Skriven 2006-04-15 00:09:36 av Philip Lozier (1:267/169)
  Kommentar till text 26966 av Björn Forsström (2:203/614.61)
Ärende: Canadian "Skills"
=========================
 RC>> Frank has a unique perspective, one most of the folk who have bellyached
 RC>> about the assertions about the USA dont have, he was alive in the 40's
 RC>> and
 RC>> I dont mean alive as a young child.

 BF> And at that age one could also expect more comprehension and that
 BF> the
 BF> world have moved on but if he want's to live in the 40's that's his
 BF> buisness
 BF> but why drag it in here?

That's a fairly dumb question, given the perspectives presented by some in
here.

 RC>> Everyone else is of a different and far more recent generation.

 BF> That has nothing to do with it.
 BF> My grand father was 98 when he died and much more sense then this.

This above paragraph makes no sense to me in the discussion... it was far to
vague and gave no insight on what the greater sense may have been.

 RC>> Think of how the perspectives change when you are from one side of the
 RC>> pond versus the other or if you were around at the time to remember and
 RC>> understand it.

 BF> I've talked to WWII survivors on the Greek islands who saw their
 BF> family being
 BF> shot by the Germans.

I talk to such civilian survivors on a regular basis... they're called "my
family".

 BF> Not even they are as bitter over the Germans
 BF> as Frank
 BF> is over Europe.

I don't think Frank is bitter over Germany... at least not as much as he is
over the younger (from his perspective) European generation who all but denies
that WWII ever existed other than some squabble they could have talked out
amongst themselves with no outside intervention needed.

 BF> They have accepted it and have moved on and Germans
 BF> are
 BF> now welcome there and have been for a long time.

I have many German freinds... one local node who takes great pride in his
German heritage, yet feels (even though not there, and of the later generation)
that what his countrymen did was a great embarrasment to his people... and how
easily duped his people were into following like flies on shit bothers him.

 RC>> From this side of the pond, looking eastward, many Americans saw a
 RC>> continental europe under control of the Nazi's, then look as event
 RC>> unfolded as Italy fell and then the events of June '44.

 BF> 60 years of thinking and understanding should have taken care of
 BF> that.

Taken care of what?  At the time the Americans came into the war, pretty much
everything of Europe was *GONE*, with the exception of the stubborn Brits...
the USA came in and turned the course of events as they -were- unfolding, and
basicly (did, wether it is denied by the 60 year later generation or not) DID
save Europe's ass.

To deny (as Europeans) that is exactly what happened would be like the USA
saying that slavery didn't exist here, and it was all a hoax or something and
that the slaves weren't really slaves as they were "paid" or some other
generations later denial...

 RC>> Look at the wars that have transpired in your lifetime, regardless if
 RC>> your
 RC>> country was involved at all, nevertheless you as a member of your
 RC>> generation will see it one way, there is no telling if the generations
 RC>> that follow you will see it the same way as you did.. Know what I mean
 RC>> Verne?

 BF> As I said, if he wants to live in the 40's that's his problem, I
 BF> write 2006 now

And the 40's, to now, changes the facts (?), or is it that with enough time
gone by such statements are to be taken with regard that it doesn't matter
anymore and all should be forgotten because we (you guys) don't need them damn
yanks anymore... think about if after the war, we just pulled out (us, the
USA).  Scary thought?  It should be. If we didn't remain, and help to rebuild
the sectors of a war torn Europe we were accorded, 60 years later you'd all
still be pulling yourselves out of the hole because the absolute devastation
was that bad... to boot, you'd likely be speaking some sort of dialect of
Russian right now because the vengence was so deep hearted in the soviet union
that they were going to take it all. WE (the USA) stopped that!  What do you
think the "cold war" was all about?  It was a direct continuation of WWII
between "allies" who really didn't like each other, but joined for a common
interest. ((I know we hate each other, but lets kick this guys ass first and
-then- go back to ahting each other))

Even Russia (despite the claims of the Russian winter thwarting the Nazi
effort) was saved.  Without an active front from the Atlantic side, germany
would -NOT- had to divert so many forces to make their stance weaker on the
Russian front.  The Germans would have withdrawn (not retreated) and stockpiled
for the spring, and then come back with as much (if not more) devastation than
they did when they first hit Russia.  The devastation they caused to Russia was
unprecidented. Germany had them DESTROYED... COMPLETELY.  If not for the USA on
the other side of Germany, Russia never would have survived the spring assualt
at full force.

 BF> and in case you haven't noticed, USA is the most powerful country
 BF> in the world

Absoulutely... twice in our history we became "isolated"... both times dragged
into world wars that the friggin Europeans caused.  We learned our lesson.
Take an active role, and never allow that to ahppen again.  If the babes can't
act right, they need to be "babbysitted" and spanked on their bottoms when they
get out of line. Stay strong, and the strongest, so when "baby asshole" gets
out of line the ass spanking will be headed.

 BF> and can afford a war in Iraq that costs millions of $ every day so
 BF> I really don't
 BF> understand what he's whining about.

He's whining about jerkoffs who think 60 years later makes a difference, and
those who "suffer" freedom at -our- expense think they don't owe a damn
thing... not even a thank you.

 BF> I don't expect an answer from you since I haven't got any before,
 BF> perhaps
 BF> because I make too much sense for you.

Well... let's see if you make sense or not, because you got -my- answer.

Don't get into the deep bullshit everybody else does with what they can lookup
on "the web"...  tell me what -your- actual perspective is based on you greek
island freinds and what -you- know off the top of your head, from a 60 year
later perspective.  I will let you know if you make sense to me.

Phil

 BF> ---
 BF>  * Origin: . (2:203/614.61)

--- FMail/Win32 1.60
 * Origin: ==<<FLaSHBaCK-BBS>>== part of the NYCap/Adirondack Netwo (1:267/169)