CONSPRCY   0/899
COOKING   26593
COOKING_OLD1   0/24719
COOKING_OLD2   0/40862
COOKING_OLD3   0/37489
Möte ELECTRONICS, 359 texter
 lista första sista föregående nästa
Text 2, 30 rader
Skriven 2004-08-18 23:20:00 av WILLIAM KITCHEN (1:123/140)
     Kommentar till en text av BEN RITCHEY
Ärende: unknown IC
==================

 BR> Chip markings:

 BR>  ////////////////////
 BR> --------------------
 BR> |  (c) 1988  TCE   | |   SC403736P      |
 BR> |  1A66100-05B     |    not to scale, of course |  (M) 6A58P8915   |/
 BR> --------------------
 BR>  (c) is a "c" in a circle
 BR>  (M) is the Motorola insignia in a circle

Hmm... Google turns up nothing. I suspect you already tried that anyway.

Since it's an RCA product,  and since "TCE" appears where you'd expect to see a
company name, TCE almost certainly means Thomson Consumer Electronics. And
since it's custom printed with their initials, it's almost certainly house
numbered as well and probably was never publicly offerred or documented. It's
most likely a microcontroller that was custom programmed at the factory, quite
likely masked ROM. You might be able to deduce something about it by what's
attached to it. Like which pins the crystal connects to, where the power pins
are located, which pins appear to be I/O, etc. But you probably couldn't narrow
it down any further than a very general device family that way.

Good luck finding info. I doesn't sound like an easy quest.

 * SeM. 2.26  * Bizarreness is the essence of the exotic.
 * Origin: Try Our Web Based QWK: DOCSPLACE.ORG (1:123/140)