Skriven 2009-10-22 11:57:16 av hap newsom (1:124/311)
     Kommentar till en text av Ruth Haffly
Ärende: RE: DR's appt.
======================
Ahoy Ruth!
->
-> ->  hn> I like to use film as well, and I plan on
-> ->  hn> doing more film work this year...all I need
-> ->  hn> to do is find the time to do it (grin)
->
-> -> I know you use it for some of your professional work.  Finding the time
-> -> to do it is the hard part; I don't think I was in the sewing room even
-> -> an hour last week.
->
->  hn> Most of my film work now is personal,
->  hn> most of my professional clients want
->  hn> instant gratification of digital.
->
-> Interesting, how the shift has been made.  One of the first things
-> Robert picked up on when he was about 2 was that he could see the
-> picture that Aunty or Mommy just took on the back of the camera.  He'd
-> scoot over to whoever took the picture and ask to "see back".
->
Yep that's the instant gratification syndrome.
Most customers have it wors than Robert does (grin)

-> ->  hn> Popular just might win!
->
-> -> Yes, it's a colorful one, tastes good and doesn't numb your mouth.  It
-> -> would probably win "People's Choice" in most competitions.
->
->  hn> I like a good hot chili, but there's no
->  hn> sense in preparing a dish that folks
->  hn> won't enjoy,
->
-> Nope, that's why we developed the recipe we did.
->
Same here. Though I have whole books of
great chili recipes!

->  every so often I'll make
->  hn> a batch "just for me" and freeze what
->  hn> I don't eat, but for the most part I make
->  hn> a fairly mild chili that Anne can enjoy, and
->  hn> she does enjoy it!
->
-> I'll make chili for us a bit hotter than what I take out.  Then Steve
-> will add to that to make it as hot as he wants.
->
That's what I usually do.

-> ->  hn> taken a pain pill and it's knocking me out.
->
-> -> So she's seen you knocked out quite a bit over the past week.  Helps
-> -> your body recover.
->
->  hn> She's seen her share of it, yesterday I slept
->  hn> sitting on the couch for 2 hours  before she
->  hn> woke me up to let me know it was bedtime.
->
-> Wake up; it's time for your sleeping pill. (G)
->
That's about the size of it!

-> -> -> injury.  It never came back fully, enough to walk on it tho which was
-> -> -> something the doctor wasn't sure I would do.
->
-> ->  hn> And you're still using it with some degree
-> ->  hn> of success!
->
-> -> Yes, even tho I can't bend it beyond 90 degrees or kneel on it, I can
-> -> still walk on it.
->
->  hn> I'd call that success!
->
-> So would I.  Same thing with the wrists; one doctor wanted to fuse then
-> in 1993.  Another said "Let's see what we can do...." and even tho use
-> is limited, I do have some flex to them.
->
I'm hoping to have 100% recovery
but I'll be satisfied with whatever I
end up with...not much else to do
anyway.

-> ->  hn> We are about 20 minutes away, all by city streets.
->
-> -> Easy.  We're about 17 minutes, no matter which way we go.  Had a
check
-> -> up on Friday, and a pneumonia shot for me.  Our new doctor is really
-> -> good--she checked out all the specialty work I'd gone for in July &
-> -> August, took extra time with Steve to figure out what med for him to
use
-> -> for his cholesterol, etc, etc.  We're both very happy with her.
->
->  hn> It's good to have a doc you can
->  hn> feel secure with!
->
-> Yes, she's the complete opposite of the first one we saw when we first
-> got here.  He'd closer but Steve and I both were totally not happy with
-> his "bedside manner".
->
Yep.

->
-> -> OK, do you make your own teriyaki sauce or do you buy it?  I've seen
-> -> quite a few different recipes for it over the years, tried some but left
-> -> others alone for what went into them.
->
->  hn> I used to make my own but since
->  hn> it's a sweet sauce I usually buy a
->  hn> smaller bottle when I get the urge
->  hn> these days.  My recipe was a pretty
->  hn> basic one I picked up in Hawaii.
->
->  hn> 1/cup shoyu, 1/2 cup sugar (Cane!!)
->  hn> 1/4 tsp MSG (or dash salt instead)
->  hn> 3 TBS aji mirin, 1 clove garlic (crushed)
->  hn> 1-2" piece of ginger crushed or
->  hn> grated. For some variations you can
->  hn> add a bit of sesame oil (roasted)
->  hn> or a coupld of tablespoons of miso
->  hn> for a "richer" sauce. I usully used
->  hn> less sugar than the recipe called for
->  hn> and sometime more ginger as well.
->
-> OK, pretty much along the lines of a lot I've seen. I'd sub for or leave
-> out the mirin, maybe rice vinegar and cut down on the sugar  but very
-> do-able.
->
If you leave out the mirin, rice wine vinegar will work,
but if you do that don't cut the sugar quite as much.

chat with you soon!
hap

--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v3.0pr5a
 * Origin: FidoTel & QWK on the Web! www.fidotel.com (1:124/311)