Möte BIBLE, 3563 texter
Skriven 2010-07-05 13:47:46 av FamilyNet (8:8/2)
Ärende: Bible Reading for July 06
=================================
From: "FamilyNet" <freinds@familynet-international.org>

Bible Reading for July 06

CHAPTER 18
2 Kings 18:1
1 Now it came to pass in the third year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel,
that Hezekiah the son of Ahaz king of Judah began to reign. 2 Kings 18:2
2 Twenty and five years old was he when he began to reign; and he reigned
twenty and nine years in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Abi,  the
daughter  of Zachariah.
2 Kings 18:3
3 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all
that David his father did.
2 Kings 18:4
4 He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves,
and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days
the children  of Israel  did burn incense  to it: and he called  it Nehushtan.
2 Kings 18:5
5 He trusted in the LORD God of Israel; so that after him was none like him
among all the kings of Judah, nor any that were before him. 2 Kings 18:6
6 For he clave to the LORD, and departed not from following him, but kept his
commandments, which the LORD commanded Moses. 2 Kings 18:7
7 And the LORD was with him; and he prospered whithersoever he went forth: and
he rebelled against the king of Assyria, and served him not. 2 Kings 18:8
8 He smote the Philistines, even unto Gaza, and the borders thereof, from the
tower of the watchmen to the fenced city. 2 Kings 18:9
9 And it came to pass in the fourth year of king Hezekiah, which was the
seventh year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, that Shalmaneser king  of
Assyria  came up  against Samaria,  and besieged  it. 2 Kings 18:10
10 And at the end of three years they took it: even in the sixth year of
Hezekiah, that is the ninth year of Hoshea king of Israel, Samaria  was taken.
2 Kings 18:11
11 And the king of Assyria did carry away Israel unto Assyria, and put them in
Halah and in Habor by the river of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes: 2
Kings 18:12
12 Because they obeyed not the voice of the LORD their God, but transgressed
his covenant, and all that Moses the servant of the LORD commanded, and would
not hear them, nor do them.
2 Kings 18:13
13 Now in the fourteenth year of king Hezekiah did Sennacherib king of Assyria
come up against all the fenced cities of Judah, and took them. 2 Kings 18:14
14 And Hezekiah king of Judah sent to the king of Assyria to Lachish, saying, I
have offended; return from me: that which thou puttest on me will I bear. And
the king  of Assyria  appointed  unto Hezekiah  king  of Judah three  hundred
talents  of silver  and thirty  talents  of gold. 2 Kings 18:15
15 And Hezekiah gave him all the silver that was found in the house of the
LORD, and in the treasures of the king's house. 2 Kings 18:16
16 At that time did Hezekiah cut off the gold from the doors of the temple of
the LORD, and from the pillars which Hezekiah king of Judah had overlaid, and
gave it to the king  of Assyria. 2 Kings 18:17
17 And the king of Assyria sent Tartan and Rabsaris and Rabshakeh from Lachish
to king Hezekiah with a great host against Jerusalem. And they went up  and
came  to Jerusalem.  And when they were come up,  they came  and stood  by the
conduit  of the upper  pool,  which is in the highway  of the fuller's  field.
2 Kings 18:18
18 And when they had called to the king, there came out to them Eliakim the son
of Hilkiah, which was over the household, and Shebna the scribe, and Joah the
son of Asaph the recorder. 2 Kings 18:19
19 And Rabshakeh said unto them, Speak ye now to Hezekiah, Thus saith the great
king, the king of Assyria, What confidence is this wherein thou trustest?
2 Kings 18:20
20 Thou sayest, (but they are but vain words,) I have counsel and strength for
the war. Now on whom dost thou trust, that thou rebellest against me? 2 Kings
18:21
21 Now, behold, thou trustest upon the staff of this bruised reed, even upon
Egypt, on which if a man lean, it will go into his hand, and pierce it: so is
Pharaoh king of Egypt  unto all that trust  on him. 2 Kings 18:22
22 But if ye say unto me, We trust in the LORD our God: is not that he, whose
high places and whose altars Hezekiah hath taken away, and hath said to Judah
and Jerusalem, Ye shall worship before  this altar  in Jerusalem? 2 Kings 18:23
23 Now therefore, I pray thee, give pledges to my lord the king of Assyria, and
I will deliver thee two thousand horses, if thou be able on thy part to set
riders upon them.
2 Kings 18:24
24 How then wilt thou turn away the face of one captain of the least of my
master's servants, and put thy trust on Egypt for chariots and for horsemen? 2
Kings 18:25
25 Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD
said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it. 2 Kings 18:26
26 Then said Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and Shebna, and Joah, unto Rabshakeh,
Speak, I pray thee, to thy servants in the Syrian language; for we understand
it: and talk not with us in the Jews' language  in the ears of the people  that
are on the wall. 2 Kings 18:27
27 But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to
thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the
wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink  their own piss  with you?
2 Kings 18:28
28 Then Rabshakeh stood and cried with a loud voice in the Jews' language, and
spake, saying, Hear the word of the great king, the king  of Assyria: 2 Kings
18:29
29 Thus saith the king, Let not Hezekiah deceive you: for he shall not be able
to deliver you out of his hand: 2 Kings 18:30
30 Neither let Hezekiah make you trust in the LORD, saying, The LORD will
surely deliver us, and this city shall not be delivered into the hand of the
king of Assyria.
2 Kings 18:31
31 Hearken not to Hezekiah: for thus saith the king of Assyria, Make an
agreement with me by a present, and come out to me, and then eat ye every man
of his own vine, and every one of his fig tree,  and drink  ye every one the
waters  of his cistern:
2 Kings 18:32
32 Until I come and take you away to a land like your own land, a land of corn
and wine, a land of bread and vineyards, a land of oil olive  and of honey,
that ye may live,  and not die:  and hearken  not unto Hezekiah, when he
persuadeth  you, saying,  The LORD  will deliver  us. 2 Kings 18:33
33 Hath any of the gods of the nations delivered at all his land out of the
hand of the king of Assyria?
2 Kings 18:34
34 Where are the gods of Hamath, and of Arpad? where are the gods of
Sepharvaim, Hena, and Ivah? have they delivered Samaria out of mine hand? 2
Kings 18:35
35 Who are they among all the gods of the countries, that have delivered their
country out of mine hand, that the LORD should deliver Jerusalem out of mine
hand?
2 Kings 18:36
36 But the people held their peace, and answered him not a word: for the king's
commandment was, saying, Answer him not. 2 Kings 18:37
37 Then came Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, which was over the household, and
Shebna the scribe, and Joah the son of Asaph the recorder, to Hezekiah with
their clothes  rent,  and told  him the words  of Rabshakeh. CHAPTER 19
2 Kings 19:1
1 And it came to pass, when king Hezekiah heard it, that he rent his clothes,
and covered himself with sackcloth, and went into the house of the LORD.
2 Kings 19:2
2 And he sent Eliakim, which was over the household, and Shebna the scribe, and
the elders of the priests, covered with sackcloth, to Isaiah the prophet the
son of Amoz.
2 Kings 19:3
3 And they said unto him, Thus saith Hezekiah, This day is a day of trouble,
and of rebuke, and blasphemy: for the children are come to the birth, and there
is not strength to bring forth. 2 Kings 19:4
4 It may be the LORD thy God will hear all the words of Rabshakeh, whom the
king of Assyria his master hath sent to reproach the living God;  and will
reprove  the words  which the LORD  thy God  hath heard:  wherefore lift up thy
prayer  for the remnant  that are left. 2 Kings 19:5
5 So the servants of king Hezekiah came to Isaiah. 2 Kings 19:6
6 And Isaiah said unto them, Thus shall ye say to your master, Thus saith the
LORD, Be not afraid of the words which thou hast heard, with which the servants
of the king of Assyria  have blasphemed  me. 2 Kings 19:7
7 Behold, I will send a blast upon him, and he shall hear a rumour, and shall
return to his own land; and I will cause him to fall by the sword in his own
land.
2 Kings 19:8
8 So Rabshakeh returned, and found the king of Assyria warring against Libnah:
for he had heard that he was departed from Lachish. 2 Kings 19:9
9 And when he heard say of Tirhakah king of Ethiopia, Behold, he is come out to
fight against thee: he sent messengers again unto Hezekiah, saying, 2 Kings
19:10
10 Thus shall ye speak to Hezekiah king of Judah, saying, Let not thy God in
whom thou trustest deceive thee, saying, Jerusalem shall not be delivered into
the hand of the king  of Assyria. 2 Kings 19:11
11 Behold, thou hast heard what the kings of Assyria have done to all lands, by
destroying them utterly: and shalt thou be delivered? 2 Kings 19:12
12 Have the gods of the nations delivered them which my fathers have destroyed;
as Gozan, and Haran, and Rezeph, and the children of Eden which were in
Thelasar?
2 Kings 19:13
13 Where is the king of Hamath, and the king of Arpad, and the king of the city
of Sepharvaim, of Hena, and Ivah? 2 Kings 19:14
14 And Hezekiah received the letter of the hand of the messengers, and read it:
and Hezekiah went up into the house of the LORD, and spread it before the LORD.
2 Kings 19:15
15 And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which
dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the
kingdoms of the earth;  thou hast made  heaven  and earth. 2 Kings 19:16
16 LORD, bow down thine ear, and hear: open, LORD, thine eyes, and see: and
hear the words of Sennacherib, which hath sent him to reproach  the living God.
2 Kings 19:17
17 Of a truth, LORD, the kings of Assyria have destroyed the nations and their
lands,
2 Kings 19:18
18 And have cast their gods into the fire: for they were no gods, but the work
of men's hands, wood and stone: therefore they have destroyed them. 2 Kings
19:19
19 Now therefore, O LORD our God, I beseech thee, save thou us out of his hand,
that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that thou art the LORD God, even
thou only.
2 Kings 19:20
20 Then Isaiah the son of Amoz sent to Hezekiah, saying, Thus saith the LORD
God of Israel, That which thou hast prayed to me against Sennacherib king of
Assyria  I have heard.
2 Kings 19:21
21 This is the word that the LORD hath spoken concerning him; The virgin the
daughter of Zion hath despised thee, and laughed thee to scorn; the daughter of
Jerusalem hath shaken her head at thee. 2 Kings 19:22
22 Whom hast thou reproached and blasphemed? and against whom hast thou exalted
thy voice, and lifted up thine eyes on high? even against the Holy One of
Israel.
2 Kings 19:23
23 By thy messengers thou hast reproached the Lord, and hast said, With the
multitude of my chariots I am come up to the height of the mountains, to the
sides of Lebanon, and will cut down  the tall  cedar trees  thereof, and the
choice  fir trees  thereof: and I will enter  into the lodgings  of his
borders,  and into the forest  of his Carmel. 2 Kings 19:24
24 I have digged and drunk strange waters, and with the sole of my feet have I
dried up all the rivers of besieged places. 2 Kings 19:25
25 Hast thou not heard long ago how I have done it, and of ancient times that I
have formed it? now have I brought it to pass, that thou shouldest be to lay
waste fenced cities into ruinous heaps. 2 Kings 19:26
26 Therefore their inhabitants were of small power, they were dismayed and
confounded; they were as the grass of the field, and as the green herb, as the
grass on the housetops, and as corn blasted  before  it be grown up. 2 Kings
19:27
27 But I know thy abode, and thy going out, and thy coming in, and thy rage
against me.
2 Kings 19:28
28 Because thy rage against me and thy tumult is come up into mine ears,
therefore I will put my hook in thy nose, and my bridle in thy lips, and I will
turn thee back by the way by which thou camest. 2 Kings 19:29
29 And this shall be a sign unto thee, Ye shall eat this year such things as
grow of themselves, and in the second year that which springeth of the same;
and in the third year sow ye, and reap, and plant vineyards,  and eat  the
fruits  thereof.
2 Kings 19:30
30 And the remnant that is escaped of the house of Judah shall yet again take
root downward, and bear fruit upward. 2 Kings 19:31
31 For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, and they that escape out of
mount Zion: the zeal of the LORD of hosts shall do this. 2 Kings 19:32
32 Therefore thus saith the LORD concerning the king of Assyria, He shall not
come into this city, nor shoot an arrow there, nor come before it with shield,
nor cast a bank against it. 2 Kings 19:33
33 By the way that he came, by the same shall he return, and shall not come
into this city, saith the LORD.
2 Kings 19:34
34 For I will defend this city, to save it, for mine own sake, and for my
servant David's sake.
2 Kings 19:35
35 And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and
smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and
when they arose early in the morning,  behold, they were all dead corpses.
2 Kings 19:36
36 So Sennacherib king of Assyria departed, and went and returned, and dwelt at
Nineveh.
2 Kings 19:37
37 And it came to pass, as he was worshipping in the house of Nisroch his god,
that Adrammelech and Sharezer his sons smote him with the sword: and they
escaped into the land of Armenia. And Esarhaddon  his son  reigned  in his
stead.

-+-

http://www.baptist-ministries.org - Independent Baptist Web Portal

http://www.christian-wellness.com - dedicated to your physical, spiritual, and