Möte BIBLE, 3563 texter
Skriven 2012-06-25 17:00:02 av FamilyNet Direct (8:8/2)
Ärende: Bible Reading for June 27
=================================
From: "FamilyNet Direct" <friends@familynet-international.org>

Bible Reading for June 27

2 Kings 14
[1] In the second year of Joash son of Jehoahaz king of Israel reigned Amaziah
the son of Joash king of Judah. [2] He was twenty and five years old when he
began to reign, and reigned twenty and nine years in Jerusalem. And his
mother's name was Jehoaddan of Jerusalem.
[3] And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, yet not like
David his father: he did according to all things as Joash his father did. [4]
Howbeit the high places were not taken away: as yet the people did sacrifice
and burnt incense on the high places. [5] And it came to pass, as soon as the
kingdom was confirmed in his hand, that he slew his servants which had slain
the king his father. [6] But the children of the murderers he slew not:
according unto that which is written in the book of the law of Moses, wherein
the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not be put to death for the
children, nor the children be put to death for the fathers; but every man shall
be put to death for his own sin.
[7] He slew of Edom in the valley of salt ten thousand, and took Selah by war,
and called the name of it Joktheel unto this day. [8] Then Amaziah sent
messengers to Jehoash, the son of Jehoahaz son of Jehu, king of Israel, saying,
Come, let us look one another in the face. [9] And Jehoash the king of Israel
sent to Amaziah king of Judah, saying, The thistle that was in Lebanon sent to
the cedar that was in Lebanon, saying, Give thy daughter to my son to wife: and
there passed by a wild beast that was in Lebanon, and trode down the thistle.
[10] Thou hast indeed smitten Edom, and thine heart hath lifted thee up: glory
of this, and tarry at home: for why shouldest thou meddle to thy hurt, that
thou shouldest fall, even thou, and Judah with thee? [11] But Amaziah would not
hear. Therefore Jehoash king of Israel went up; and he and Amaziah king of
Judah looked one another in the face at Beth-shemesh, which belongeth to Judah.
[12] And Judah was put to the worse before Israel; and they fled every man to
their tents.
[13] And Jehoash king of Israel took Amaziah king of Judah, the son of Jehoash
the son of Ahaziah, at Beth-shemesh, and came to Jerusalem, and brake down the
wall of Jerusalem from the gate of Ephraim unto the corner gate, four hundred
cubits.
[14] And he took all the gold and silver, and all the vessels that were found
in the house of the LORD, and in the treasures of the king's house, and
hostages, and returned to Samaria. [15] Now the rest of the acts of Jehoash
which he did, and his might, and how he fought with Amaziah king of Judah, are
they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel? [16] And
Jehoash slept with his fathers, and was buried in Samaria with the kings of
Israel; and Jeroboam his son reigned in his stead. [17] And Amaziah the son of
Joash king of Judah lived after the death of Jehoash son of Jehoahaz king of
Israel fifteen years. [18] And the rest of the acts of Amaziah, are they not
written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah? [19] Now they made
a conspiracy against him in Jerusalem: and he fled to Lachish; but they sent
after him to Lachish, and slew him there. [20] And they brought him on horses:
and he was buried at Jerusalem with his fathers in the city of David.
[21] And all the people of Judah took Azariah, which was sixteen years old, and
made him king instead of his father Amaziah. [22] He built Elath, and restored
it to Judah, after that the king slept with his fathers.
[23] In the fifteenth year of Amaziah the son of Joash king of Judah Jeroboam
the son of Joash king of Israel began to reign in Samaria, and reigned forty
and one years.
[24] And he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD: he departed not
from all the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who made Israel to sin. [25] He
restored the coast of Israel from the entering of Hamath unto the sea of the
plain, according to the word of the LORD God of Israel, which he spake by the
hand of his servant Jonah, the son of Amittai, the prophet, which was of
Gath-hepher.

Jonah 1
[1] Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, [2]
Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness
is come up before me.
[3] But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and
went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare
thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence
of the LORD.
[4] But the LORD sent out a great wind into the sea, and there was a mighty
tempest in the sea, so that the ship was like to be broken. [5] Then the
mariners were afraid, and cried every man unto his god, and cast forth the
wares that were in the ship into the sea, to lighten it of them. But Jonah was
gone down into the sides of the ship; and he lay, and was fast asleep.
[6] So the shipmaster came to him, and said unto him, What meanest thou, O
sleeper? arise, call upon thy God, if so be that God will think upon us, that
we perish not.
[7] And they said every one to his fellow, Come, and let us cast lots, that we
may know for whose cause this evil is upon us. So they cast lots, and the lot
fell upon Jonah.
[8] Then said they unto him, Tell us, we pray thee, for whose cause this evil
is upon us; What is thine occupation? and whence comest thou? what is thy
country? and of what people art thou? [9] And he said unto them, I am an
Hebrew; and I fear the LORD, the God of heaven, which hath made the sea and the
dry land. [10] Then were the men exceedingly afraid, and said unto him, Why
hast thou done this? For the men knew that he fled from the presence of the
LORD, because he had told them.
[11] Then said they unto him, What shall we do unto thee, that the sea may be
calm unto us? for the sea wrought, and was tempestuous. [12] And he said unto
them, Take me up, and cast me forth into the sea; so shall the sea be calm unto
you: for I know that for my sake this great tempest is upon you.
[13] Nevertheless the men rowed hard to bring it to the land; but they could
not: for the sea wrought, and was tempestuous against them. [14] Wherefore they
cried unto the LORD, and said, We beseech thee, O LORD, we beseech thee, let us
not perish for this man's life, and lay not upon us innocent blood: for thou, O
LORD, hast done as it pleased thee. [15] So they took up Jonah, and cast him
forth into the sea: and the sea ceased from her raging.
[16] Then the men feared the LORD exceedingly, and offered a sacrifice unto the
LORD, and made vows.
[17] Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was
in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

Jonah 2
[1] Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, [2] And
said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out
of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice. [3] For thou hadst
cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me
about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me. [4] Then I said, I am cast
out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.
[5] The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round
about, the weeds were wrapped about my head. [6] I went down to the bottoms of
the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou
brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God.
[7] When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in
unto thee, into thine holy temple. [8] They that observe lying vanities forsake
their own mercy. [9] But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of
thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD. [10]
And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.

Jonah 3
[1] And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying, [2]
Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that
I bid thee.
[3] So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD.
Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey. [4] And Jonah
began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty
days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown. [5] So the people of Nineveh believed
God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them
even to the least of them. [6] For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he
arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with
sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
[7] And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the
decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor
flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water: [8] But let man and
beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn
every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.
[9] Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce
anger, that we perish not?
[10] And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God
repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did
it not.

Jonah 4
[1] But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry. [2] And he
prayed unto the LORD, and said, I pray thee, O LORD, was not this my saying,
when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew
that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great
kindness, and repentest thee of the evil. [3] Therefore now, O LORD, take, I
beseech thee, my life from me; for it is better for me to die than to live.
[4] Then said the LORD, Doest thou well to be angry? [5] So Jonah went out of
the city, and sat on the east side of the city, and there made him a booth, and
sat under it in the shadow, till he might see what would become of the city.
[6] And the LORD God prepared a gourd, and made it to come up over Jonah, that
it might be a shadow over his head, to deliver him from his grief. So Jonah was
exceeding glad of the gourd. [7] But God prepared a worm when the morning rose
the next day, and it smote the gourd that it withered.
[8] And it came to pass, when the sun did arise, that God prepared a vehement
east wind; and the sun beat upon the head of Jonah, that he fainted, and wished
in himself to die, and said, It is better for me to die than to live.
[9] And God said to Jonah, Doest thou well to be angry for the gourd? And he
said, I do well to be angry, even unto death. [10] Then said the LORD, Thou
hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured, neither
madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night:
[11] And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than
sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and
their left hand; and also much cattle?

-+-

http://www.christmusic.net - Conservative Christian Music Web Portal

http://www.familyad.com - FamilyNet Advertising Network - Family Oriented