Skriven 2011-09-04 10:58:27 av FidoNews Robot (1:1/1.0)
Ärende: FidoNews 28:36 [03/06]: Articles
                                 ARTICLES

                           FIDONET HAM RADIO SERVICES

     THe following fidonet conferences may be of interest to amateur
     radio enthusiasts:

     ham  general amateur radio topics

     ham_tech amateur radio technical discussions

     amateur_radio amateur radio topics only.

     ls_arrl bulletins of interest to amateur radio enthusiasts from
     ARRL and other sources.

     emergcom Emergency and disaster communications using all adio
     communications services and modes.

     The ARRL Ares e-letter is posted in the emergcom echo.  THe
     Amateur RAdio NEwsline, the ARRL contest update and other
     short form periodicals and bulletins are posted to the
     ls_arrl echo.

     Arrl bulletin postings show a subject line of arl followed by a
     letter and the bulletin number.  Example arlb033, etc.  USe the
     following key to help you determine bulletins on subjects of
     interest to you.

     x  SPecial arrl bulletin, regulatory matters, etc.

     b  General bulletins to all radio amateurs.

     d  Arrl dx bulletins

     k  KEplarian elements for satellite tracking

     p  PRopagation bulletins.

     s  other space information regarding satellites and amateur radio
     operations from space.

     Amateur radio newsline posted to ls_arrl from 1:3634/12.
     Other items are posted to the ls_arrl and other echoes from
     1:116/901.

     Longer articles will be split to accomodate various fidonet
     mail processors.  Report problems handling longer articles to
     Richard Webb via routed FIdonet netmail at 1:116/901.

     Arrl bulletins and other shorter form items posted to ls_arrl are
     posted in as timely a fashion as is possible.  IF the sysop of
     1:116/901 is away there may be delays.  IF so time
     sensitive bulletins such as ARRL Keplarian elements and dx news may
     not be posted upon his return home if the time window has elapsed
     for these items.

     Emcomm Monthly, published monthly by the WRRL is posted to the ham-
     fdn in the file echo hamnews when received  at 1:116/901
     with the permission of the publishers.

     Brass Pounders' quarterly, a publication of the ARRL national
     traffic system is edited and compiled here at FIdonet 1:116/901.
     IT is also available via your ham-fdn source
     in the hamnews file echo.

     The ham-fdn is coordinated by Mark LEwis at fidonet 1:3634/12.
     Contact him for
     further
     information about ham-fdn file echoes.  Announcements of newly
     hatched ham-fdn files can be seen in the echoes ham and ham_tech.

     THe ham-fdn consists of the following file echoes:

     HAMANT Antenna design, utilities and programs
     HAMART Amateur radio/shortwave icons, clipart
     HAMCOMM Cw/aplink/rtty terminal programs
     HAMDEMO Amateur radio software demo programs
     HAMELEC Electronic drafting & calc programs
     HAMEQUIP Cat/Radio Control Programs
     HAMFILES Files to HQ for distribution (back channel area)
     HAMIMAGE Fax/SSTV/WeFax Programs
     HAMINFO General related info
     HAMLNX LINUX Ham files and Utilities
     HAMLOG Amateur Radio & Shortwave Logging Prog
     HAMMISC Misc. amateur radio/shortwave topics
     HAMMODS Amateur, Scanner, SW Radio Mods
     HAMNEWS Amateur Radio Bulletins and News
     HAMNOS  TCP/IP & NOS Related Software
     HAMPACK Packet/GTOR/DSP Comm Programs
     HAMQSL Amateur Radio QSL cards
     HAMSAT Satellite Tracking/Locating Utilities
     HAMSCAN Miscellaneous Radio Freqs
     HAMSOUND Recorded bulletins, other sound bits
     HAMSRC Amateur radio program source code
     HAMSWL Broadcast Schedules, Prog Info
     HAMTRAIN Aid/Programs for theory and morse code
     HAMUTILMisc. Radio Operating Aids and Programs
     SWLQSL SW Radio QSL cards

     THe ham-fdn is distributed by the International FIlegate project.
     Ham-fdn file echoes are available from major hubs.  Bbs users with an
     interest in these file echoes should ask your sysop to carry them.

     Users and sysops with materials appropriate for distribution
     via the ham-fdn should contact the coordinator for submission
     guidelines at the above shown address.  IF you have access to
     shareware programs that would be useful to radio amateurs,
     or other files which may be appropriate use the back channel
     area to submit them.  IF you are not sure how to accomplish this
     contact the fdn coordinator, or ask your local bbs sysop.

     Echomail conferences listed herein are those carried on the NOrth
     American backbone and may be available via othermail
     distribution systems.  Check appropriate lists and if not
     found ask the administrators of your echomail distribution
     system to carry them. Many are currently available via
     worldwide distribution already.

     Tell your ham radio friends about your favorite fidonet connected
     board.  ENcourage them to log on and participate.

     DO  you  offer  a  ham radio related service via fidonet?
     WOuld you like to have it included in this periodic posting?

     Send  netmail  to infoserv at fidonet 1:116/901 and describe
     the  service  you  offer.  If  an  echomail  conference  not
     available via the various backbone systems please tell those
     interested wehre to link  in.  OTherwise,  give  the  reader
     enough information to get started using your service.
     USe a subject line of "fido ham radio" for handling by the
     automation.

     An abbreviated version of this article is posted to the
     ls_arrl echo every 90 days.  You can also retrieve an
     updated version of this lilst via routed netmail or email.
     send netmail to infoserv at 1:116/901 using a subject line
     of "ham info" minus the quote marks.  YOu can email your
     request to infoserv@116-901.ftn.wpusa.dynip.com.

     ScriptKiddies
     By Janis Kracht 1:261/38, janis@filegate.net

     This week, a 'script-kiddie' visted my Web-based BBS.

     Tossing out usernames one after the other, this script
     attempted to tie up all my tcpip nodes.  As I noticed the
     eh jerk attempting this, I have to admit I had a little fun
     with it, though I'm sure no one was watching hehe..

     First I changed "his" screen size to 4 lines.. then I
     helpfully turned on RIP graphics for his tty type..  That
     slowed the script down a bit Lol.

     I knew I couldn't sit there playing with this for a long
     time, but it felt kind of good...  a kind of vengence one
     may not have the opportunity of taking when someone
     'attacks' your system

     After watching his ip address change a few times, I entered
     a password for new users on the BBS.  Now, new users cannot
     log in period, unless they contact me first at
     janis@filegate.net to request the BBS new user password.

     Here's an example of what I saw when we returned from
     Gettysburg:

     Post Office message #13394 from BRoboCop to Janis Kracht
        (PRIVATE) (read).  Entered on 2nd September, 2011 at
        08:44, 28 lines.

     Subject: SysOp Notes ====================

      New user: Acobellimigu Acobellimigu New user: Fergarr
      Fergarr New user: Nialrollennatha Nialrollennat New user:
      Dneacerasha Dneacerasha New user: Nielbarrinnatha
      Nielbarrinnat New user: Nstroupereube Nstroupereube New
      user: Uckwallricod Uckwallricod New user: Grothatrac
      Grothatrac New user: Hneidlinhyac Hneidlinhyac New user:
      Edelsignorprinc Edelsignorpri New user: Alvandencris
      Alvandencris New user: Lheggestemma Lheggestemma New user:
      Schoeneckeminna Schoeneckemin New user: Ergboei Ergboei
      New user: Rpleytedd Rpleytedd New user: Dermananto
      Dermananto New user: Pinkstaffnigel Pinkstaffnigel New
      user: Gessonma Gessonma New user: Rlotteharr Rlotteharr
      New user: Andawall Andawall New user: Damiresons
      Damiresons New user: Ugheyrodg Ugheyrodg New user:
      Nneelmorga Nneelmorga

     Contact me at janis@filegate.net or at 1:261/38 if you need
     the password.

--- Azure/NewsPrep 3.0
 * Origin: Home of the Fidonews (1:1/1.0)