Skriven 2006-04-07 15:54:50 av mark lewis (1:3634/12)
Ärende: MSG: Things you should know...
======================================
The following article was forwarded to me and I thought that you might like to
see it.

Subject: MSG - The Slow Poisoning Of America (and Canada)
MSG Hides Behind 25+ Names, Such As 'Natural Flavouring'
MSG Is Also In Your Favorite Coffee Shops And Drive-Ups

Is there an actual chemical causing the massive obesity epidemic ?

John Erb, a research assistant at the University of Waterloo in Ontario,
Canada, and spent years working for the government.

He made an amazing discovery while going through scientific journals for a book
he was writing called "The Slow Poisoning of America".

In hundreds of studies around the world, scientists were creating obese mice
and rats to use in diet or diabetes test studies. No strain of rat or mice is
naturally obese, so the scientists have to create them. They make these
morbidly obese creatures by injecting them with MSG when they are first born.
The MSG triples the amount of insulin the pancreas creates; causing rats (and
humans?) to become obese. They even have a title for the fat rodents they
create: "MSG-Treated Rats".

MSG is in everything: amongst many items, the Campbell's soups, the Hostess
Doritos, the Lays flavoured potato chips, Top Ramen, Betty Crocker Hamburger
Helper, Heinz canned gravy, Swanson frozen prepared meals, Kraft salad
dressings, especially the 'healthy low fat' ones.

The items that didn't have MSG marked on the product label had something called
"Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein", which is just another name for Monosodium
Glutamate.

It is shocking to see just how many of the foods that are filled with this
stuff are consumed everyday. MSG hides under many different names in order to
fool those who carefully read the ingredient list, so they don't catch on.
(Other names for MSG: 'Accent' - 'Aginomoto' - 'Natural Meet Tenderizer', etc).
MSG and Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein is everywhere:

Burger King

McDonalds

Wendy's

Taco Bell

And every restaurant like: TGIF, Chilis', Applebee's and Denny's use MSG in
abundance.

Kentucky Fried Chicken seems to be the WORST offender: MSG was in EVERY chicken
dish, salad dressing and gravy. No wonder we love to eat that coating on the
skin, their secret spice is MSG.

So, why is MSG in so may of the foods we eat?

Is it a preservative or a vitamin?? Not according to John. In the book he
wrote, an expose of the food additive industry called "The Slow Poisoning of
America" he said that MSG is added to food for the addictive effect it has on
the human body. http://www.spofamerica.com

Even the propaganda website sponsored by the food manufacturers lobby group
supporting MSG at: http://www.msgfactscom/facts/msgfact12.html explains that
the reason they add it to food is to make people EAT MORE OF THEIR PRODUCTS.

A study of the elderly showed that people eat more of the foods it is added to.
The Glutamate Association lobby group says eating more benefits the elderly,
but what does it do to the rest of us? 'Betcha can't eat just one', takes on a
whole new meaning where MSG is concerned! And we wonder why the nation is
overweight?

The MSG manufacturers themselves admit that it addicts people to their
products. It makes people choose their product over others, and makes people
eat more of it than they would if MSG wasn't added.

Not only is MSG scientifically proven to cause obesity, it is an addictive
substance! Since its introduction into the American food supply fifty years
ago, MSG has been added in larger and larger doses to the pre-packaged meals,
soups, snacks and fast foods we are tempted to eat everyday. The FDA has set no
limits on how much of it can be added to food. They claim it's safe to eat in
any amount. How can they claim it safe when there are hundreds of scientific
studies with titles like these? :-

'The monosodium glutamate (MSG) obese rat as a model for the study of exercise
in obesity'. GobattoCA, Mello MA, Souza CT, Ribeiro IA.Res Commun Mol Pathol
Pharmacol. 2002.

'Adrenalectomy abolishes the food-induced hypothalamic serotonin release in
both normal and monosodium glutamate-obese rats'. Guimaraes RB, Telles MM,
Coelho VB, Mori C, Nascimento CM, Ribeiro Brain Res Bull. 2002 Aug.

'Obesity induced by neonatal monosodium glutamate treatment in spontaneously
hypertensive rats: an animal model of multiple risk factors'. Iwase M, Yamamoto
M, Iino K, IchikawaK, Shinohara N, Yoshinari Fujishima Hypertens Res. 1998 Mar.

'Hypothalamic lesion induced by injection of monosodium glutamate in suckling
period and subsequent development of obesity'. Tanaka K, Shimada M, Nakao K,
Kusunoki Exp Neurol. 1978 Oct.

Yes, that last study was not a typo, it WAS written in 1978. Both the "medical
research community" and "food manufacturers" have known about MSG's side
effects for decades! Many more studies mentioned in John Erb's book link MSG to
Diabetes, Migraines and headaches, Autism, ADHD and even Alzheimer's. But what
can we do to stop the food manufactures from dumping fattening and addictive
MSG into our food supply and causing the obesity epidemic we now see?

Even as you read this, G. W. Bush and his corporate supporters are pushing a
Bill through Congress called the "Personal Responsibility in Food Consumption
Act" also known as the "Cheeseburger Bill", this sweeping law bans anyone from
suing food manufacturers, sellers and distributors. Even if it comes out that
they purposely added an addictive chemical to their foods. Read about it for
yourself at: http://www.yahoo.com. The Bill has already been rushed through the
House of Representatives, and is due for the same rubber stamp at Senate level.
It is important that Bush and his corporate supporters get it through before
the media lets everyone know about 'MSG, the intentional Nicotine for food'.

Several months ago, John Erb took his book and his concerns to one of the
highest government health officials in Canada. While sitting in the Government
office, the official told him "Sure, I know how bad MSG is, I wouldn't touch
the stuff." But this top level government official refused to tell the public
what he knew.

The big media doesn't want to tell the public either, fearing legal issues with
their advertisers. It seems that the fallout on fast food industry may hurt
their profit margin. The food producers and restaurants have been addicting us
to their products for years, and now we are paying the price for it. Us and our
children should not be cursed with obesity caused by an addictive food
additive.

What can  we do to stop the poisoning of our children, while our governments
are insuring financial protection for the industry that is poisoning us.

This e-mail is going out to everyone in an attempt to tell you the truth that
the corporate owned politicians and media won't tell you. The best way you can
help to save yourself and your children from this drug-induced epidemic, is to
forward this email to everyone. With any luck, it will circle the globe before
politicians can pass the legislation protecting those who are poisoning us. The
food industry learned a lot from the tobacco industry. Imagine if big tobacco
had a bill like this in place before someone blew the whistle on Nicotine?

If you are one of the few who can still believe that MSG is good for us, and
you don't believe what John Erb has to say, see for yourself. Go to the
National Library of Medicine, at http://www.pubmed.com. Type in the words "MSG
Obese" and read a few of the 115 medical studies that appear.

We the public, do not want to be rats in one giant experiment and we do not
approve of food that makes us into a nation of obese, lethargic, addicted
sheep, feeding the food industry's bottom line, while waiting for the heart
transplant, diabetic induced amputation, blindness or other obesity induced,
life threatening disorders. With your help we can put an end to this poison. Do
your part in sending this message out by word of mouth, e-mail or by
distribution of this print-out to all your friends all over the world and stop
this 'Slow Poisoning of Mankind' by the packaged food industry.

Blowing the whistle on MSG is our responsibility, get the word out.

Thelma McGrew

END

 * Origin: (1:3634/12)