Möte CONSPRCY, 899 texter
Skriven 2006-05-17 23:50:08 av Steve Asher (3:800/432.0)
    Kommentar till text 673 av George Pope (1:153/715.1275)
Ärende: Iran Poised To Strike?
==============================
Mulling over George Pope to Steve Asher 16 May 2006

Hi George,

 SA> Indicators observed by independent Iran watchers during the past
 SA> week are raising the question that nuclear-seeking Iran is not merely
 SA> playing a serious game of brinkmanship, but is actually preparing to
 SA> strike at Israel, European and US interests.

 GP> Well, no shit, eh?  Hitler stated right up front what he was up to,
 GP> and everyone thought, "oh, no, he can't be serious."

Hitler, if I understand correctly, did go through the motions of holding
a plebiscite when he annexed Austria, and did set out in his delusion to
bring about a 1000 year reich. Intelligence services & governments at least
had to go through the motions of guessing what his real intentions were.
Ahmadinejad isn't hiding his intentions - to defeat Israel and the West,
and now reported to be promising "the end of history in two or three years".

 GP> Now the Iranian leader is parrotting almost exactly the same
 GP> sentiments, and the world is just as stupidly benign about it!

Well, he isn't making any attempt to hide his sentiments, so the West
responds by .... attacking Iraq, so that Iran can go through it, rather
than around, when the time comes for it to attack Israel.

 GP> When megalomaniacs threaten to kill, they MEAN it!

Especially when their "god" is urging them on.

But, as Bush and others keep telling us, Islam is a noble religion,
which has been hijacked by a few evil-doers and terrorists. Do not
take them seriously when they seek to establish a global Caliphate
under Sharia Law, or when the Islamic Bookshop in Lakemba sells
books on how to wire yourself up with explosives for jihad ... its
only freedom of speech, and they don't intend any harm ... jihad
is just some sort of waffly feel-good inner struggle .... and so on.

Muslim 'books of hate' get OK
By Kelvin Bissett and Angela Kamper

May 15, 2006

BOOKS of hate promoting suicide bombings, anti-Australian conspiracies
and racism can be freely sold in the Muslim community after a ruling
that they don't breach sedition laws.

The material, found by The Daily Telegraph in bookstores in the Sydney
suburbs of Lakemba and Auburn last year, was judged by federal
authorities not to incite violence in the first known test of anti-
terrorism laws.

Police Commissioner Ken Moroney said last night he felt uneasy about
the continuing threat posed by such material remaining on the streets.

But he said NSW Police would abide by the "qualified and considered
legal opinion" offered by the Commonwealth Director of Public
Prosecutions and Australian Federal Police.

The ruling comes despite British police establishing strong links
between three of the suicide bombers involved in the July 7 London
blasts and an Islamic bookstore in Leeds.

There have also been links in Australia between the suburbs where
these books were on sale and alleged terrorist plots here.

One of the books, Defence of the Muslim Lands, carried an endorsement
from Osama bin Laden on its back cover and promoted "wiring up one's
body" with explosives for "martyrdom or self-sacrifice operations".

The Criminal West, written by Australian Muslim Omar Hassan, claimed
to be called Australian was something to be ashamed of and Western
culture is the culture of wolves, injustice and racism.

It also claims Australian police are rapists who bash young boys and
spoke of a conspiracy involving politicians to turn young Muslims into
drug addicts.

The Ideological Attack claims there was a barbaric onslaught against
Muslims by Jews, Christians and atheists.

AFP spokeswoman Rebecca Goddard said the Commonwealth DPP found no
offence had been committed under last year's anti-terrorism Bill.

Ms Goddard also said the AFP judged the books are not in breach of
either the Commonwealth Criminal Code or NSW Crimes Acts 1900.

The AFP analysed the material in context "relative to the time the
books were written and the fact that some of the material could be
described as descriptive, rather than inciting any type of violence",
she said.

"No action will be taken by the AFP against individuals who possess
copies of the 'books of hate' or sell them," she added yesterday.

A spokeswoman for Federal Attorney-General Phillip Ruddock said the
minister was aware of the ruling.

She said the material was hardly "inclusive" but the minister accepted
the judgment of the AFP.

The spokeswoman said the books did not meet the strict test of
inciting violence - and offered this as proof that the laws were not a
threat to freedom of speech.

"The test is, does it advocate the use of force or violence, and on
this occasion the AFP and NSW Police with the DPP have deemed the
material does not," she said.

Other material analysed included the video Jihad or Terrorism by
firebrand cleric Khalid Yasin.

Another item, an audio cassette called Da'Wah in The West, includes a
speech by Ali al-Tamimi, who was sentenced to life in prison in the US
last year for soliciting others to wage war.

NSW Jewish Board of Deputies chief Vic Alhadeff said: "While freedom
of speech is one of the cornerstones of our society, so is the right
to live in peace."

The Islamic Bookstore at Lakemba, which sold Defence of the Muslim
Lands, would not say whether it would sell the books again.

Source: "News Corporation"
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,19135041-2,00.html

Cheers, Steve..

---
 * Origin: Xaragmata / Adelaide SA telnet://xaragmata.thebbs.org (3:800/432)