Skriven 2009-04-25 17:15:25 av Roy Witt (1:397/22)
  Kommentar till text 31766 av Robert Bashe (2:2448/44)
Ärende: Piarates
================
25 Apr 09 08:07, Robert Bashe wrote to Roy Witt:

 RB>>> The _page_?

 RW>> Yeup. You'd actually have to go there and take a look.

 RB> Which I did. That's why your comment was so incomprehensible.

Did you copy the page?

 RW>> Know also that there's a difference between 'save image as' and
 RW>> 'copy' -ing a certain part of the page, as in the Coca Cola formula
 RW>> displayed on that page, which is NOT an image file. That was what I
 RW>> challenged Ward to do, not save the page and display it in it's
 RW>> entirety.

 RB> So what's the problem saving text from a webpage?

Did you try to save the formula on that page?

 RB> Cut and paste,

Can't be done.

 RB> or edit the HTML.

Which is the only way you can copy what I asked Ward to copy and paste on
his website. He claimed that he could copy it, but he copied the entire
page and not the formula I asked him to copy and display.

 RB> Seems to me you're inventing difficulties that don't exist.

They do exist, that's why it's a challenge.

 RB>>> That's the way you generally copy images, not pages. I just use the
 RB>>> "save page as" option in Firefox.

 RW>> You can't copy the image I asked him to copy because it's not an
 RW>> image. That's why he saved the page to 'whatever' and had to post
 RW>> the entire page.

 RB> ?? Saving text is even simpler than saving an image.

Sure it is, but not on that page.

 RB>>> ???? <head shaking> Is he thinking about what I wrote about
 RB>>> extracting the URLs of images from the source code?

 RW>> Nope. There is no image, thus no URL to locate it. The only way to
 RW>> get the 'formula' is to extract it from the source.

 RB> ;-))))))))) Tell me, what browser are you using that you have to go
 RB> to such trouble to get text from a webpage?

Rather than sit there on your dumbass, you go to the website and copy it
before you talk about browzers.

PS - I'll bet my browzer is more up to date and capable of this challange
than yours is, unless you're using the same browzer with the latest
update.

 RW>> I repeat: It's not an image file that can be displayed by itself.
 RW>> But, by using the source code, one can duplicate the formula as seen
 RW>> on their website.

 RB> Text is text, Roy.

Sure, but the formula on that page isn't.

 RB> And there's no need to go to the source to copy it with cut and
 RB> paste.

Wrong again. Here's a clue why: <blockquote>

 RB> I've done such stuff hundreds of times and can't imagine you aren't
 RB> aware of such things.

Apparently you haven't, else you'd know what I'm talking about.

You take your browzer and copy that formula with 'cut and paste' and I'll
bow to your expertise. Otherwise, I think you're talking through your hat.

 RB> [To Ward]

 RB>>> I have no idea what he's thinking of,

 RW>> I believe that was a foregone conclusion.

 RB> In the convoluted twistings of your mind, perhaps.

Your mind is the one that's convoluted...I can tell by the confusion you
project in what you write. You can prove your expertise in this by doing
as I asked Ward to do.

 RB>>> but still woudln't follow the last "demand" in his sentence,

 RW>> Then you, just like Ward, would not pass the challenge.

 RB> "Challenge"?

Are you stupid? Do you think it's an excerise as simple as cut and paste?
If so, prove it by doing, not jabbering about it.

 RB> OK, then I "challenge" you to shoot yourself in the chest and publish
 RB> (or have published, naturally posthumously) the picture of your body
 RB> on a public website. "Challenge", my bleedin' arse ;-/

If your arse were here, it'd be bleedin alright. Stupid is as stupid says.

 RB>>> I can't see any sense in all this anymore, and perhaps there never
 RB>>> was any except to fill the echo.

 RW>> Or confuse the old guy.

 RB> Which "old guy"?

Looked in a mirror lately. White crown for hair, balding and fat, Santa
Claus glasses...looks like a duck, walks like a duck, it can't be anything
but a duck.

 RB>>> P.S. I now read that Roy's trying to re-interpret the above to mean
 RB>>> that you're supposed to extract the "formula" text. Does he really
 RB>>> not know that you can edit a HTML page you have on your own hard
 RB>>> disk without difficulty?

 RW>> There's the signs of dementia showing itself again.

 RB> Roy, I hate to tell you this, but you're looking at a mirror, not at
 RB> a computer display...

Fooled you again...that's not your monitor, it's the water in the bottom
of the stool. If you flush it, the mustache will go away.

                R\%/itt

--- Twit(t) Filter v2.1 (C) 2000
 * Origin: SATX Alamo Area Net * South * Texas, USA * (1:397/22)