Skriven 2014-01-21 07:32:00 av DAVE DRUM (1:261/1381)
     Kommentar till en text av MICHAEL LOO
Ärende: hard & soft - Buzzes
============================
MICHAEL LOO Said to DAVE DRUM about hard & soft 81

ML> I've been plugging this box into 220/240 current for much of the
ML> winter, and there's enough current leakage so that if I put more
ML> sensitive parts of my anatomy (my wrists, that is) in contact
ML> with the laptop, I get a discernible current going through me -
ML> which has made me abandon my general practice of computing
ML> barefoot. I'm at a fancy glass and metal desk ostensibly looking
ML> up where to go while Lilli snoozes away, and I've been doing
ML> amusing experiments with grounding and ungrounding myself -
ML> when I put my bare foot on the metal leg of the desk, I get a
ML> serious buzz on, as it were. Slippers with a layer of foam
ML> between me and the floor is the current configuration of choice.

Where do you put the power brick? The output to the confuser should be
under 20v DC. My Stinkpad uses 12v and the Gateway brick outputs 16v.
I'm not sure what the new ASUS does - as I have not yet plugged it in
nor read the paperwork with it.

Under 20v shouldn't cause a problem. 230v mains current .... that might
curl the hair on your corpse.

ML>  ML> The estimable Leopard Frog Tribe Pinotage referred to above
ML>  ML> was a quite nice South African offering. Seems that the
ML>  ML> industry is well grown up there, and after apartheid, I feel
ML>  ML> unguilty about supporting it.

ML>  DD> That's not one I would have bought on the name - but, perhaps
ML>  DD> on the  label graphics.

ML> It's a cool little emblem, isn't it. I'm hard-hearted enough
ML> to think it's a picture of a somewhat squashed frog.

ML>  DD> As to why confuser go crazy from time to time and for no
ML>  DD> special reason -  I just put it down to the perversity of
ML>  DD> machines.

ML> I have long wondered if the misbehavior indicates the presence
ML> of an evil spirit, in the malware sense, that lives in almost
ML> everyone's computer and is so melded into the operating system
ML> that none of the antivirus software is even aware of it. I
ML> started entertaining this idea sometime in the 1990s.

Murphy is *always* on duty.

ML>  DD> You want hard-boiled?

ML> You got hard-boiled.

ML> =

ML>  DD> tried  to log in to the scheduler so I could print out my work
ML>  DD> schedule for the  upcoming week. And was told I had an invalid
ML>  DD> password or user name.  Multiple times. As I am aware that you
ML>  DD> can be classed as a dunderhead if  you keep repeating the same
ML>  DD> actions and expecting different results I  gave it up. Came
ML>  DD> back the next day to log on to the overall system so  that it
ML>  DD> could reject my password and then I could re-set the dratted
ML>  DD> thing. HAH! I was in like a porch climber with the password
ML>  DD> that had  been kicked out the day before.

ML> Some security module got switched out and then switched back
ML> in. Or its database.

ML>  DD> And this is a multi-billion dollar company not a hobby BBS that
ML>  DD> is run for sh!+$ & giggles.

ML> Software engineers are not always quite so clever as they
ML> think they are and certainly never so much as they put on
ML> their resumes.

I am not the only one at my store to have problems with the password
and/or system software. We have pretty much decided that the problem is
the programmers meet on the roof of the Auto Zone offices and declare it
annexed to Colorado for their smoke breaks.

ML> Not certain what this title means, perhaps it has something
ML> to do with the author of the recipe. It doesn't look too
ML> supremo to me, sort of averageo.

ML> MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v7.07

ML>       Title: Kohnen's Biryani Supremo
ML>  Categories: Indian, Rice
ML>    Servings:  2

Biryani originated in Persia and migrated Eastward. Kohnen sounds more
like a Persian name than something from the sub-continent.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

      Title: Lamb Biryani
 Categories: Lamb/mutton, Fruits, Chilies, Dairy, Nuts
      Yield: 4 servings

    1/2 c  Plain yogurt
      2 cl Garlic; minced
    1/2 ts Cayenne
    1/2 ts Ground cumin
    1/4 ts Fresh ground pepper
  1 3/4 ts Salt
      1 lb boneless lamb; in 1/2" cubes
      3 tb Butter
      1 lg Onion; in thin slices
    1/4 ts Ground cardamom or coriander
    1/4 ts Turmeric
      5    Cloves
      1    Cinnamon stick; broken in
           - half
  1 1/2 c  Long-grain rice; preferably
           - Basmati
  2 3/4 c  Water
    1/3 c  Raisins
    1/3 c  Chopped cashews *

  * Other nuts, such as almonds or pistachios, can easily
  stand in for the cashews.

  In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt with the garlic,
  cayenne, cumin, black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of the
  salt. Stir in the lamb.

  In a large saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat.
  Add the onion and cook until starting to soften, about 3
  minutes. Stir in the cardamom, turmeric, cloves, cinnamon,
  rice, and the remaining 1 1/4 teaspoons salt. Cook,
  stirring, for 1 minute.

  Add the lamb mixture to the pan. Stir in the water and
  raisins. Bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer until the
  rice and lamb are almost done, about 20 minutes. Remove
  from the heat. Let stand, covered, until the rice and lamb
  are just done, about 5 minutes. Stir in the nuts.

  Make 4 servings

  From: http://www.foodandwine.com

  Uncle Dirty Dave's Archives

MMMMM

ENJOY!!!

From Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of YAAAAHHHHOOOOAAAAHHHH Hot Sauce & Hardin Cider

þ CMPQwk 1.42 16554 þ
... If all else fails immortality can always be assured by spectacular error.

 * Origin: www.holo.homeip.net:   -telnet://holo.homeip.net (1:261/1381)