Möte EVOLUTION, 1335 texter
Skriven 2004-09-17 06:09:00 av John Morrison (1:278/230)
Ärende: Re: Project Genesis
===========================

Ian Beardsley wrote:
> Project Genesis, by Ian Beardsley
> Since other stellar systems may not even exist as we need them, and
> the distances between them are so immense, it might be better to
> unlock the mysteries of making them, and find the structure in ours
> that allows for so much life. There is, I have found, a correlation
> between the microworld and the macroworld, where our solar system is
> concerned. It may be related to why it is life bearing.
> Abundant in the early earth atmosphere
> were methane (CH 4), ammonia (NH 3) and water vapor (H 2O). Methane is
> tetrahedral in structure, a carbon atom sourounded by 4 hydrogens.
> Ammonia is trigonal pyramidal, a nitrogen atom surrounded by 3
> hydrogen atoms, and water vapor is triangular, or bent, an oxygen
> atom surrounded by two hydrogens. These represent stable structural
> systems as they are all systems of triangles, which are the only
> stable polygons. These substances combined under energy with hydrogen
> gas form amino acids, the building blocks of life. The core atoms of
> these molecules, carbon, nitrogen, and oxygen, are all in period two
> of the periodic table and follow directly one after the other.
> When plants perform
> photosynthesis, they combine carbon dioxide with water and release
> oxygen. The reaction is:
> CO 2+2H 2O----->CH 2O+O 2+H 2O
> As can be seen a sugar is made. Important to most plants to do this is
> nitrogen. Nitrogen (N 2) is the most abundant gas in the earth
> atmosphere, comprising about 78.03% of it. We
> now calculate the molecular masses of these special gases:
> CH 4=(12.01+4(1.01))=16.05
> NH 3=(14.01+3(1.01))=17.04
> CO 2=(12.01+2(16.00))=44.01
> H 2O=(2(1.01)+16.00)=18.02
> N 2=(14.01+14.01)=28.02
> O 2=(16.00+16.00)=32.00
> We now form some ratios between these molecular masses:
> O 2/CH 4=1.992~2
> NH 3/CH 4=1.061~1
> O 2/N 2=1.142~sqrt(2)
> CO 2/N 2~1.6=(sqrt(5)+1)/2=phi
> O 2/H 2O=1.776~sqrt(3)
> Notice that these values are given by the sequence: |2cos(pi/n)|
> n=1,2,3,4,5,6 pi/n radians
> Observe:
> 2=|2cos(pi)|
> 0=|2cos(pi/2)|
> 1=|2cos(pi/3)|
> sqrt(2)=|2cos(pi/4)|
> (sqrt(5)+1)/2=|2cos(pi/5)|
> sqrt(3)=|2cos(pi/6)|
> Geometrically sqrt(2) is the ratio of the side of a square to its
> radius. Phi is the ratio of the chord of a regular pentagon to its
> side. sqrt(3) the ratio of the side of an equilateral triangle to its
> radius, and 1 is the ratio of the side of a regular hexagon to its
> radius. The square, the regular hexagon and the equilateral triangle
> are the tessellating regular polygons. The regular pentagon is one of
> the archemedian tessellators.
> Note: All of the compounds considered above are combinations of any of
> the two
> [...]

    I'll grant you (at most) /some/ of that - if and _only_ if you can
justify all the various postings of Archimedes Plutonium as well ...

John
johnDOTmorrisonATtescoDOTnet
--
"Gegen [die] Dummheit kämpfen [die] Götter selbst vergebens." - Friedrich
von Schiller ("Die Jungfrau von Orléans", Act iii, Scene 6.)

---
 * RIMEGate(tm)V10.2á˙* RelayNet(tm) NNTP Gateway * MoonDog BBS
 * RgateImp.MoonDog.BBS at 9/17/04 6:09:31 AM
 * Origin: MoonDog BBS, Brooklyn,NY, 718 692-2498, 1:278/230 (1:278/230)