Skriven 2016-06-02 23:57:53 av Lee Lofaso (2:203/2)
  Kommentar till text 33686 av Allen Prunty (1:2320/100)
Ärende: Norwegian Justice
=========================
Hello Allen,

 ->> Timothy McVeigh offed 168 men, women and children.
 ->> He was clearly delusional, believing himself to be
 ->> a soldier, doing the work of God.  No judge or jury
 ->> was going to allow Timothy McVeigh to get the help
 ->> he needed.  The only form of justice he was going
 ->> to get was that one-way ticket to paradise.

 AP> Yes Timothy McVeigh was a piece of work... I will never deny that.

Raised Catholic.  Served honorably in Iraq.  Then joined
the Army of God, a Christian militia group.

 AP> And I believe in his case the execution was a "mercy" killing on his part.
 AP> There aren't many people that I would write off unredeemable.

He got others to help him carry out his mad scheme.  Even
though he was an Army veteran, he lacked the specialized
training/skills needed to make a bomb, etc.  But he knew
others who had the training and skills, or rather where to
find them.  And that is where the conspiracy comes in.

His co-conspirator (Nichols) went to the Philippines and met
with Muslims who had the training and know-how.  Then he
returned and helped McVeigh build the bomb he needed/wanted
to use.

Nichols received life in prison for his efforts.  Why he
was spared only God knows.  But in my view, he was every bit
as guilty as McVeigh.

 AP> In my career I have met some people that I truly believe were not crazy,
but
 AP> just plumb evil people.  One of the people that I encountered like that
was
 AP> "Mel Ignatow" google that person if you want to see what true evil was.

I have met evil.  The true face of evil.  At less than six feet
away.  I did not realize how evil until later.  But it was pure
evil.

Remember Muhammad?  The Beltway Sniper?  I met him.  In the parking
lot of a grocery store.  Just after his buddy Malvo had killed a woman
in cold blood.

Of course, I did not know he was a killer at the time.  I also did
not know Malvo was hiding in the trunk of the car in the other parking
lot waiting to off somebody at the gas station across the street.

Two parking lots - grocery store and restaurant, divided by median.
I was parked on edge of grocery store parking lot.  He was standing
on edge of restaurant parking lot, his car parked by dumpster.  Gas
station was across the street from parked car, with alignment of
trunk towards gas station.

Muhammad was dressed in a white short-sleeved t-shirt, with white
pants, and a pair of black shoes.  He was standing outside a white
pickup truck, which I knew was not his own, as he kept looking at
a dark blue car that was parked right by the dumpster.

This was a physically imposing figure, a man in top shape.  He never
spoke a word to me, and I never spoke a word to him.  This man had
DANGER spelled all over him.  Not just his face, but his entire body.

I had gone to the store to return some videotapes.  I stepped outside
my car, and froze when I saw him standing by the pickup truck just a
few feet away.  I knew better than to run, as that would have meant
instant death.  Only thing I could do was to stare him down, and hope
to survive.

After a few minutes, I walked slowly to the entrance of the store.
I asked the manager to call law enforcement, that a suspicious
character was in the parking lot.  I also had the make of the car
and the license plate number.  The manager laughed it off, saying
people like that are always around in the parking lot, and chose
to do nothing at all.

Think of the lives that would have been saved had the manager
called 911 upon my request.  I had the make of the car and the
license plate number (New Jersey plates).  Along with a full
description of one of the gunmen (Malvo was unseen, as he was
hidden from view).

 AP> He murdered his girlfriend in a satanic ritual... and took very graphic
 AP> pictures of what happened.  It was not pretty, however none of the
 AP> pictures came to light until YEARS after he was found not guilty.

Pictures are not evidence in court of law.

 AP> The police did not have the evidence to connect the dots and make the
 AP> charges stick.  So Mr. Ignato enjoyed years of freedom until his old
 AP> house sold, and the new owners pulled up the carpet.

I can use photography to depict anything I want.  Doesn't make
any of it real.

 AP> Sadly, in an air vent, was a ziplock back with many rolls of undevloped
 AP> film.  On the film was pictures of the murder of his girlfriend.  I
 AP> worked for the corrections department at that time and the film was
 AP> developed in the photo lab we shared with the police department.  On the
 AP> film was very graphic images of the murder.  Unfortunately I saw some of
 AP> them and they were the kind of horrors that you can't get out of your
 AP> mind... they are the things that can't be unseen.

One of my friends took pictures and video of his girlfriend,
and kept it in a private safe at his house.  One day, the cops
found it and took it to the station.  After viewing the contents,
the cops returned half, but not all, that was in it.  My friend
never did get a satisfactory explanation as to what happened, or
why.  And since he was an undocumented worker at the time, he
did not want to make a big fuss about it ...

 AP> Due to the fact he was found not guilty of murder they could not re-try
 AP> him because of the 'Double Jeopardy' clause... however, they did try and
 AP> convict him of obstruction of justice and perjury.

Based on new evidence he could have been retried.  Kinda like the
OJ Simpson case.  Know what I mean?  Anyway, they got OJ locked up
on other charges, so he ain't goin' nowhere.

 AP> He served a term after that and was in and out of my local facility for
 AP> court appearances.  He was a master manipulator... definately evil.  I
 AP> likened him to a real life "Hannibal Lector".  Every encounter that I
 AP> had with him left my skin crawling with ick.

Charles Manson has been eligible for parole for years.
Society will never allow him to be released from prison.

John Hinckley says he has been cured of his illness, and
has gotten a shrink to vouch for him in that regard.
Some judge will undoubtedtly grant him his fondest wish
to be released from St. Elizabeth's Mental Hospital so
that he can be re-united with his elderly mother on a
permanent basis.

 AP> Then came the day when they actually let him out of prison.  He had
 AP> "found Jesus" and became a self-proclaimed minister.  However after a
 AP> short time Justice has a way of being served, his son found him dead in
 AP> his apartment.  Apparently he tripped and fell, conveniently into a
 AP> glass coffee table which severed a major artery.  He bled to death, much
 AP> like his poor girlfriend he killed many years earlier.

Everybody gets to meet their Maker.  Some sooner rather than later.

 ->> Man is a despicable creature.  He is capable of doing
 ->> much more than he thinks himself capable of.  A true
 ->> monster in sheep's clothing.  Easily sheared.

 AP> I've learned that we all have "monsters" inside us... we keep them at
 AP> bay.  My Psychology training teaches me that our nightmares are nothing
 AP> more than the dark things that our minds keep from us.  We all have the
 AP> capacity to do evil or good... but there is a "gateway" in our mind that
 AP> governs this part of us.

Are we basically good but capable of evil?
Or basically evil but capable of good?

Even the devil is capable of appearing as an angel of light.
So how can we know what is good and what is evil?  Or can we
ever know?

 AP> One wise person in my chain of command told us that to be a good law
 AP> enforcement officer you have to walk the fine line of being a monster
 AP> yourself... it takes monsters to catch monsters.

"... must we dream our dreams and have them too?"
- Elizabeth Bishop, "Questions of Travel"

 AP> Thanks Lee... lots to reflect on.  I appreciate your posts.

That depends on which side of the looking glass one is peering through.

--Lee

--- MesNews/1.08.05.00-gb
 * Origin: news://eljaco.se (2:203/2)