Skriven 2005-09-17 09:18:07 av Roy Witt (1:1/22)
  Kommentar till text 12272 av Paul Sanders (3:633/104)
Ärende: Katrina
===============
17 Sep 05 11:53, Paul Sanders wrote to Roy Witt:

 PS> Hi Roy,

 PS>>> Doesn't come as any surprise that you didn't find anything to suit
 PS>>> your version of events.

 RW>> Just as it's no surprise that you can find all of these liberal news
 RW>> media to report your side of the picture. The lies they spew are why
 RW>> the liberals are not in power in the USA anymore. Their outlook is
 RW>> even bleaker for the future.

 PS> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/03/AR200
 PS> 5 090301680. html

 PS> Correction to This Article
 PS> A Sept. 4 article on the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina incorrectly
 PS> said that Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco (D) had not
 PS> declared a state of emergency. She declared an emergency on Aug. 26.

On August 27, she declared that the emergency was affective on Aug. 26.
She didn't inform the White House until Aug 27.

They can correct their reporting all they want, it still doesn't reflect
the truth.

 PS> http://www.snopes.com/politics/katrina/nagin.asp

 PS> The claim that "the President declared the area a national disaster
 PS> area before the state of Louisiana did" appears to be based on an
 PS> erroneous statement made by an unnamed Bush administration official,
 PS> as reported in the Washington Post (emphasis ours)

True. Blanco requested that the Prez declare a state of emergency on Aug
27, he responded on the same day. Try Googling for the Robert T.
Stafford Act and read the provisions of Section 501 (a) Disaster Relief
and Emergency Assistance Act, 42 U.S.C.  5121-5206 (Stafford Act).

 PS> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9179587/site/newsweek/
 PS> The original version of this story incorrectly reported that
 PS> Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco had been "hesitant to
 PS> declare martial law or a state of emergency." In fact, Gov. Blanco
 PS> declared a state of emergency Friday, Aug. 26, before Katrina hit the
 PS> state.

She did, but hadn't asked for Federal help at that time. Aug 27th, the
next day, she did.

 PS> http://www.thinkprogress.org/katrina-timeline
 PS> KATRINA TIMELINE

 PS> Comment on the timeline here.
 PS> Friday, August 26
 PS> GOV. KATHLEEN BLANCO DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY IN LOUISIANA [Office
 PS> of the Governor]

 PS> GULF COAST STATES REQUEST TROOP ASSISTANCE FROM PENTAGON: At a 9/1
 PS> press conference, Lt. Gen. Russel Honoré, commander, Joint Task Force
 PS> Katrina, said that the Gulf States began the process of requesting
 PS> additional forces on Friday, 8/26. [DOD]

True, but it was the Gov of MS that started the ball rolling, not Blanco.

 PS> http://mediamatters.org/items/200509070002
 PS> Like The Washington Post, Newsweek incorrectly reported in its
 PS> September 12 issue that Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco was
 PS> slow to declare a state of emergency in the state, purportedly
 PS> delaying federal assistance in dealing with the aftermath of
 PS> Hurricane Katrina. In fact, Blanco declared a state of emergency on
 PS> August 26, before Katrina made landfall. But while the Post has
 PS> corrected its false reporting, Newsweek has not yet done so --
 PS> despite the fact that the magazine has already corrected another
 PS> error in the same article.

Too bad none of them thought to read the releases from the Governor's
office.

 PS> http://mediamatters.org/items/200509140001

 PS> The September 12 edition of Fox News' Hannity & Colmes included a
 PS> deceptive on-screen Hurricane Katrina timeline that purported to
 PS> cover developments in the storm and emergency response from August
 PS> 24-30. Echoing a Bush administration official who falsely told The
 PS> Washington Post that Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco (D)
 PS> failed to declare a state of emergency, Fox's timeline omitted
 PS> Blanco's August 26 declaration of a state of emergency while
 PS> including similar declarations by the Republican governors of
 PS> Mississippi and Alabama.

LOL! Of course they'd claim deception. Any blue blooded Democrat must do
that to help confuse the masses and convince themselves.

 PS> http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/katrina-timeline.php
 PS> Friday, August 26:

 PS> # 11:30 AM EDT: Katrina is upgraded to a Category 2 hurricane.
 PS> # 5:00 PM EDT: The National Hurricane Center issues an advisory
 PS> forecasting that Katrina would soon be a Category 3 hurricane.

Yeah, and?

 PS> # 5:00 PM CDT: Louisiana Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco declares
 PS> a state of emergency for Louisiana (see public document).

LOL!

All a bunch of garbage to confuse the masses. You're included.

So, now you can skip to the truth...

Roy

--- Twit(t) Filter v2.1 (C) 2000
 * Origin: Hacienda de Rio de Guadalupe * South * Texas, USA * (1:1/22)