Skriven 2007-07-16 00:50:06 av FidoNews Robot (2:2/2.0)
Ärende: FidoNews 24:29 [02/06]: General Articles
                        GENERAL ARTICLES

U.S. Border Patrol Agent's Letter to His Senator
    Submitted by Joe Bruchis <1:3828/12>

Dear Senator Frist:

There is a huge amount of propaganda and myths circulating about
illegal aliens, particularly illegal Mexican, Salvadorian, Guatemalan
and Honduran aliens.

1. Illegal aliens generally do NOT want U.S. citizenship. Americans
are very vain thinking that everybody in the world wants to be a U.S.
citizen. Mexicans, and other nationalities want to remain citizens of
their home countries while obtaining the benefits offered by the
United States such as employment, medical care, in-state tuition,
government subsidized housing and free education for their offspring.
Their main attraction is employment and their loyalty usually remains
at home. They want benefits earned and subsidized by middle class
Americans. What illegal aliens want are benefits of American residence
without paying the price.

2. There are no jobs that Americans won't do. Illegal aliens are doing
jobs that Americans can't take and still support their families.
Illegal aliens take low wage jobs, live dozens in a single residence
home, share expenses and send money to their home country. There are
no jobs that Americans won't do for a decent wage.

3. Every person who illegally entered this nation left a home. They
are NOT homeless and they are NOT Americans. Some left jobs in their
home countries. They come to send money to their real home as
evidenced by the more than 20 billion dollars sent out of the country
each year by illegal aliens. These illegal aliens knowingly and
willfully entered this nation in violation of the law and therefore
assumed the risk of detection and deportation. Those who brought their
alien children assumed the responsibility and risk on behalf of their
children.

4. Illegal aliens are NOT critical to the economy. Illegal aliens
constitute less than 5% of the workforce. However, they reduce wages
and benefits for lawful U.S. residents.

5. This is NOT an immigrant nation. There are 280 million native born
Americans. While it is true that this nation was settled and founded
by immigrants (legal immigrants), it is also true that there is not a
nation on this planet that was not settled by immigrants at one time
or another.

6. The United States is welcoming to legal immigrants. Illegal aliens
are not immigrants by definition. The U.S. accepts more lawful
immigrants every year than the rest of the world combined.

7. There is no such thing as the "Hispanic vote". Hispanics are white,
brown, black and every shade in between. Hispanics are Repu blicans,
Democrats, Anarchists, Communists, Marxists and Independents. The
so-called "Hispanic vote" is a myth. Pandering to illegal aliens to
get the Hispanic vote is a dead end.

8. Mexico is NOT a friend of the United States. Since 1848 Mexicans
have resented the United States. During World War I Mexico allowed
German Spies to operate freely in Mexico to spy on the U.S. During
World War II Mexico allowed the Axis powers to spy on the U.S. from
Mexico. During the Cold War Mexico allowed spies hostile to the U.S.
to operate freely. The attack on the Twin Towers in 2001 was cheered
and applauded all across Mexico. Today Mexican school children are
taught that the U.S. stole California, Arizona, new Mexico and Texas.
If you don't believe it, check out some Mexican textbooks written for
their schoolchildren.

9. Although some illegal aliens enter this country for a better life,
there are 6 billion people on this planet. At least 1 billion of those
live on less than one dollar a day. If wanting a better life is a
valid excuse to break the law and sneak into America, then let's allow
those one billion to come to America and we'll turn the USA into a
Third World nation overnight. Besides, there are 280 million native
born Americans who want a better life. I'll bet Bill Gates and Donald
Trump want a better life. When will the USA lifeboat be full? Since
when is wanting a better life a good reason to trash another nation?

10. There is a labor shortage in this country. This is a lie. There
are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of American housewives,
senior citizens, students, unemployed and underemployed who would
gladly take jobs at a decent wage.

11. It is racist to want secure borders. What is racist about wanting
secure borders and a secure America? What is racist about not wanting
people to sneak into America and steal benefits we have set aside for
legal aliens, senior citizens, children and other legal residents?
What is it about race that entitles people to violate our laws, steal
identities, and take the American Dream without paying the price?

For about four decades American politicians have refused to secure our
borders and look after the welfare of middle class Americans. These
politicians have been of both parties. A huge debt to American society
has resulted. This debt will be satisfied and the interest will be
high. There has already been riots in the streets by illegal aliens
and their supporters. There will be more. You, as a politician, have a
choice to offend the illegal aliens who have stolen into this country
and demanded the rights afforded to U.S. citizens or to offend those
of us who are stakeholders in this country. The interest will be steep
either way. There will be civil unrest. There will be a reckoning. Do
you have the courage to do what is right for America? Or, will you bow
to the wants and needs of those who don't even have the right to
remain here?

There will be a reckoning. It will come in November of this year,
again in 2008 and yet again in 2010.

We will not allow America to be stolen by third world agitators and
thieves.
David J. Stoddard U.S. Border Patrol (RET) Hereford, Arizona

Origins:   The above-quoted letter to Senator Bill Frist of Tennessee
(the Senate Majority Leader) concerning illegal aliens was written by
David J. Stoddard of Arizona, who served as a U.S. Border Patrol Agent
for 27 years. As far as we know, it was first published on the
Internet when Mr. Stoddard posted it to the PHXnews.com web site.

Mr. Stoddard provided testimony about immigration reform to a
Congressional subcommittee on Criminal Justice, Drug Policy and Human
Resources in 2002, and some of that testimony is echoed in his 2006
letter to Senator Frist: TESTIMONY OF DAVID J. STODDARD, SUBMITTED TO
U.S. SUBCOMMITTEE ON CRIMINAL JUSTICE, DRUG POLICY AND HUMAN
RESOURCES, REPRESENTATIVE MARK SOUDER, CHAIRMAN.

February 22, 2002

Sirs:

My name is David J. Stoddard; I am a resident of Cochise County,
Arizona. I served my country for 30 years, first as a soldier in the
U.S. Army and then as U.S. Border Patrol Agent for 27 years.

I have no personal interest in illegal immigration or in U.S. drug
policy except as a patriotic citizen of the United States. I am not
being paid or influenced by any entity whatsoever for my testimony
submitted to you this day.

There has been a great deal of debate recently over needed changes in
U.S. Immigration Law. The United States has the most liberal
immigration policies in the entire world. Our laws are designed to
protect the American public from criminals, subversives, terrorists,
disease, the insane and from those who are likely to become public
charges. There are no U.S. laws designed specifically to exclude any
deserving person from legally immigrating to the United States. Any
person may legally immigrate unless he or she falls within an
excludable class. This is for the public good. If existing laws were
enforced as intended, there would be no need for new laws.

Currently the United States admits more people as immigrants, refugees
and asylum seekers than all the other countries in the world combined.
Right now one-fifth of the U.S. population is a foreign born or
dependant child of foreign born residents. Since the 2000 Census, the
population of the United States has increased by 3 million people
according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

According to various Mexican media and official Mexican government
sources, the country of Mexico has 18 million of its citizens residing
illegally in the United States at this very minute. Mexico claims to
have 30 million persons of Mexican descent in the United States. I
have no reason not to believe these claims.

According to official U.S. I. & N.S. estimates, Mexicans comprise only
54% of the total number of illegal aliens within the United States.
Again, I have no reason to dispute these figures. I hope this gives
you some kind of perspective as to the great influence illegal
immigration has upon our society.

Since I have lived and worked on the Mexican border all of my life, I
am most familiar with the problems presented by illegal Mexican
immigration and I would like to focus on that aspect.

- According to former Chief of Police, Ruben Ortega, 80% of the street
level drug dealers in Salt Lake City, Utah are illegal Mexican Aliens.
I believe we can extrapolate that percentage to any major city in the
Southwest.

- According to the U.S. Bureau of Prisons, 24% of those incarcerated
in the United States are foreign born, most of them Mexicans.

- According to the California State authorities, that state must build
the equivalent of one grammar school a day in order to accommodate the
population growth of school aged children, again, largely due to
illegal immigrants, most of whom are illegal Mexicans.

I submit to you that Mexico has instituted policies which encourage
its citizens to sneak into the United States.

For example:

- Mexico has discontinued the government subsidies for propane,
diesel, tortillas, beans, electricity, housing, bread and commodities
for poor people.

- Mexico has opened additional consulates in practically every state
in the union in order to assist its citizens obtain U.S. benefits,
"rights" and to assure legal help in the instances of "discrimination"
in employment, law enforcement and in any other legal matter.

- Lawyers retained at the behest of Mexican officials quickly take
civil action against any U.S. citizen who chooses to protect himself
or his property against illegal Mexicans. This is designed to deter
any interference by U.S. residents in the free flow of aliens and
drugs across our borders.

- Mexican school children, from the primary grades, are taught that
the United States "stole" (from Mexico) the land now called
California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Colorado and Utah.
Furthermore, these children are taught that were it not for the United
States "stealing" California and the gold therein, that Mexico would
be a superpower today. I have heard that with my own ears. That is no
exaggeration.

- The President of Mexico actively encourages its citizens to
illegally emigrate to the U.S. and in fact frequently refers to those
who do so as "heroes".

- I can give you the names of eight high-level Mexican politicians who
have left office in the last decade with a minimum of $700 million
each. These ill-gotten funds could have been used for the good of the
Mexican people.

Based on the above facts, I see no reason for any change in U.S.
immigration laws. But I see a great need for change in the way Mexico
imposes upon the United States. The American people are expected to
provide free medical care, housing, education, food and other basic
needs to illegal Mexican aliens. These are all services that should be
provided to our own elderly, handicapped and poor.

I do see a need to alter the way in which the United States
administers its immigration laws however.

Currently the same administrator dictates enforcement and services.
Under Doris Meissner, the INS became a service-oriented organization
because Ms. Meissner considered all aliens, legal and illegal as her
"clients". Enforcement under the U.S. Border Patrol became
non-existent except for a narrow corridor along the border. This
encouraged illegal aliens to keep trying until they were successful in
traversing that corridor beyond which they could live and reside as
long as they wish and do whatever they want, while the services branch
of INS does everything it can to make their status legal. This status
quo has not changed under INS Commissioner James Ziglar.

This is a schizophrenic approach, which does not, never has and never
will work. The INS must be separated into two agencies, one to provide
services and the other for enforcement purposes. The U.S. Border
Patrol must be allowed to do its job in strict accordance to the law
without regard to political correctness and without regard to state,
city and local boundaries. This is the only way we can remain a
sovereign nation. We cannot allow a foreign nation to dictate our
immigration policy, which is the current standard. Either an alien has
legally entered the United States or he has not. The legal alien is
entitled to benefits and services. The others are not.

Every single person who has sneaked into this country made an informed
decision to violate the laws of this country and has accepted the risk
of detection and deportation. None of them should be allowed to reside
in the U.S. without first exiting and making a legal application for
entry in order to screen for criminals, the insane, subversives,
terrorists and disease.

The U.S. Border Patrol simply cannot handle its mission under present
restraints. Its job is to protect the American public and preserve the
sanctity of our international borders. That cannot be accomplished
while our borders are overrun by aliens of every nationality and while
bureaucrats place unreasonable restrictions on how agents operate.

- I urge the immediate deployment of U.S. military troops and
equipment on our borders to seal them against those who would cause us
harm. This could be only a temporary measure to allow us to regain
control to again become a sovereign nation.

- I urge the separation of the U.S. Border Patrol into a separate
agency responsible for the detection, interdiction, arrest,
prosecution and/or deportation of drug smugglers and illegal aliens.
An experienced enforcement officer whose primary purpose is to protect
America and American citizens must run this separate agency. That
separate agency must have its own budget and control its own spending.
This would assure that the law enforcement agency doesn't have to
dance like a puppet at the whim of a non-law enforcement entity with
an agenda of its own operating the purse strings. A professional law
enforcement agency must be in total control of enforcement, (with
Attorney General and Congressional oversight, of course), or political
special interests will exercise undue influence as has been the case
with the Border Patrol for the last 78 years.

I realize I cannot be more specific and detailed due to time
restraints, so I respectfully submit this to you at this time.

--- Azure/NewsPrep 3.0
 * Origin: Home of the Fidonews (2:2/2.0)