Möte BIBLE, 3563 texter
Skriven 2011-04-04 06:15:50 av FamilyNet (8:8/2)
Ärende: Bible Reading for April 06
==================================
From: "FamilyNet" <friends@familynet-international.org>

Bible Reading for April 06

2 Samuel 9
[1] And David said, Is there yet any that is left of the house of Saul, that I
may shew him kindness for Jonathan's sake? [2] And there was of the house of
Saul a servant whose name was Ziba. And when they had called him unto David,
the king said unto him, Art thou Ziba? And he said, Thy servant is he.
[3] And the king said, Is there not yet any of the house of Saul, that I may
shew the kindness of God unto him? And Ziba said unto the king, Jonathan hath
yet a son, which is lame on his feet. [4] And the king said unto him, Where is
he? And Ziba said unto the king, Behold, he is in the house of Machir, the son
of Ammiel, in Lo-debar. [5] Then king David sent, and fetched him out of the
house of Machir, the son of Ammiel, from Lo-debar.
[6] Now when Mephibosheth, the son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, was come unto
David, he fell on his face, and did reverence. And David said, Mephibosheth.
And he answered, Behold thy servant! [7] And David said unto him, Fear not: for
I will surely shew thee kindness for Jonathan thy father's sake, and will
restore thee all the land of Saul thy father; and thou shalt eat bread at my
table continually. [8] And he bowed himself, and said, What is thy servant,
that thou shouldest look upon such a dead dog as I am?
[9] Then the king called to Ziba, Saul's servant, and said unto him, I have
given unto thy master's son all that pertained to Saul and to all his house.
[10] Thou therefore, and thy sons, and thy servants, shall till the land for
him, and thou shalt bring in the fruits, that thy master's son may have food to
eat: but Mephibosheth thy master's son shall eat bread alway at my table. Now
Ziba had fifteen sons and twenty servants. [11] Then said Ziba unto the king,
According to all that my lord the king hath commanded his servant, so shall thy
servant do. As for Mephibosheth, said the king, he shall eat at my table, as
one of the king's sons. [12] And Mephibosheth had a young son, whose name was
Micha. And all that dwelt in the house of Ziba were servants unto Mephibosheth.
[13] So Mephibosheth dwelt in Jerusalem: for he did eat continually at the
king's table; and was lame on both his feet.

2 Samuel 10
[1] And it came to pass after this, that the king of the children of Ammon
died, and Hanun his son reigned in his stead. [2] Then said David, I will shew
kindness unto Hanun the son of Nahash, as his father shewed kindness unto me.
And David sent to comfort him by the hand of his servants for his father. And
David's servants came into the land of the children of Ammon.
[3] And the princes of the children of Ammon said unto Hanun their lord,
Thinkest thou that David doth honour thy father, that he hath sent comforters
unto thee? hath not David rather sent his servants unto thee, to search the
city, and to spy it out, and to overthrow it? [4] Wherefore Hanun took David's
servants, and shaved off the one half of their beards, and cut off their
garments in the middle, even to their buttocks, and sent them away.
[5] When they told it unto David, he sent to meet them, because the men were
greatly ashamed: and the king said, Tarry at Jericho until your beards be
grown, and then return.
[6] And when the children of Ammon saw that they stank before David, the
children of Ammon sent and hired the Syrians of Beth-rehob, and the Syrians of
Zoba, twenty thousand footmen, and of king Maacah a thousand men, and of
Ish-tob twelve thousand men.
[7] And when David heard of it, he sent Joab, and all the host of the mighty
men.
[8] And the children of Ammon came out, and put the battle in array at the
entering in of the gate: and the Syrians of Zoba, and of Rehob, and Ish-tob,
and Maacah, were by themselves in the field. [9] When Joab saw that the front
of the battle was against him before and behind, he chose of all the choice men
of Israel, and put them in array against the Syrians:
[10] And the rest of the people he delivered into the hand of Abishai his
brother, that he might put them in array against the children of Ammon. [11]
And he said, If the Syrians be too strong for me, then thou shalt help me: but
if the children of Ammon be too strong for thee, then I will come and help
thee.
[12] Be of good courage, and let us play the men for our people, and for the
cities of our God: and the LORD do that which seemeth him good. [13] And Joab
drew nigh, and the people that were with him, unto the battle against the
Syrians: and they fled before him. [14] And when the children of Ammon saw that
the Syrians were fled, then fled they also before Abishai, and entered into the
city. So Joab returned from the children of Ammon, and came to Jerusalem. [15]
And when the Syrians saw that they were smitten before Israel, they gathered
themselves together.
[16] And Hadarezer sent, and brought out the Syrians that were beyond the
river: and they came to Helam; and Shobach the captain of the host of Hadarezer
went before them.
[17] And when it was told David, he gathered all Israel together, and passed
over Jordan, and came to Helam. And the Syrians set themselves in array against
David, and fought with him. [18] And the Syrians fled before Israel; and David
slew the men of seven hundred chariots of the Syrians, and forty thousand
horsemen, and smote Shobach the captain of their host, who died there. [19] And
when all the kings that were servants to Hadarezer saw that they were smitten
before Israel, they made peace with Israel, and served them. So the Syrians
feared to help the children of Ammon any more.

2 Samuel 11
[1] And it came to pass, after the year was expired, at the time when kings go
forth to battle, that David sent Joab, and his servants with him, and all
Israel; and they destroyed the children of Ammon, and besieged Rabbah. But
David tarried still at Jerusalem.
[2] And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed,
and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman
washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. [3] And David
sent and inquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bath-sheba, the
daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite? [4] And David sent
messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for
she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house.
[5] And the woman conceived, and sent and told David, and said, I am with
child.
[6] And David sent to Joab, saying, Send me Uriah the Hittite. And Joab sent
Uriah to David.
[7] And when Uriah was come unto him, David demanded of him how Joab did, and
how the people did, and how the war prospered. [8] And David said to Uriah, Go
down to thy house, and wash thy feet. And Uriah departed out of the king's
house, and there followed him a mess of meat from the king.
[9] But Uriah slept at the door of the king's house with all the servants of
his lord, and went not down to his house. [10] And when they had told David,
saying, Uriah went not down unto his house, David said unto Uriah, Camest thou
not from thy journey? why then didst thou not go down unto thine house? [11]
And Uriah said unto David, The ark, and Israel, and Judah, abide in tents; and
my lord Joab, and the servants of my lord, are encamped in the open fields;
shall I then go into mine house, to eat and to drink, and to lie with my wife?
as thou livest, and as thy soul liveth, I will not do this thing.
[12] And David said to Uriah, Tarry here to day also, and to morrow I will let
thee depart. So Uriah abode in Jerusalem that day, and the morrow. [13] And
when David had called him, he did eat and drink before him; and he made him
drunk: and at even he went out to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord,
but went not down to his house. [14] And it came to pass in the morning, that
David wrote a letter to Joab, and sent it by the hand of Uriah.
[15] And he wrote in the letter, saying, Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the
hottest battle, and retire ye from him, that he may be smitten, and die. [16]
And it came to pass, when Joab observed the city, that he assigned Uriah unto a
place where he knew that valiant men were. [17] And the men of the city went
out, and fought with Joab: and there fell some of the people of the servants of
David; and Uriah the Hittite died also.
[18] Then Joab sent and told David all the things concerning the war; [19] And
charged the messenger, saying, When thou hast made an end of telling the
matters of the war unto the king, [20] And if so be that the king's wrath
arise, and he say unto thee, Wherefore approached ye so nigh unto the city when
ye did fight? knew ye not that they would shoot from the wall? [21] Who smote
Abimelech the son of Jerubbesheth? did not a woman cast a piece of a millstone
upon him from the wall, that he died in Thebez? why went ye nigh the wall? then
say thou, Thy servant Uriah the Hittite is dead also.
[22] So the messenger went, and came and shewed David all that Joab had sent
him for.
[23] And the messenger said unto David, Surely the men prevailed against us,
and came out unto us into the field, and we were upon them even unto the
entering of the gate.
[24] And the shooters shot from off the wall upon thy servants; and some of the
king's servants be dead, and thy servant Uriah the Hittite is dead also. [25]
Then David said unto the messenger, Thus shalt thou say unto Joab, Let not this
thing displease thee, for the sword devoureth one as well as another: make thy
battle more strong against the city, and overthrow it: and encourage thou him.
[26] And when the wife of Uriah heard that Uriah her husband was dead, she
mourned for her husband.
[27] And when the mourning was past, David sent and fetched her to his house,
and she became his wife, and bare him a son. But the thing that David had done
displeased the LORD.

2 Samuel 12
[1] And the LORD sent Nathan unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto
him, There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor. [2] The
rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds: [3] But the poor man had nothing,
save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up
together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank
of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter. [4] And
there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own
flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto
him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to
him.
[5] And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to
Nathan, As the LORD liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die:
[6] And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and
because he had no pity.
[7] And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of
Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand
of Saul;
[8] And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom,
and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too
little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things. [9]
Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his
sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his
wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of
Ammon.
[10] Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou
hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.
[11] Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of
thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them
unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.
[12] For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel,
and before the sun.
[13] And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan
said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die. [14]
Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of
the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.
[15] And Nathan departed unto his house. And the LORD struck the child that
Uriah's wife bare unto David, and it was very sick. [16] David therefore
besought God for the child; and David fasted, and went in, and lay all night
upon the earth. [17] And the elders of his house arose, and went to him, to
raise him up from the earth: but he would not, neither did he eat bread with
them. [18] And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died. And the
servants of David feared to tell him that the child was dead: for they said,
Behold, while the child was yet alive, we spake unto him, and he would not
hearken unto our voice: how will he then vex himself, if we tell him that the
child is dead?
[19] But when David saw that his servants whispered, David perceived that the
child was dead: therefore David said unto his servants, Is the child dead? And
they said, He is dead.
[20] Then David arose from the earth, and washed, and anointed himself, and
changed his apparel, and came into the house of the LORD, and worshipped: then
he came to his own house; and when he required, they set bread before him, and
he did eat.
[21] Then said his servants unto him, What thing is this that thou hast done?
thou didst fast and weep for the child, while it was alive; but when the child
was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread. [22] And he said, While the child was
yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be
gracious to me, that the child may live?
[23] But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I
shall go to him, but he shall not return to me. [24] And David comforted
Bath-sheba his wife, and went in unto her, and lay with her: and she bare a
son, and he called his name Solomon: and the LORD loved him.
[25] And he sent by the hand of Nathan the prophet; and he called his name
Jedidiah, because of the LORD.
[26] And Joab fought against Rabbah of the children of Ammon, and took the
royal city.
[27] And Joab sent messengers to David, and said, I have fought against Rabbah,
and have taken the city of waters. [28] Now therefore gather the rest of the
people together, and encamp against the city, and take it: lest I take the
city, and it be called after my name.
[29] And David gathered all the people together, and went to Rabbah, and fought
against it, and took it.
[30] And he took their king's crown from off his head, the weight whereof was a
talent of gold with the precious stones: and it was set on David's head. And he
brought forth the spoil of the city in great abundance. [31] And he brought
forth the people that were therein, and put them under saws, and under harrows
of iron, and under axes of iron, and made them pass through the brickkiln: and
thus did he unto all the cities of the children of Ammon. So David and all the
people returned unto Jerusalem.

-+-

Unlimited web hosting for $2 per month! http://dollar2host.ekklesia-online.com

http://mozyhome.ekklesia-online.com - Free 2 GB offsite backup for your PC or