Skriven 2014-09-21 03:38:33 av Lee Lofaso (2:203/2)
  Kommentar till text 18452 av Gregory J. Deyss (1:267/150)
Ärende: Power of Love
=====================
Hello Greg,

Continued from previous message ...

 GJD> Lets take a look at Japan as well.

Beautiful country.  Wonderful people.  Been there.
Their customs are much different than ours.  Impossible
to have even an inkling of understandng Japan unless
one experiences their way of life.

 GJD> Do you know why they really attacked in 1941?

Yes.  A Japanese soldier explained those reasons to me,
from a Japanese point of view.  He had long retired from
the Japanese Imperial Army when we had our little chat.

 GJD> I am afraid you will not find it in any history book.

No need.  I found out first hand.  Or rather, from one
who experienced the war first hand.  :)

The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor was a warning to the
US government not to get involved in Japanese affairs.
Very straightforward, a pinprick of an attack on a military
installation not on or part of the American mainland.

FDR normally would have chosen to do nothing in response.
The Congress normally would have chosen to do nothing in response.

What shocked both the Japanese government and the US government
was the American public's response.  And it was the American public's
response that forced FDR to announce (within hours) to a joint session
of Congress that a state of war existed between the United States and
the Empire of Japan.

The greater war in the Pacific was a race war.  The Japanese
consider themselves as being the white race of the Orient. Their
mission during WWII was to free Asian peoples of colonial (white)
rule.  Asians were considered as being inferior to Japanese, but
whites inferior to Asians.  Japanese encouraged Asians to mistreat
whites, including women and children as if no white person was
worth so much as a bowl of rice.

 GJD> Today they are one of America's Allies as is most of the countrys you
 GJD> mentioned.

Our enemies will always be our friends, as long as we continue to
buy our friendship with them.  But what will happen when the money
runs out?  What will happen if we refuse to subsidize Europe or
Asia or wherever else we want our troops to be deployed?

The Beatles sang a tune long ago called "Can't Buy Me Love".

No matter where we go (Germany, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq,
Afghanistan, etc.) the people who are there will remain in their
own place (where they have always been) when we leave.

And when we leave, those people will do things in their own
way.  Just as they have always done.  As if we had never even
been there in the first place.

We will never gain the love and affection of people by bombing them.
We will never gain the love and affection of people by burning their
villages.  We will never gain the love and affection of people by
torturing or waterboarding their friends and neighbors.  The only
thing that accomplishes is enmity.  And some of those peoples have
long memories.  Memories that last for centuries.

 LL>> In the case of ISIN, the cost is minimal.  Having only a
 LL>> small handful of fighters (the CIA estimates 31,500 at
 LL>> most)

 GJD> Try 80,000 and growing...

France jumped into the fray, thus expanding those numbers even more.
What do you think is going to happen when Muslims decide to take the
fight to France?   How many French heads will roll when the Muslims
arrive?  Or what if they are already there, just waiting for orders?

 LL>> this group of terrorists has virtually nothing to lose
 LL>> and everything to gain.  What do they want?  To spark a
 LL>> worldwide religious war between Muslims and infidels.  How best to
 LL>> do that?  Get the Great Satan (the USA and its proxies) to
 LL>> attack Muslims in Muslim homelands ...

 GJD> Great Satan? Excuse me, you are really misinformed.

There is Great Satan and there is Little Satan.
For now, Little Satan (Israel) is being kept at bay.

 GJD> You are either one of those sheep hurder terrorists or a liberal.

Jimmy Carter was not the Great Satan that Iranians were ranting about.

 GJD>>> So what do you suggest we do? Send in the powderpuff girls?

 LL>> That would be a start.  Along with having everybody
 LL>> holding hands while singing "Kumbaya".

 GJD> and before we get the first note off, they will slaughter us.

"Islam is a religion of peace." - David Cameron

"Islam is peace." - George W. Bush

 GJD> Yeah not happening.

I'm sure they'll sing it in arabic.

 GJD>>> These are terrorists they do not want to talk.

 LL>> They are more than willing to talk.  Osama bin Laden did.

 GJD> Bin Laden was responible for so many attacks around the world.

Bin Laden made many claims, but may not have been responsible
for much of anything.  However, it was our own fault, as we are
the ones who armed him and his terrorist group.  We wanted to
make war on the Russians for having invaded Afghanistan, but
could not do it ourselves.  So we found a proxy willing to do
it for us.  We called that proxy the mujahadeen.  After they
completed their work in Afghanistan, they set about collecting
their reward.  It is a price we are still paying today ...

 GJD> So yeah talking... Not so much..

We may have fed bin Laden to the fishes, but true believers will
continue to do their business for as long as the black stone remains
in one piece at Mecca.

 LL>> Until we shut him up and made him food for the fishes.

 GJD> So they tell us...

Well, none of us really knows for sure.  ;)

 GJD> I still think a better way for him to meet his maker would of been to
 GJD> capture him alive and drop him off in NYC.

Oh, come now.  Those Navy guys knew what they were doing.  ObL
was captured alive, given a fair trial, sentenced, and convicted.
Then put in front a firing squad and shot.  All in the course of
five seconds.  This was clearly done in due accordance with the
US Constitution, which guarantees all who are accused the right
to a speedy trial.

 GJD> As least we would have a visual confirmation of his death,

Watching a man get shot in the head in not a pretty sight.  I
realize Hollywood does it all the time.  But that's make believe.
Making a snuff film live on television is something else entirely.
Besides, you never would have been able to get your kids to go
back to sleep after watching that episode.

 GJD> rather than a story which ends up with 'oh yeah we, dumped him in the
 GJD> ocean.'

How would you like it if somebody broke into your home, shot
a loved one to death, then stole the body and dumped it in the
sea?  You would hate that person or group of people with a
passion.  And that is how Pakistanis felt when we did what we
did.

 GJD>>> They kill anyone by any faith,

 LL>> Only infidels, never [true] believers.

 GJD> idfidels... interesting... innocent men, women and children?

There are no innocents in this world.
Only believers and infidels.

 GJD>>> they must be met with the full force of the U.S. Military and our
 GJD>>> coalition partners.

 LL>> And thus give them everything they want - more true
 LL>> believers of the faith.

 GJD> Bring it on, we will reload.

It is impossible for us to reload fast enough.
There are just too many of them.

Best to simply accept our fate.
Or kismet, as Muslims like to say.

--Lee

--- MesNews/1.08.05.00-gb
 * Origin: news://felten.yi.org (2:203/2)