Skriven 2014-03-27 09:16:00 av Bill McGarrity (5527.2fidonews)
  Kommentar till text 13180 av TIM RICHARDSON (1:123/140)
Ärende: Re: The `Global Warming'
================================
-=> TIM RICHARDSON wrote to BILL MCGARRITY <=-

 TR> On 03-25-14, BILL MCGARRITY said to TIM RICHARDSON:

 TR> Here's a little follow-up on this morning's reply to this;

 BM>Tim, were you in NYC during Sandy??

 TR> No. How about this:

 TR> Were *you* in the New York City area in 1821?

 TR> A major hurricane hit Manhattan that year. Sea levels rose as much as
 TR> 13 feet! That it hit at low tide was pretty much the only thing that
 TR> saved the entire city from being washed away by sea water!

 TR> What do you suppose `Man-made' global warming-nee-climate change had to
 TR> do with THAT one?

 BM>Tim,  Sandy wasn't a hurricaine when it hit land so your references aren't
 BM>valid....  it was more of a tropical depression.

 TR> Bill...its been called `hurricane' Sandy by a whole bunch of people.
 TR> Scientists who follow those sorts of storms...insurance companies who
 TR> compensate those who had policies that covered `hurricane' damage...law
 TR> enforcement and emergency responders who tried to aid those in
 TR> dangerous situations due to the `hurricane'...

That's funny, because where I live, you know, one of the states that were hit
by Snady, it's called a super-storm.  The mentioning of 'hurricaine' was valid
while it was down south in the Carribean and over Bermuda and even when it
passed the Outer Banks, but when it made landfall.... it wasn't.

 BM>Oh wait, the NWS said
 BM>that and being you're so pro-gubmint, I guess you can't believe what they
 BM>said.

 TR> Actually...I'm anti-government, as you well know if you've understood a
 TR> single thing I've posted in Fido for the last 20 or more years. So that
 TR> little pseudo-insult of yours will get added to the long list of
 TR> personal attacks you're so redundant with, and ignored with the rest of
 TR> them.

What's wrong... can't take a little sarcasm?  Everyone here knows your feelings
and as expected you've taken the 'gub-mint doesn't know diddly' slant.  So be
it...

 TR> So...lets take a closer look at this `non'-hurricane of yours;

 TR> The `NWS' acronym you sling out there is the `National Weather
 TR> Service'.

 TR> And..`of course'...*they* don't know near as much as *you* do about
 TR> these things!

 TR> But...according to CNN...

 TR> Hurricane Sandy was called both a `hurricane' and `post-tropical'
 TR> storm.

The point you originally made it was a 'hurricane' when it hit the NJ/NY area
and it wasn't.

 TR> As `hurricane Sandy' (as per CNN) it was responsible for 117 deaths in
 TR> the US, spread over several states, and an additional 69 deaths in
 TR> Canada and the Carribbean region.

 TR> According to CNN...it developed as a tropical storm on October 22.

 TR> On October 23 it elevates to a category 1 `hurricane'.

 TR> On October 24, it makes landfall in Jamaica as a `hurricane' with 80mph
 TR> winds.

 TR> On October 25 it makes landfall on a part of Cuba, and is now a
 TR> category 2 `hurricane' with winds of 105mph!

 TR> On October 27, the NWS down-graded Sandy to a `tropical storm'.

 TR> On October 29 it was approaching the US coast as a category 2 storm.

 TR> But...lets look at something here;

 TR> As a `tropical storm'...or a `hurricane'....the result is:

 TR> There are 117 people dead.

 TR> The total losses in dollars is monumental...in the billions!

 TR> We can argue `it was a hurricane'....`it *wasn't* a hurricane'.

 TR> But insurance companies, city governments, weather monitors, all refer
 TR> to it by the name `hurricane Sandy'.

 TR> They're all huge numbers of people. You're just one poster in a social
 TR> media.

 BM>BTW, no comment on my effect on the stratosphere ozone layer or is
 BM>that a myth as well?

 TR> Well...*your* effect on the stratosphere ozone layer I'd have to say is
 TR> minimal-to-non-existent! You're one person. I'd say you have little or
 TR> no imprint on it whatsoever!

 TR> And if you're trying to get mileage out of the `hole in the ozone
 TR> layer' macro the `global warming' chicken little's have been spouting
 TR> for many years, you're wasting your time.

 TR> But...some info on that.

 TR> Firstly....holes in the ozone layer in the upper stratosphere come and
 TR> go on a regular basis.

So you've become an expert on this? Funny, the report I gave you seemed to have
a different outcome.

 TR> Again...it is the Sun doing it and NOT Man! The Solar wind causes
 TR> high-energy particles to hit Earth's upper atmosphere, and some of
 TR> those particle currents consume ozone at both poles.

 TR> Also, volcanoes erupting in the Southern Hemisphere release large
 TR> amounts of gases that also consume ozone in the upper atmosphere.

Agreed, which is a natural occurance.

 TR> Its normal activity. Nothing to panic about...nothing to make a whole
 TR> bunch of restrictive laws and regulations over. Just ordinary every-day
 TR> Solar-Planet interactions.

Says who??  You?

 TR> Oh by the way....

 TR> Al Gore is a great one for preaching the dangers of `man-made' global
 TR> warming.

 TR> But Al Gore's carbon footprint is bigger in one single year than an
 TR> average family of four have in 20!

 TR> Hussein Obama has his wife and kids in China on vacation, with the
 TR> resulting `carbon footprint' of their flying to and from!

 TR> And Hussein Obama himself just flew to Belgium with over 900 people,
 TR> Air Force One, three cargo planes, and 45 motor vehicles!

 TR> Like Al Gore...Hussein Obama is all about everybody else `going green'.

 TR> They're both hypocrites! I drive my car just over 3000 miles a year,
 TR> and I put all of 120 miles on my pickup last year! Those two between
 TR> them burn up more fuel, and pump more CFC's into the atmosphere in a
 TR> WEEK, then I will in the rest of my entire life!

 TR> Before you start running around shouting `the Earth is heating up'
 TR> because of what all of us are doing...maybe you should get the
 TR> attention of the ones who are leading you around by the nose with this
 TR> so-called `global warming' scam, and try to get them to set the
 TR> `example' they want the rest of us to follow!

Just like every president before them.  My point was there is a dangerous issue
and yes, many are at fault which needs to be addressed.  But tell me, China
seems to have the same attitude towards this subject as you do, no restrictions
on any industrial polution.  Tell me, would you enjoy walking around Beijing
without a mask these days?

Why has the US not effectively persued a national rail service? Why do states,
including my own, restrict the direct sale of electric powered cars to
consumers? Why does it still cost a fortune to supply homes with solar? But,
why has the direct involvement of the 'gub-mint' increased the fuel mileage yet
decreased the carbon footprint of all new semi-trucks hitting the streets. As I
stated before Tim, you're in your 70's, we are both part of a generation that
screwed the pooch and simply sticking your head in the sand will not make it go
away.  Mankind keeps destroying the rainforests and other natural scrubbers
that help purify the air we breath and we call that progress. Shameful. You go
on believing that the gub-mint is out to screw you and you alone. Enjoy the
sand... I, along with my children, grand-children... and so on want to enjoy
fresh air and clean water and if that means pissing a few people off, then so
be it.  Consider yourself previlged, you're the first but certainly not the
last.

Enjoy...

Bill

Telnet: bbs.tequilamockingbirdonline.net
Web: bbs.tequilamockingbirdonline.net
IRC: irc.tequilamockingbirdonline.net Ports: 6661-6670 SSL: +6697
Radio: radio.tequilamockingbirdonline.net:8010/live

... Motorcycles are everywhere... Look twice, save a life!!
--- MultiMail/Win32 v0.50
--- SBBSecho 2.26-Win32
 * Origin: TequilaMockingbird Online - Toms River, NJ (1:266/404)