Skriven 2014-03-20 16:26:18 av Ruth Haffly (1:396/45.28)
  Kommentar till text 11034 av Nancy Backus (1:261/1381.0)
Ärende: Italian etc 10
======================
Hi Nancy,

 NB> year for the first  NB>> time went with the direct deposit into a bank
 NB> account... it worked ok,  NB>> so we did it again this year...  ;)

 RH> So maybe you'll try e-filing in a few more years?

 NB> Who knows...  ;)  I'm the one that does the work on them, crunches the
 NB> numbers, figures out the forms and all...  he's the one that does
 NB> things online, to whatever extent that happens... and neither of us
 NB> does anything like banking online.  So we're just a bit resistant
 there... ;)

Understandable, some people are more comfortable with doing it with
paper and others with electrons. Choose whichever method you feel better
about and be glad there is an alternative, should you decide to try it.

 RH> We had to have ours direct deposited when we had it done thru the
 RH> army, just stayed with that when Steve started e-filing on his own.
 RH> I needed a specific POA to cash the checks one time when Steve was
 RH> in the States (and would be for several more months) and I was in
 RH> Germany. The checks were only good for 30 days too. After that, we
 RH> went with direct deposit.

 NB> That was a bummer of a situation...  What's kept us from getting
 NB> direct deposit in the past is that we don't have joint accounts, and
 NB> the checks have been made out to both of us...  Recently, their rules
 NB> appear to
 NB> have changed, and deposits can go to either one's account, as long as
 NB> the bank doesn't have any qualms about it... our bank (credit union,
 NB> actually) is fine with it.  Last year, I called them before we tried
 NB> setting it up, just to make sure that it wouldn't be an issue...  :)

We've dealt primarily with a credit union here in NC since 1980--talked
about changing it when we got to our first duty station but never did.
The PX does have a bank connected with it; I was trying to use that one
instead of the one not associated with the store, which, in hindsight,
might have been more co-operative. But, all's well that ends well--I was
able to get it taken care of--eventually.

 NB>  RH>>>> stop at the Steam Valley Inn (Trout Run exit) for supper on
 NB> our  RH>> Some day you may go thru at meal time and remember this
 NB> chat. (G)  NB>> Good possibility...  ;)

 RH> Talked to my Dad, told him we're going to come up after Steve gets
 RH> driving OK. We'll go to western NY first so will go thru that area
 RH> but don't know if it'll be at meal time or not. We'll probably visit
 RH> our friends in central PA, then head up to NY.

 NB> We'll hope he gets that driving OK soon... :)

As of earlier this afternoon, still spinning our wheels. DMV has the
paperwork; we're waiting for them to act on it.

 RH> No, and I know the quality of Wegmans. Every so often at the farmer's
 RH> market here I'll see somebody (else) with a Wegmans shopping bag and
 RH> we'll discuss western NY connections. Understand, according to Weather
 RH> Underground, there's quite the storm in that area right now.

 NB> Wednesday we did have quite the storm... I think the most snowfall in
 NB> a single storm yet this season... I was laughing, since we finally
 NB> were
 NB> having the sort of storm that Maryland has had at least two of
 NB> already, while we've only been getting much smaller amounts at a
 NB> time...  ;)

Hopefully you were well stocked on groceries and didn't have to go out
for vitals.

 NB> Even funnier... the next day, we had temps in the 50's, also very
 NB> MDish after a major storm... less common here, of course...  :)  It
 NB> wasn't too terrible for us, but it came at a bad time for Janis,
 NB> having computer
 NB> problems at the same time...  Which of course made for the slowdown in
 NB> Fido until she was back up and running...  ;)

I know, we had the slow down. Deborah and boys left this morning--today
the weather is the best since Saturday, warm and sunny. Sunday thru
yesterday were cold, rainy, icy, etc so we did more indoor things,
including having a lot of kid friendly DVDs on the tv. Steve did get
both a pork shoulder and a corned beef smoked (former turned into kalua
pork, latter, pastrami) even tho the weather was bad.

 NB>  RH>> My MIL sent me a Publix recipe for sausage in alfredo sauce &
 NB> penne  RH>> pasta I'll try next week. I'll make my own alfredo
 NB> tho--looked at the  RH>> commercial and saw a list of chemicals way
 NB> too long for my liking.  NB>> Sounds good...  :)

 RH> It was, even tho my alfredo sauce didn't turn out that great. I'll try
 RH> it again but not rush the sauce making.

 NB> Trickier than it seemed, eh...?   :)

Not really, I just didn't give it the attention I should have. Kept the
heat a bit too low so the cheese didn't melt like it should have. But,
it still tasted good.

---
Catch you later,
Ruth
rchaffly{at}earthlink{dot}net  FIDO 1:396/45.28

... Get shopping while the gettin' is good!!!

--- PPoint 3.01
 * Origin: Sew! That's My Point (1:396/45.28)