Möte BIBLE, 3563 texter
Skriven 2005-08-01 19:17:48 av Bob Hoffman (8:8/2)
Ärende: Bible Reading for August 02
===================================
From: "Bob Hoffman" <bhoffman@fmlynet.org>

The Book of
Zephaniah
CHAPTER 1
Zephaniah 1:1
1 The word of the LORD which came unto Zephaniah the son of Cushi, the son of
Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hizkiah, in the days of Josiah the son
 of Amon,  king  of Judah.
Zephaniah 1:2
2 I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the LORD.
Zephaniah 1:3
3 I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the
fishes of the sea, and the stumblingblocks with the wicked; and I will cut off
man from off  the land,  saith  the LORD. Zephaniah 1:4
4 I will also stretch out mine hand upon Judah, and upon all the inhabitants of
Jerusalem; and I will cut off the remnant of Baal from this place, and the name
of the Chemarims with the priests; Zephaniah 1:5
5 And them that worship the host of heaven upon the housetops; and them that
worship and that swear by the LORD, and that swear by Malcham; Zephaniah 1:6
6 And them that are turned back from the LORD; and those that have not sought
the LORD, nor enquired for him. Zephaniah 1:7
7 Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD is at
hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests. Zephaniah
1:8
8 And it shall come to pass in the day of the LORD'S sacrifice, that I will
punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such as are clothed with
strange apparel.
Zephaniah 1:9
9 In the same day also will I punish all those that leap on the threshold,
which fill their masters' houses with violence and deceit. Zephaniah 1:10
10 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD, that there shall be
the noise of a cry from the fish gate, and an howling from the second, and a
great crashing from the hills. Zephaniah 1:11
11 Howl, ye inhabitants of Maktesh, for all the merchant people are cut down;
all they that bear silver are cut off. Zephaniah 1:12
12 And it shall come to pass at that time, that I will search Jerusalem with
candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in their
heart, The LORD will not do good, neither will he do evil. Zephaniah 1:13
13 Therefore their goods shall become a booty, and their houses a desolation:
they shall also build houses, but not inhabit them; and they shall plant
vineyards, but not drink the wine thereof. Zephaniah 1:14
14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the
voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry  there bitterly.
Zephaniah 1:15
15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of
wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day  of clouds
and thick darkness,
Zephaniah 1:16
16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the
high towers.
Zephaniah 1:17
17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men,
because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out
as dust, and their flesh as the dung. Zephaniah 1:18
18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day
of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his
jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy  riddance  of all them that dwell  in
the land.
CHAPTER 2
Zephaniah 2:1
1 Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired;
Zephaniah 2:2
2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the
fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD'S anger
come  upon you.
Zephaniah 2:3
3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment;
seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day  of the
LORD'S  anger.
Zephaniah 2:4
4 For Gaza shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall drive out
Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up. Zephaniah 2:5
5 Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast, the nation of the Cherethites! the
word of the LORD is against you; O Canaan, the land of the Philistines, I will
even destroy thee, that there shall be no inhabitant. Zephaniah 2:6
6 And the sea coast shall be dwellings and cottages for shepherds, and folds
for flocks.
Zephaniah 2:7
7 And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah; they shall feed
thereupon: in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie down in the evening: for
the LORD their God shall visit them, and turn away  their captivity.
Zephaniah 2:8
8 I have heard the reproach of Moab, and the revilings of the children of
Ammon, whereby they have reproached my people, and magnified themselves against
their border.
Zephaniah 2:9
9 Therefore as I live, saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Surely Moab
shall be as Sodom, and the children of Ammon as Gomorrah, even the breeding of
nettles,  and saltpits,  and a perpetual  desolation:  the residue  of my
people  shall spoil  them, and the remnant  of my people shall possess  them.
Zephaniah 2:10
10 This shall they have for their pride, because they have reproached and
magnified themselves against the people of the LORD of hosts. Zephaniah 2:11
11 The LORD will be terrible unto them: for he will famish all the gods of the
earth; and men shall worship him, every one from his place, even all the isles
of the heathen.
Zephaniah 2:12
12 Ye Ethiopians also, ye shall be slain by my sword. Zephaniah 2:13
13 And he will stretch out his hand against the north, and destroy Assyria; and
will make Nineveh a desolation, and dry like a wilderness. Zephaniah 2:14
14 And flocks shall lie down in the midst of her, all the beasts of the
nations: both the cormorant and the bittern shall lodge in the upper lintels of
it; their voice shall sing in the windows; desolation  shall be in the
thresholds:  for he shall uncover  the cedar work. Zephaniah 2:15
15 This is the rejoicing city that dwelt carelessly, that said in her heart, I
am, and there is none beside me: how is she become a desolation, a place for
beasts to lie down in! every one that passeth by her shall hiss,  and wag  his
hand.
CHAPTER 3
Zephaniah 3:1
1 Woe to her that is filthy and polluted, to the oppressing city! Zephaniah 3:2
2 She obeyed not the voice; she received not correction; she trusted not in the
LORD; she drew not near to her God. Zephaniah 3:3
3 Her princes within her are roaring lions; her judges are evening wolves; they
gnaw not the bones till the morrow. Zephaniah 3:4
4 Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests have polluted the
sanctuary, they have done violence to the law. Zephaniah 3:5
5 The just LORD is in the midst thereof; he will not do iniquity: every morning
doth he bring his judgment to light, he faileth not; but the unjust knoweth  no
shame.
Zephaniah 3:6
6 I have cut off the nations: their towers are desolate; I made their streets
waste, that none passeth by: their cities are destroyed, so that there is no
man, that there is none inhabitant. Zephaniah 3:7
7 I said, Surely thou wilt fear me, thou wilt receive instruction; so their
dwelling should not be cut off, howsoever I punished them: but they rose early,
and corrupted all their doings. Zephaniah 3:8
8 Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to
the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble
the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation,  even all my fierce anger:
for all the earth  shall be devoured  with the fire  of my jealousy. Zephaniah
3:9
9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call
upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent. Zephaniah 3:10
10 From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my
dispersed, shall bring mine offering. Zephaniah 3:11
11 In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast
transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee
them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my
holy mountain.
Zephaniah 3:12
12 I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and
they shall trust in the name of the LORD. Zephaniah 3:13
13 The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a
deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and
none shall make them afraid. Zephaniah 3:14
14 Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the
heart, O daughter of Jerusalem. Zephaniah 3:15
15 The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the
king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil
any more.
Zephaniah 3:16
16 In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let
not thine hands be slack.
Zephaniah 3:17
17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will
rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee
with singing.
Zephaniah 3:18
18 I will gather them that are sorrowful for the solemn assembly, who are of
thee, to whom the reproach of it was a burden. Zephaniah 3:19
19 Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her
that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise
and fame in every land where they have been put to shame. Zephaniah 3:20
20 At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for
I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn
back your captivity before your eyes, saith  the LORD.

--
http://www.family-bbs.net - web based bbs nntp://www.family-bbs.net - FamilyNet
News Server http://www.fmlynet.org - BBS resource center