Skriven 2007-02-11 05:11:05 av Björn Forsström (2:203/614.61)
  Kommentar till text 48180 av Joe Schweier (1:275/412)
Ärende: News
============

 BF>> Look att BBC for example, they are showing news from all over the world.

 JS> I don't want to know what's going on with the BBC... There's enough going
 JS> on on this side of the pond...  I get my fill of world events... In Canada
 JS> we have an international news station and I still haven't heard of any of
 JS> the events as U mentioned....

And that doesn't bother you? Don't you think about what else you might miss?

 JS> and I'm more focused on the number of
 JS> Canadians & Americans who die for their services.... I know people in
 JS> either coutry right now who are in harms way.  I'm sure ya'll are focused
 JS> on him/her but I cannot view everyother contries news to make sure I'm in
 JS> the know about what every other person in the world view is.

And if your friends was shot upon and killed by your own you you wouldn't
know since things things like that aren't reported in North America.

 JS>>> Canadian news report what Canadian views want to hear... it's been
 JS>>> global warming up here... I think most of the people want to give Gore a
 JS>>> BJ for his movie.

 BF>> What movie?

 JS> his global warming movie... I don't recall the name.

Haven't seen it.

 JS>>> As for the US... it seems that a blonde bimbo who died at a young age is
 JS>>> paying the bills down their.

 BF>> If that's what the Americans want to see and pay for I really feel sorry
 BF>> for them.
 BF>> It's been on Fox several hours a day and it's the same pics they show
 BF>> over and
 BF>> over again and they are speculating so much so it soon must be true and
 BF>> that's
 BF>> been going on now for, what is it, 4 or 5 days.

 JS> No it's not that big of a deal.... Like I said earlier... the 24 hour news
 JS> stations have to fill the days someway... and they do it by running the
 JS> pics/stories over and over and over again.

I know. The first I saw this morning on Fox was about Anna Nicole AGAIN so I
rapidly changed to CNN. Jeezzzz.... talk about being indoctrinated.

 JS>>> no censorship here in North America just news organizaqtion paying
 JS>>> bills.

 BF>> Then they can't be un-biased. Back home they report what's going on and
 BF>> not what pays the bills.

 JS> Well U R out in leftfild then.

Why? Because we get un-biased news? How do you put that together?

 JS> The BBC is a government sponsor for the
 JS> news... I guess thety can say or do what they want, kind of like the CBC
 JS> here in canada.  But in the US, and the rest of canada, the news stations
 JS> are publicly held corperations who have a responsibility to their
 JS> shareholders to make a profit.

So the money comes before telling the truth? And you call that to be un-
biased?
Our best news in Sweden comes from a commercial channel and they have
been awarded several times for being the most un-biased news so then
you have something to learn from us as well.

 JS> So, the US programming will taljking about
 JS> a missing 18 year old girl for over a year because she was hot and sexy
 JS> rather than talk about your killed solder.   Now if you solder was killed
 JS> in some love triangle we'd still be talking about it.

What you should talk about is that hospitals in USA are kicking out homeless
after treatment all over the town in order to hide that there is a problem with
them. Yes, I saw that on American news.

 JS>>> Video tape the entire room so that we see what the kids are doing as
 JS>>> well as the teachers.

 BF>> I totally agree but what I react on is that it's not allowed to have them
 BF>> at school
 BF>> but it's good to have them to video-tape the teachers. Isn't that a Catch
 BF>> 22?
 BF>> They should have them to vido-tape their teachers but they are not
 BF>> allowed.....
 BF>> I find that a bit strange and even Bill Orielly (sp) at Fox think so.

 JS> No you might want to look up catch 22 in the dictionary... Kids don't need
 JS> an ephen phone in school.  For the most part there should be about 30
 JS> other students who see these bad teachers and can make a complaint if need
 JS> be.  I just think its one sided to see these "bad" teachers in during
 JS> those "bad" moments and we normally miss what the "bad" students did to
 JS> get him/her there.

As I said, I totally agree with you but they were *encouraged* by that teacher
to bring their cell:s to school although they are not allowed.

 JS> I don't think that teachers should be acting like the
 JS> ones I have seen on the news... but man-o-man I know that the parents of
 JS> todays kids are not keeping their kids in check....  In the US anyway,

Is that what you call the best spirit in the world?

 JS> teacher says something to mom and dad about billy being a disruption in
 JS> class... they get a lawyer and go to court.  If my mother and father were
 JS> told I was a disruption in class... or even better... I made a teacher
 JS> lose his/her selfcontrol I got my ass kicked either way.

That's how it should work and we have the same problem with kids in school.

 BF>> One other thing he finds strange is this border police that they put
 BF>> among the
 BF>> illegal alience in the prison that got beaten up pretty badly. That was
 BF>> rather
 BF>> obvious that that should happend but not for the one that decided that he
 BF>> should
 BF>> be there so what are people thinking with?

 JS> When I went to the US I was legal... I believe in a legal system... I
 JS> think that Mexico should take care of their own... Build a huge fience
 JS> fine companies and put business owners in jail if they hire illegals...
 JS> and arrest and detain any they find.

I can understand your POV  but then then the necessary question arise.
Why do USA have to interfear with Iraq? If you want to leave the Mexican
problem to the Mexicans, why can't you leave the Iraq problem to the
Iraquies?

 JS> There is no real fix for this because the left leaning political party
 JS> wants the latin votes and the right leaning party wants the business owner
 JS> vote... so both will turn their backs on a real bad problem.

I whish they had did the same with the Iraq problem.

---
 * Origin: . (2:203/614.61)