Skriven 2006-08-20 12:13:04 av Carol Shenkenberger (6:757/1)
   Kommentar till text 4486 av Dale Shipp (1:261/1466.0)
Ärende: Re: Hello
=================
*** Quoting Dale Shipp from a message to Bj*Rn Forsstr*M ***

 DS>   No need to appologize -- just keep reminding us that you are Carina,
 DS>   not Bj*rn :-}}

 BF> Do you have something against me?   :-)    (Bj*rn)
DS>
DS>    Not at all -- we welcome you both.  But we do like to know who we a
DS>    talking with.

Snicker, remember when Hawaii Ruth used to post as Steve?  Been a few years but
it caused only rare confusions.

 BF> Janssons Frestelse?

 BF> Carina

DS>  I just checked our data base and found a copy.  Is the version you ma
DS>  like this one?  We've not tried it.   Many folks would find the
DS>  anchovies a bit of a strong flavor for them.

Ohh I love that one!  Saved it.  We have a local canned type of anchovie that's
absolutely butter-soft-licious and quite stronger than the normal ones yet
less salty.

DS>       Title: Jansson's Frestelse (Jansson's Temptation)
DS>  Categories: Vegetable, Side dish, Swedish, Casserole
DS>       Yield: 4 servings
DS>
DS>       7 md Boiling potatoes; peeled &
DS>            -cut into 2" X 1/4" strips

Satsumo Ito would work here I think.

DS>   2 1/2 tb Butter
DS>       2 tb Vegetable oil
DS>       2 lg (to 3) yellow onions; thinly
DS>            -sliced (4 cups)

I'll have to use red ones.  Yellow is out of season.  Using sesame oil or olive
as havent got any other types handy.

DS>      16    Flat anchovy fillets;drained

I'd tell you the name on the can I have, but i cant read it.  Same thing
though.  I'd use the oil from the can for much of the oil called for and make
up the rest with olive or sesame oils.

DS>            White pepper
DS>       2 tb Fine dry bread crumbs
DS>       2 tb Butter; cut into 1/4" bits
DS>       1 c  Heavy cream
DS>     1/2 c  Milk

Humm, problem.  No heavy cream here.  Got some evaporated milk in a can though
and that normally works.

Oh, to continue the 'fun local thing', {blush} didnt post more as i got kinda
tied up with the fun then Don was waggling his eyebrows at me once we had the
place to ourselves for a whole night.  Anyways, it went off really well.  We
staged all the food at Elise's then came over as a group right at 5pm with all
the dishes and wisked off the kids to the peels of her husband laughing while
some 10 folks trooped in with little food dishes.  Clarissa and Charlotte
brought up the back of the bunch with a bottle of nice white wine (we'd have
made it champange but no one had any and the mini-mart was out) and a baby
food jar made pretty with ribbons, filled with scented bubble bath.

The kids were all in kahoots so packed and ready to go, and we told'em they
wouldnt be back until noon at the earliest.  In fact, the girls arent back yet
except Charlotte came in around 10 or so to borrow more makeup stuff and my
favorite orange sequined shoes for a 'dressup party'.

Don's out fixing one of the boy's bikes (he's gotten quite handy at that over
the years here with mine). They had to troop to the base for new tires and i
can see him out there from our balcony, putting them on while the kid's Dad
watches and hands him tools.  The other boys are zipping about and tossing a
frisbie.  They move pretty fast so not sure but looks like 7 of them?

Anyways, life in the simple-zone!

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Dinner Rolls
 Categories: Breadmaker
      Yield: 1 Batch

MMMMM--------------------------1 1/2 LB-------------------------------
    3/4 c  Water (For welbilt/dak
           Machines, add 2 tb more)
      1    Egg
      3 c  All purpose flour
  1 1/2 ts Salt
      3 tb Butter or Marg
      3 tb Sugar
      3 tb Dry milk
      1 tb Gluten
  2 1/4 ts Red Star Active Yeast
      2 tb Melted butter to
           Brush on rolls
           Before cooking

MMMMM----------------------------1 LB---------------------------------
    1/2 c  Water (for Welbilt machine
           Add 1 tb more water)
      1    Egg
      2 c  All purpose flour
      1 ts Salt
      2 tb Melted butter
      1 tb Sugar
      2 ts Gluten
      2 tb Dry milk powder
  1 1/2 ts Red Star Active Dry Yeast
      2 tb Melted butter for topping

  For my Hitachi:  Have all ingredients at room temperature.  I
  microwave the water and butter for approx. 50 sec on high, then stir
  in the egg to warm it as well.

  Place ingredients in machine in order suggested by manufacturer.
  Select dough cycle.  At end of dough cycle, remove dough and turn out
  onto a lightly floured board (or counter top)  Cover with cloth and
  let rest 10 minutes.

  For 1 1/2 loaf, divide into 16 pieces of dough. For 1 lb loaf, divide
  into 12 pieces of dough.  Form each piece into a ball and place in a
  9x13 pan for large recipe, or 9 inch square or round pan for the
  smaller recipe.

  Hint:  On a cool day you can preheat oven at 140 for 1 mins, turn
  oven off. Place covered rolls in oven and let rise until doubled (30
  to 45 minutes)

  After dough has doubled, remove pan from oven keep covered and then
  preheat the oven to 400.

  Brush rolls with melted butter:  Bake 15 - 17 minutes or until golden
  brown.  Remove and cool on rack.

  Bread Machine Magic

  == Courtesy of Dale & Gail Shipp, Columbia Md. ==

  Converted by MMCONV vers. 1.50

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Raisin Banana Bread
 Categories: Breadmaker
      Yield: 1 Loaf

MMMMM----------------------1 1/2 POUND LOAF---------------------------
    3/4 c  Plus 2 tb water
      3 c  Flour
    1/2 c  Mashed banana
      2 tb Packed brown sugar
  1 1/2 ts Salt
      1 ts Cinnamon
      2 ts Yeast
    1/3 c  Raisins

MMMMM------------------------2 POUND LOAF-----------------------------
      1 c  Water
      4 c  Flour
    2/3 c  Mashed banana
      2 tb Packed brown sugar
      2 ts Salt
      1 ts Cinnamon
      2 ts Yeast
    2/3 c  Raisins

MMMMM---------------------------GLAZE--------------------------------
    1/2 c  Powdered sugar
      1 ts Or 2 ts milk
           Dash of ground cinnamon

  Select Sweet or White cycle.  Place all ingredient in pan except
  glaze and raisins.  At beep add raisins.  Do not use delay cycles.
  Calories 150 0g of fat 2 gr of fiber. Note I do not use the glaze and
  this makes great french toast for your children.

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Rye Bread
 Categories: Breadmaker, Cheap
      Yield: 1 Servings

      1 c  Water
  2 1/2 tb Butter
  2 1/4 c  White flour
    3/4 c  Rye flour
      2 tb Sugar
  1 1/2 ts Salt
      3 ts Yeast

  Set breadmaker to Normal or French

MMMMM

OOPS!
                                       xxcarol

--- Telegard v3.09.g2-sp4
 * Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS, Sasebo Japan 81-6160-527330 (6:757/1)