Möte CONSPRCY, 899 texter
Skriven 2006-01-12 02:05:46 av Steve Asher (3:800/432.0)
Ärende: (1 of 2) "Laws of Noah"
===============================
"Rabbi Nachman Kahane" makes it clear that the Sanhedrin and the
Noahides scoff at the concept of "original sin", and embrace the
"New Age" concept of (mankind) as "co-creators" with God. With
rejection of "original sin", there is rejection of the need for
salvation, or for a saviour, and the unmerited grace of God through
faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ. The "noahide laws" are
interpreted to reject Christians as idolaters, and Christianity as
blasphemous. The time is very near when their false messiah will
sit in the temple, showing himself to be god, and demanding to be
worshipped as god.

                            -=<*>=-

[Rabbi Nachman Kahane, Av Beit HaDin, spoke in English. "G-d created
a primitive world," he said. "We don't grow loaves of bread, but grain
that must be harvested, ground up and baked. We were meant to be
partners with G-d. Unfortunately, throughout history, perversions of
this idea grew. How can you be G-d's partner if you are damned and
born with original sin?]

Sanhedrin Recognizes Council to Teach Humanity "Laws of Noah"
16:08 Jan 10, '06 / 10 Tevet 5766
By Ezra HaLevi

The ten delegates appeared before a special session of the Jewish High
Court of 71 Rabbis led by its Nassi (President) Rabbi Adin Even-Israel
Steinsaltz. B'nai Noach, literally "Children of Noah," also known as
Noahides, are non-Jews who take upon themselves the Torah's
obligations for all members of the human race. The seven such laws
were passed on via Noah following the Flood, as documented in Genesis
(see below).

The gathering took place under a banner quoting the Biblical passage
in Tzefania 3:9 which refers to "all the nations... speak[ing] a pure
language... proclaim[ing] the name of G-d."

The Noahide delegates stood before the nascent Sanhedrin, which was
reestablished over a year ago in Tiberias, following the renewal of
Biblical ordination, and has met regularly since then. "Each one [of
the B'nai Noach] comes with a name he has made in the world, as a
teacher and example in his community of observance of the seven laws
of Noah," said Rabbi Michael Bar-Ron, the Sanhedrin's emissary who
facilitated the council's organization, introducing the delegates. "At
great physical and financial expense, they have flown across the world
to Jerusalem, the holy city, to pledge before the court and all
mankind, their allegiance to the Seven Laws of Noah, the laws of the
Creator."

Each of the Noahide representatives stood before the Sanhedrin and
pledged:

"I pledge my allegiance to HaShem, G-d of Israel, Creator and King
of the Universe, to His Torah and its representatives, the developing
Sanhedrin. I hereby pledge to uphold the Seven Laws of Noah in all
their details, according to Oral Law of Moses under the guidance of
the developing Sanhedrin. May HaShem bless and aid me, my fellow
council members and all B'nai Noach in all our endeavors for the sake
of His name. Blessed are You G-d, King of the universe, who has caused
me to live, sustained me, and brought me to this day."

Roger Grattan, a council aide who lives in Maine, told Arutz-7 prior
to the ceremony, "I am sure that this will be a paragraph in the
history of civilization, although one could also write books on it.
It is also the fulfillment of prophecy." The core members of the council
are Indian Foreign Relations Coordinator Bud Gill, Billy Jack Dial,
Andrew Overall, Adam Penrod, Jacob Scharff, Chairman Larry Borntrager,
Honorary Noahide Council Elder Vendyl Jones, Tennessee Noahide
Community Head Jack Saunders and Council Speaker Jim Long.

Long addressed the rabbis of the court, requesting formal recognition
of the Noahide Council: "Your honor, esteemed rabbis of the developing
Sanhedrin. We are here because of your Torah. Rabbis before you
elevated the Torah and it drew us in; before that, we stumbled in
darkness. Everyone here today can tell you that in the past we have
experienced the need to consolidate our efforts to make the world
aware of the truth."

Rabbi Even-Israel Steinsaltz, on behalf of the Sanhedrin, replied: "We
hereby recognize these men as the first high council of B'nai Noach in
accordance with the conditions they have accepted upon themselves."

Rabbi Steinsaltz spoke about the role of the Jewish people in bringing
the Laws of Noah to the world:

"I am part of this Jewish family and I have nothing bad to say about
that family, but you don't go up to a man on the street and ask him to
join your family. Instead you talk to him about joining the true
belief in the Creator and about implementing divine justice toward his
fellow man. We are setting up a global mission here u not to recruit
people, but to bring them to the realization that there is one G-d."

The Nassi explained that this aspect of Judaism lay dormant for years,
as the Jewish people dealt with remaining alive and keeping the Torah
in the exile.

Rabbi Steinsaltz called for an extensive project to be undertaken to
help B'nai Noah in the nitty-gritty details of the observance of the
religion. "A Shulhan Arukh [Jewish Law Code] for B'nai Noah must be
written so that the individual can have guidance as to what to do,"
Steinzaltz said, referring to the compendium of practical Jewish law
written by Rabbi Yosef Karo of Tzfat in the 1560's that is still used
today.

He then addressed the ten B'nai Noah representatives, who had endured
hours of Hebrew speeches throughout the day, in English:

"There are those people, so far only a small number, who say, 'We are
bound by the covenant of Adam and the covenant of Noah and we know we
have to perform and fulfill our obligations.' We, as Jews, have the
same religion as you.

"Within the nation of Israel there is one tribe that deals with the
Temple u the priests. We Jews are a specific tribe in the world that
was chosen to be a tribe of priests u hereditary priests. Because of
this we have special duties. Being a priest does not mean we are cut
off from the other people. While the people of the world are all
different units in the armies of the Lord, we are a special commando
unit that maybe doesn't get paid more, but has special assignments
that may be more dangerous."

Rabbi Even-Israel spoke about the difficulties that would confront the
B'nai Noah movement as it grows:
"When we are speaking in general, almost every human being can more or
less accept the laws of Noah, but when we get to particulars we will
come to serious points, at which we disagree with Christianity and
Islam.

"It is one thing when a religion is small, but as it gets bigger there
will be huge pressures. We will be there beside you. We are members of
the same religion that was given by the Almighty to humanity. Part of
it was given to the Jews and part of it was given to humanity as a
whole."

The Nassi added that while there are those who doubt the ability of
the Sanhedrin to be more than an idea leading up to the true
reestablished court, the Noahide Council cannot be doubted or
criticized due to its pure motives and unprecedented mission.

Rabbi Yaakov Ariel of the Temple Institute said that although Tuesday
is the Fast of the Tenth of Tevet, which commemorates the beginning of
the destruction, "Our sitting in Jerusalem now, alongside B'nai Noach,
demonstrates the revival and the fulfillment of the words of the
prophets." Rabbi Ariel told those gathered that he had seen a rainbow
that morning, "the closest thing to seeing Noah himself - the symbol
of the covenant between G-d and humanity as witnessed by Noah."

Famed archaeologist and Noahide leader Vendyl Jones addressed a
festive banquet held for the Council members, speaking about the Seven
Laws of Noah. He explained, in detail, the verses in the first eleven
chapters of Genesis from which the seven laws are elucidated, saying
that he always understood the first six, but never understood the law
proscribing the eating of a limb of a living animal - until he
remembered his cattle-branding days in Texas: "We would brand and
castrate the cattle when I was young, and at night we would all sit
around the campfire and eat what they called 'mountain oysters'" u the
testicles of the still-living animals.

Rabbi Nachman Kahane, Av Beit HaDin, spoke in English. "G-d created a
primitive world," he said. "We don't grow loaves of bread, but grain
that must be harvested, ground up and baked. We were meant to be
partners with G-d. Unfortunately, throughout history, perversions of
this idea grew. How can you be G-d's partner if you are damned and
born with original sin? How can you be a partner of G-d if your
religion tells you to send your children to shopping malls to blow
people up? What we are creating today is a reconnection between the
people and G-d. G-d is saying to humanity u everyone has a job. I
happen to be a priest - I have a particular task for when the Temple
is built - but all of us have a specific task just the same; I am no
better."

Jones told Kahane that his brother, slain Knesset Member Rabbi Meir
Kahane, together with Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach, had organized one of
the first conferences for B'nai Noah nearly 20 years ago.

/CONT/

---
 * Origin: Xaragmata / Adelaide SA telnet://xaragmata.thebbs.org (3:800/432)