Skriven 2013-07-18 22:01:00 av MICHAEL LOO (1:123/140)
Ärende: picnic 884
==================
No wonder there was a gap in the narrative. Here are some
stuff that somehow got saved to a wrong file. They interleave
somewhere in between the last few posts.

--

The shrimp from Maxie's, taken back to enrich the poorman's
jambalaya, came with shells, so I made one of my favorite treats,

--

I am remiss in not having previously mentioned Nancy's major
contribution to the edification and enjoyment of the company

Other things that I didn't pay much attention to, though they
did taste pretty good: steamed asparagus and the delicious but
deadly scallopped potatoes.

--

The Shipps had big bags of those Brookside Farms chocolate-coated
fruit jellies, acai-blueberry, goji-raspberry, pomegranate for

Nancy had two Weggie's chocolate bars -

dark chocolate 61% with raspberry, which was okay, but the berry
presence came from these little flakes of hard candy that to me
tasted as artificial as can be, not to mention that the chocolate
itself was on the sweet side;

dark chocolate 61% with almonds - the same chocolate, only with
shaved almonds: I wonder what became of the good olden days when
almonds meant whole crisp delicious almonds rather than tiny thin
little shavings;

I brought the Trader Joe's dark chocolate 72% with almonds, which
was way less objectionable in the chocolate department, being about
the right (for me) balance between fruity bitterness and sweetness;
unfortunately, the almonds were indistinguishable from those in the
Wegmans' bars.

Caywood Trifecta ice wine. I'd got this at Great Western to try
later (the modest pour at the winery wasn't enough to get a good
idea of what it was but enough to get me curious and buy a bottle).
The Shipps had had some Far East ice wine that they'd planned on
bringing, only they forgot, and as Annie wanted the stuff out of the
house, I contributed it to the cause. It's a Vidal, mostly, with
grapes from the 08, 09, and 10 vintages. A peculiarity, and I
probably shouldn't have bought it at the price it was offered for.
It was by no means bad - good apricot and tropical fruit flavors,
not overwhelmingly sweet, some acid but I thought not quite enough,
and a sort of milky filmy taste overlay that muted the fruitiness
and the acid. You win some, you lose some, and sometimes, as this
time, you eke out a draw.

___ Blue Wave/386 v2.30
 * Origin: Fidonet Since 1991 Join Us: www.DocsPlace.org (1:123/140)