Möte BIBLE, 3563 texter
Skriven 2010-08-28 20:22:10 av Eternal September (8:8/2003)
Ärende: Bible Reading for August 28
===================================
From: "Eternal September" <friends@familynet-international.org>

Bible Reading for August 28

CHAPTER 20
1 Chronicles 20:1
1 And it came to pass, that after the year was expired, at the time that kings
go out to battle, Joab led forth the power of the army, and wasted the country
of the children  of Ammon,  and came  and besieged  Rabbah.  But David  tarried
 at Jerusalem.  And Joab  smote  Rabbah,  and destroyed  it. 1 Chronicles 20:2
2 And David took the crown of their king from off his head, and found it to
weigh a talent of gold, and there were precious stones in it; and it was set
upon David's head:  and he brought  also exceeding  much  spoil  out of the
city.
1 Chronicles 20:3
3 And he brought out the people that were in it, and cut them with saws, and
with harrows of iron, and with axes. Even so dealt David with all the cities of
the children of Ammon. And David  and all the people  returned  to Jerusalem.
1 Chronicles 20:4
4 And it came to pass after this, that there arose war at Gezer with the
Philistines; at which time Sibbechai the Hushathite slew Sippai, that was of
the children of the giant: and they were subdued. 1 Chronicles 20:5
5 And there was war again with the Philistines; and Elhanan the son of Jair
slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear staff was like a
weaver's  beam.
1 Chronicles 20:6
6 And yet again there was war at Gath, where was a man of great stature, whose
fingers and toes were four and twenty, six on each hand, and six on each foot:
and he also was the son of the giant. 1 Chronicles 20:7
7 But when he defied Israel, Jonathan the son of Shimea David's brother slew
him.
1 Chronicles 20:8
8 These were born unto the giant in Gath; and they fell by the hand of David,
and by the hand of his servants. CHAPTER 21
1 Chronicles 21:1
1 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel. 1
Chronicles 21:2
2 And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel
from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know
 it.
1 Chronicles 21:3
3 And Joab answered, The LORD make his people an hundred times so many more as
they be: but, my lord the king, are they not all my lord's servants? why then
doth my lord  require  this thing? why will he be a cause of trespass to
Israel?
1 Chronicles 21:4
4 Nevertheless the king's word prevailed against Joab. Wherefore Joab departed,
and went throughout all Israel, and came to Jerusalem. 1 Chronicles 21:5
5 And Joab gave the sum of the number of the people unto David. And all they of
Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand men that drew sword:
and Judah  was four  hundred  threescore and ten  thousand  men that drew
sword.
1 Chronicles 21:6
6 But Levi and Benjamin counted he not among them: for the king's word was
abominable to Joab.
1 Chronicles 21:7
7 And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel. 1
Chronicles 21:8
8 And David said unto God, I have sinned greatly, because I have done this
thing: but now, I beseech thee, do away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have
done very foolishly.
1 Chronicles 21:9
9 And the LORD spake unto Gad, David's seer, saying, 1 Chronicles 21:10
10 Go and tell David, saying, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things:
choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee. 1 Chronicles 21:11
11 So Gad came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee 1
Chronicles 21:12
12 Either three years' famine; or three months to be destroyed before thy foes,
while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee; or else three days  the
sword  of the LORD,  even the pestilence,  in the land,  and the angel  of the
LORD  destroying  throughout all the coasts  of Israel.  Now therefore advise
thyself what word  I shall bring again  to him that sent me.
1 Chronicles 21:13
13 And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall now into the
hand of the LORD; for very great are his mercies: but let me not fall into the
hand  of man.
1 Chronicles 21:14
14 So the LORD sent pestilence upon Israel: and there fell of Israel seventy
thousand men.
1 Chronicles 21:15
15 And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was
destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the
angel that destroyed,  It is enough,  stay  now thine hand.  And the angel  of
the LORD  stood  by the threshingfloor  of Ornan  the Jebusite. 1 Chronicles
21:16
16 And David lifted up his eyes, and saw the angel of the LORD stand between
the earth and the heaven, having a drawn sword in his hand stretched out over
Jerusalem.  Then David  and the elders  of Israel, who were clothed  in
sackcloth,  fell  upon their faces. 1 Chronicles 21:17
17 And David said unto God, Is it not I that commanded the people to be
numbered? even I it is that have sinned and done evil indeed; but as for these
sheep, what have they done? let thine hand,  I pray thee, O LORD  my God,  be
on me, and on my father's  house;  but not on thy people,  that they should be
plagued.
1 Chronicles 21:18
18 Then the angel of the LORD commanded Gad to say to David, that David should
go up, and set up an altar unto the LORD in the threshingfloor of Ornan  the
Jebusite.
1 Chronicles 21:19
19 And David went up at the saying of Gad, which he spake in the name of the
LORD.
1 Chronicles 21:20
20 And Ornan turned back, and saw the angel; and his four sons with him hid
themselves. Now Ornan was threshing wheat. 1 Chronicles 21:21
21 And as David came to Ornan, Ornan looked and saw David, and went out of the
threshingfloor, and bowed himself to David with his face to the ground. 1
Chronicles 21:22
22 Then David said to Ornan, Grant me the place of this threshingfloor, that I
may build an altar therein unto the LORD: thou shalt grant it me for the full
price: that the plague  may be stayed  from the people. 1 Chronicles 21:23
23 And Ornan said unto David, Take it to thee, and let my lord the king do that
which is good in his eyes: lo, I give thee the oxen  also for burnt offerings,
and the threshing instruments  for wood,  and the wheat  for the meat offering;
 I give  it all.
1 Chronicles 21:24
24 And king David said to Ornan, Nay; but I will verily buy it for the full
price: for I will not take that which is thine for the LORD, nor offer burnt
offerings without cost.
1 Chronicles 21:25
25 So David gave to Ornan for the place six hundred shekels of gold by weight.
1 Chronicles 21:26
26 And David built there an altar unto the LORD, and offered burnt offerings
and peace offerings, and called upon the LORD; and he answered him from heaven
by fire upon the altar  of burnt offering. 1 Chronicles 21:27
27 And the LORD commanded the angel; and he put up his sword again into the
sheath thereof.
1 Chronicles 21:28
28 At that time when David saw that the LORD had answered him in the
threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite, then he sacrificed there. 1 Chronicles
21:29
29 For the tabernacle of the LORD, which Moses made in the wilderness, and the
altar of the burnt offering, were at that season in the high place at Gibeon.
1 Chronicles 21:30
30 But David could not go before it to enquire of God: for he was afraid
because of the sword of the angel of the LORD. CHAPTER 22
1 Chronicles 22:1
1 Then David said, This is the house of the LORD God, and this is the altar of
the burnt offering for Israel.
1 Chronicles 22:2
2 And David commanded to gather together the strangers that were in the land of
Israel; and he set masons to hew wrought stones to build the house  of God.
1 Chronicles 22:3
3 And David prepared iron in abundance for the nails for the doors of the
gates, and for the joinings; and brass in abundance without weight; 1
Chronicles 22:4
4 Also cedar trees in abundance: for the Zidonians and they of Tyre brought
much cedar wood to David.
1 Chronicles 22:5
5 And David said, Solomon my son is young and tender, and the house that is to
be builded for the LORD must be exceeding magnifical, of fame  and of glory
throughout all countries:  I will therefore now make preparation  for it. So
David  prepared  abundantly  before  his death. 1 Chronicles 22:6
6 Then he called for Solomon his son, and charged him to build an house for the
LORD God of Israel.
1 Chronicles 22:7
7 And David said to Solomon, My son, as for me, it was in my mind to build an
house unto the name of the LORD my God: 1 Chronicles 22:8
8 But the word of the LORD came to me, saying, Thou hast shed blood abundantly,
and hast made great wars: thou shalt not build an house unto my name, because
thou hast shed  much  blood  upon the earth  in my sight. 1 Chronicles 22:9
9 Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will
give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon,
and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel  in his days. 1 Chronicles
22:10
10 He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be
his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for
ever.
1 Chronicles 22:11
11 Now, my son, the LORD be with thee; and prosper thou, and build the house of
the LORD thy God, as he hath said of thee. 1 Chronicles 22:12
12 Only the LORD give thee wisdom and understanding, and give thee charge
concerning Israel, that thou mayest keep the law of the LORD thy God. 1
Chronicles 22:13
13 Then shalt thou prosper, if thou takest heed to fulfil the statutes and
judgments which the LORD charged Moses with concerning Israel: be strong, and
of good courage; dread not, nor be dismayed. 1 Chronicles 22:14
14 Now, behold, in my trouble I have prepared for the house of the LORD an
hundred thousand talents of gold, and a thousand thousand talents of silver;
and of brass  and iron  without weight;  for it is in abundance:  timber also
and stone  have I prepared;  and thou mayest add  thereto. 1 Chronicles 22:15
15 Moreover there are workmen with thee in abundance, hewers and workers of
stone and timber, and all manner of cunning men for every manner of work. 1
Chronicles 22:16
16 Of the gold, the silver, and the brass, and the iron, there is no number.
Arise therefore, and be doing, and the LORD be with thee. 1 Chronicles 22:17
17 David also commanded all the princes of Israel to help Solomon his son,
saying,
1 Chronicles 22:18
18 Is not the LORD your God with you? and hath he not given you rest on every
side? for he hath given the inhabitants of the land into mine hand; and the
land is subdued before the LORD, and before  his people. 1 Chronicles 22:19
19 Now set your heart and your soul to seek the LORD your God; arise therefore,
and build ye the sanctuary of the LORD God, to bring the ark  of the covenant
of the LORD,  and the holy  vessels  of God,  into the house that is to be
built  to the name  of the LORD. CHAPTER 23
1 Chronicles 23:1
1 So when David was old and full of days, he made Solomon his son king over
Israel.
1 Chronicles 23:2
2 And he gathered together all the princes of Israel, with the priests and the
Levites.
1 Chronicles 23:3
3 Now the Levites were numbered from the age of thirty years and upward: and
their number by their polls, man by man, was thirty and eight thousand. 1
Chronicles 23:4
4 Of which, twenty and four thousand were to set forward the work of the house
of the LORD; and six thousand were officers and judges: 1 Chronicles 23:5
5 Moreover four thousand were porters; and four thousand praised the LORD with
the instruments which I made, said David, to praise therewith. 1 Chronicles
23:6
6 And David divided them into courses among the sons of Levi, namely, Gershon,
Kohath, and Merari.
1 Chronicles 23:7
7 Of the Gershonites were, Laadan, and Shimei. 1 Chronicles 23:8
8 The sons of Laadan; the chief was Jehiel, and Zetham, and Joel, three. 1
Chronicles 23:9
9 The sons of Shimei; Shelomith, and Haziel, and Haran, three. These were the
chief of the fathers of Laadan. 1 Chronicles 23:10
10 And the sons of Shimei were, Jahath, Zina, and Jeush, and Beriah. These four
were the sons of Shimei.
1 Chronicles 23:11
11 And Jahath was the chief, and Zizah the second: but Jeush and Beriah had

not many sons; therefore they were in one reckoning, according to their
father's house.
1 Chronicles 23:12
12 The sons of Kohath; Amram, Izhar, Hebron, and Uzziel, four. 1 Chronicles
23:13
13 The sons of Amram; Aaron and Moses: and Aaron was separated, that he should
sanctify the most holy things, he and his sons for ever, to burn incense
before  the LORD,  to minister  unto him, and to bless  in his name for  ever.
1 Chronicles 23:14
14 Now concerning Moses the man of God, his sons were named of the tribe of
Levi.
1 Chronicles 23:15
15 The sons of Moses were, Gershom, and Eliezer. 1 Chronicles 23:16
16 Of the sons of Gershom, Shebuel was the chief. 1 Chronicles 23:17
17 And the sons of Eliezer were, Rehabiah the chief. And Eliezer had none other
sons; but the sons of Rehabiah were very many. 1 Chronicles 23:18
18 Of the sons of Izhar; Shelomith the chief. 1 Chronicles 23:19
19 Of the sons of Hebron; Jeriah the first, Amariah the second, Jahaziel the
third, and Jekameam the fourth.
1 Chronicles 23:20
20 Of the sons of Uzziel; Michah the first, and Jesiah the second. 1 Chronicles
23:21
21 The sons of Merari; Mahli, and Mushi. The sons of Mahli; Eleazar, and Kish.
1 Chronicles 23:22
22 And Eleazar died, and had no sons, but daughters: and their brethren the
sons of Kish took them.
1 Chronicles 23:23
23 The sons of Mushi; Mahli, and Eder, and Jeremoth, three. 1 Chronicles 23:24
24 These were the sons of Levi after the house of their fathers; even the chief
of the fathers, as they were counted by number of names by their polls, that
did the work for the service  of the house  of the LORD,  from the age  of
twenty  years  and upward. 1 Chronicles 23:25
25 For David said, The LORD God of Israel hath given rest unto his people, that
they may dwell in Jerusalem for ever: 1 Chronicles 23:26
26 And also unto the Levites; they shall no more carry the tabernacle, nor any
vessels of it for the service thereof. 1 Chronicles 23:27
27 For by the last words of David the Levites were numbered from twenty years
old and above:
1 Chronicles 23:28
28 Because their office was to wait on the sons of Aaron for the service of the
house of the LORD, in the courts, and in the chambers, and in the purifying of
all holy things, and the work of the service  of the house  of God;
1 Chronicles 23:29
29 Both for the shewbread, and for the fine flour for meat offering, and for
the unleavened cakes, and for that which is baked in the pan, and for that
which is fried, and for all manner of measure and size; 1 Chronicles 23:30
30 And to stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD, and likewise at
even;
1 Chronicles 23:31
31 And to offer all burnt sacrifices unto the LORD in the sabbaths, in the new
moons, and on the set feasts, by number, according to the order commanded unto
them, continually before the LORD: 1 Chronicles 23:32
32 And that they should keep the charge of the tabernacle of the congregation,
and the charge of the holy place, and the charge of the sons of Aaron their
brethren, in the service of the house of the LORD.

-+-

http://www.familyad.com - FamilyNet Advertising Network - Family Oriented
Advertising Solution

http://www.ekklesia-online.com - Free Web Hosting for Independent Baptist