Skriven 2014-10-05 08:34:36 av Dave Drum (1:261/38)
Ärende: BH+G 1470
=================
MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

      Title: Fred's Ultimate Smoked Pork Shoulder
 Categories: Pork, Marinades
      Yield: 14 servings

      1 tb Paprika
      1 tb Sugar
      1 tb (ea) salt & black pepper
      1 ts Fresh ground white pepper
      1 ts Granulated garlic
      1 ts Dry mustard
      7 lb Bone-in Boston butt
      1 c  Prepared Cuban mojo
           - marinade; strained *
      8 c  Hickory or apple wood chips;
           - soaked in water for at
           - least 1 hour
           Your favorite barbecue
           - sauce

  * I prefer Nellie and Joe's brand

  Mix the paprika, sugar, salt, both peppers, granulated
  garlic, and mustard together in a small bowl. Rub this
  mixture all over the pork. Wrap in plastic wrap and
  refrigerate overnight. (I like to reserve a tablespoon or
  more of this rub before using it on the pork so that I can
  sprinkle the finished pulled pork with it.)

  At least 1-1/2 hours before you plan to put the pork on,
  remove it from the refrigerator. Take an injection syringe
  and pull the mojo up into the tube. Plunge the injector
  into the pork and then slowly push in the mojo as you move
  the needle back toward you and out of the meat. You want
  to do it this way so that you don't have these huge
  puddles and so that the mojo is more evenly distributed.
  Repeat this several more times at random spots until the
  mojo is gone.

  Oil the grill racks. Preheat your grill using all burners
  set on high and with the lid closed for 10 to 12 minutes.

  When the grill is hot, cut off the center or back burner
  and adjust your heat to medium-high.

  Drain the wood chips. If your grill is equipped with a
  smoke box, fill it with the chips. If not, divide your
  wood chips among six foil packets, and place one packet at
  one end of the grill while it preheats. When the grill is
  ready, cut off all but one burner and turn it to low.
  Place the pork away from the direct heat. Place a
  disposable 9x13-inch aluminum pan opposite the smoke
  source and fill the pan halfway with water. If your grill
  has a smoke box with its own separate burner, cut off all
  the burners except that one and turn it to low. Cover the
  grill and go drink a beer.

  Typically, smoking chips or even chunks will last 15 to 20
  minutes. The pork will gather most of its smoke flavor in
  the first 2 hours of cooking. Every 20 minutes, working as
  quickly as you can to keep the smoke from escaping,replace
  your smoke packet or the chips in the smoker box and add
  water to the aluminum pan if necessary. When you've used
  all the chips, try not to open the grill again until the
  barbecue is close to being done, which will take 4 to 5
  hours longer. The best clue that the barbecue is done is
  to take a pair of tongs and grab the flat bone that runs
  through the center of the meat. If it moves easily or you
  can pull it out, then the pork is done. Sometimes in windy
  conditions or when it's cold, it can take up to 7 hours
  for a shoulder to magically become barbecue. The internal
  temperature should be 180 degrees F to 190 degrees F.

  When you've determined that the barbecue is ready, pull it
  off the grill into a large roasting pan and let rest for
  about 20 minutes. Then with forks or tongs, begin to pull
  the meat so that it comes off in stringy chunks. Separate
  out the skin and as much fat as you desire. Any of the
  outside brown, which is crispy, should be set aside and
  finely chopped, then stirred back into the meat. You can
  leave the barbecue pulled as it comes off the shoulder, or
  you can chop it a little finer if you desire. At this
  point I like to sprinkle the pulled pork with the rub that
  I reserved before using it on the outside, tossing the
  barbecue to blend.

  Some people like to sauce their barbecue at this point,
  and I tend to do that with about 1/2 cup of the barbecue
  sauce that I intend to serve. Again, toss to combine.
  Serve hot with cole slaw and additional barbecue sauce on
  the side.

  Make Ahead: Barbecue reheats nicely in a microwave at
  medium power. Don't nuke this stuff full bore or it will
  dry out. Another way I like to reheat pork is to put about
  an inch of water in a 3-quart saucepan and then insert a
  vegetable steamer. As the water begins to simmer and
  steam, pile the barbecue on top of the vegetable steamer
  and cover. Steam the 'cue for 5 to 10 minutes or until
  heated through.

  The Taunton Press | July 2012

  MM Format by Dave Drum - 02 July 2012

  Uncle Dirty Dave's Archives

MMMMM

... Shape is a good part of the fig's delight. - Jane Grigson

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
 * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)