Möte BIBLE, 3563 texter
Skriven 2009-12-16 18:20:02 av FamilyNet (8:8/2)
Ärende: Bible Reading for December 17
=====================================
From: "FamilyNet" <freinds@familynet-international.org>

The Second Letter of Peter
CHAPTER 1
2 Peter 1:1
1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have
obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness  of God and our
Saviour Jesus Christ:
2 Peter 1:2
2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of
Jesus our Lord,
2 Peter 1:3
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto
life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory
and virtue:
2 Peter 1:4
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by
these ye might be partakers of the divine  nature, having escaped the
corruption that is in the world through lust. 2 Peter 1:5
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to
virtue knowledge;
2 Peter 1:6
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience
godliness;
2 Peter 1:7
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 2
Peter 1:8
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall
neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2
Peter 1:9
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath
forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. 2 Peter 1:10
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and
election sure: for if ye do these things,  ye shall never fall: 2 Peter 1:11
11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the
everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour  Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:12
12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these
things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth. 2 Peter
1:13
13 Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by
putting you in remembrance;
2 Peter 1:14
14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord
Jesus Christ hath shewed me.
2 Peter 1:15
15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these
things always in remembrance. 2 Peter 1:16
16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto
you the power and coming of our Lord  Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of
his majesty.
2 Peter 1:17
17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a
voice to him from  the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am
well pleased.
2 Peter 1:18
18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the
holy  mount.
2 Peter 1:19
19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take
heed, as unto a light that shineth in  a dark place, until the day dawn, and
the day star arise in your hearts: 2 Peter 1:20
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private
interpretation.
2 Peter 1:21
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of
God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. CHAPTER 2
2 Peter 2:1
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be
false teachers among you, who  privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even
denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 Peter 2:2
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of
truth shall be evil spoken of.
2 Peter 2:3
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of
you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and  their damnation
slumbereth not.
2 Peter 2:4
4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and
delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; 2 Peter
2:5
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of
righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; 2 Peter 2:6
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with
an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live
ungodly;
2 Peter 2:7
7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: 2
Peter 2:8
8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his
righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;) 2 Peter 2:9
9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve
the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: 2 Peter 2:10
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and
despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to
speak evil of dignities.
2 Peter 2:11
11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing
accusation against them  before the Lord. 2 Peter 2:12
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak
evil of  the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their
own corruption;
2 Peter 2:13
13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it
pleasure to riot in the daytime. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting
themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you; 2 Peter 2:14
14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling
unstable souls: an heart they have exercised  with covetous practices; cursed
children:
2 Peter 2:15
15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of
Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 2 Peter 2:16
16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice
forbad the madness  of the prophet. 2 Peter 2:17
17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to
whom the mist of darkness is reserved for  ever. 2 Peter 2:18
18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the
lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from
them who live in error. 2 Peter 2:19
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of
corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in
bondage.
2 Peter 2:20
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the
knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are  again entangled
therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 2
Peter 2:21
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness,
than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered
unto them.
2 Peter 2:22
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is
turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in
the mire.
CHAPTER 3
2 Peter 3:1
1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up
your pure minds by way of remembrance: 2 Peter 3:2
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy
prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour: 2
Peter 3:3
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking
after their own  lusts,
2 Peter 3:4
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell
asleep, all things continue  as they were from the beginning of the creation.
2 Peter 3:5
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens
were of old, and the earth  standing out of the water and in the water:
2 Peter 3:6
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 2
Peter 3:7
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in
store, reserved unto fire against the day  of judgment and perdition of ungodly
men.
2 Peter 3:8
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the
Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 2 Peter 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness;
but is longsuffering to us-ward,  not willing that any should perish, but that
all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:10
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the
heavens shall pass away with a great noise,  and the elements shall melt with
fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2 Peter 3:11
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons
ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 2 Peter 3:12
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the
heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt  with
fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:13
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new
earth, wherein dwelleth  righteousness. 2 Peter 3:14
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye
may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. 2 Peter 3:15
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our
beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written
unto you;
2 Peter 3:16
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are
some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable
wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
2 Peter 3:17
17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye
also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own
stedfastness.
2 Peter 3:18
18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus
Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

-+-

http://www.online-churches.org - a primer for putting your church online

http://mozyhome.ekklesia-online.com - Free 2 GB offsite backup for your PC or
MAC.