall die. Jeremiah 42:17
17 So shall it be with all the men that set their faces to go into Egypt to
sojourn there; they shall die by the sword, by the famine, and by the
pestilence: and none of them shall remain or escape from  the evil  that I will
bring  upon them.
Jeremiah 42:18
18 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; As mine anger and my
fury hath been poured forth upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem; so shall my fury
be poured forth upon you, when ye shall enter  into Egypt:  and ye shall be an
execration,  and an astonishment,  and a curse,  and a reproach; and ye shall
see  this place  no more. Jeremiah 42:19
19 The LORD hath said concerning you, O ye remnant of Judah; Go ye not into
Egypt: know certainly that I have admonished you this day. Jeremiah 42:20
20 For ye dissembled in your hearts, when ye sent me unto the LORD your God,
saying, Pray for us unto the LORD our God; and according unto all that the LORD
our God shall say, so declare  unto us, and we will do  it. Jeremiah 42:21
21 And now I have this day declared it to you; but ye have not obeyed the voice
of the LORD your God, nor any thing for the which he hath sent me unto you.
Jeremiah 42:22
22 Now therefore know certainly that ye shall die by the sword, by the famine,
and by the pestilence, in the place whither ye desire to go and to sojourn.

-+-

http://lypha.ekklesia-online.org - Extremely Affordable Web Hosting 5.95 - no
disk or bandwidth limits

http://www.baptist-ministries.org - Independent Baptist Web Portal