Skriven 2016-10-23 08:34:59 av rick christian (1:3634/12)
  Kommentar till text 37159 av Tim Richardson (5819.fidonet_fidonews)
Ärende: Debate Fright
=====================
On 10/22/2016 04:48 AM, Tim Richardson -> RICK CHRISTIAN wrote:

 TR> It is claimed that roughly half of all pregnancies are `unintended'.
 TR> It is also claimed that, about 51 percent of women who have abortions
 TR> claimed
 TR> they'd used some sort of contraceptive and got pregnant anyway.

Claimed by who?? EXACTLY, direct link, please.

Again, I don't see long lines at the various places offering these services so,
I find these claims to be specious without proof.

 TR> If a woman really doesn't WANT to get pregnant...she won't! Why? Because
 TR> she
 TR> would use a preventive method she knows works.

You seem to be headed down the uptight Puritan prude train, of abstinence for
all unless you want a child...

Well, that time is over!

If you wish to live your live as some Puritanic prude, go right ahead, BUT
don't try to FORCE that lifestyle down mine or others throats as the only way
of life.

 TR> If it was true that many women used some sort of contraceptive and got
 TR> pregnant anyway....the industries that produce the various contraceptive
 TR> products would have been sued out of business long ago! And don't even
 TR> try to deny that!

I will deny it, since I don't agree with it and your "proof" is specious at
best. I am sure that some one has sued over birth control pills or condoms not
working...

Again you are advocating for 100% abstinence unless you are in the active role
of procreation... That view point is centuries out of date, and that genie is
out of the bottle, and ain't going back!

If that is your lifestyle, great! Don't try to force that Puritanic BS down
mine and others throats!

 TR> We live in a day and age where a bakery can be sued
 TR> out of business for refusing to bake a certain type of cake!

I am sure there have been suits, I am just too lazy to go find them.

One I found quickly, as curiosity got me...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/jan/24/claredyer1

This from a 1995 incident with a case filed in 2000...

And lets see condoms have been around how long???? And thats best hit??

Again, I am sure there have been, I am just not doing your research.

 TR> I'm not one of them.

But you object to another medical form of birth control, abortion?

There has to be reasons???

 > You seem to care little for the `human life' she was careless enough to
 TR> produce and decided she didn't want. That means `death' for a human who
 TR> can't defend itself or make informed decisions that decide whether it
 TR> lives or dies.

AHAA!! We are getting some answers now....

It ain't a human life with rights till its B-O-R-N! Period. Then you get
rights!

 TR> And one final point;
 TR> As long as SHE pays for it, and not one single cent for an abortion OR
 TR> her birth control pills come out of taxpayers pockets!

DING!!!! DING!! !DINGG!!!!

We NOW have a REASON!

I see this posted around alot... but I don't think that every abortion in the
US is funded by tax money... Some sure, I don't know as I never had the issue,
but I am pretty sure that a good portion of the offices offering the service in
my area are going to be expecting CASH upfront for the procedure.... Don't
know, don't have personal experience from it....

 TR> What I've `said' about abortion is my opinion of it based on reality.

Your opinion is not based on fact or reality. It is your perceived reality from
your viewpoint.

There are several offices which offer abortions in my area. I go past them
pretty much every day at all hours of the day...and other than the whackos out
there protesting... there is NO LINE of women waiting to get abortions, which
would be the case if it was/is the #1 birth control method. They would be there
24/7/365.... Hell the places are only open like 8-5 Tu-Sa! They got better
hours than I get! HMmmm...

I see more women running around with their patches for birth control than
anything around here. And the others that I personally happen to know are
taking those little pills.

So unless you back it up, my own experience shows that some form of medicinal
birth control is in fact used more often than abortion.

 TR> Abortion means the death of a human who has no say in the matter.

NOT a human till its born, NEXT!

 TR> And the deaths from abortion since Roe v Wade far surpasses anything
 TR> the Nazis did in the 1930's and 40's. There's no getting around that.

Like I care! Thousands die from car accidents, probably more than the Nazis did
too! And I still don't care!

 TR> But there is no provision or enumerated `right' to abortion in our
 TR> Constitution....

Wild accusation out of no where! Who said there is???

There is also no constitutional reason to outlaw it either.

 TR> and if a woman is stupid enough to get pregnant in
 TR> a day and age where there are so many preventives, let her pay for
 TR> her OWN abortion.

While I agree on the point that those seeking the procedure should pay for
it... its not a reason to outlaw the procedure.

There are a lot of things that my tax $$$ goes to pay for that I dislike. Lets
start with paying school taxes when I don't have a kid(s)! Why should I pay for
your rugrat to be educated!??!? You have a kid, you pay for it! Doesn't mean we
should outlaw schools!

We could go down a long list of things local to federal that my tax $$$ is
funding which I disagree with.... many of these things for me are what some
call entitlements like schools....doesn't mean we should outlaw schools or
other things to stop it..

Yes, I disagree that my tax $$$ funds alot of things... unless I am appointed
DICTATOR it ain't likely to change.

And more importantly I don't care enough about my pennies if that going to fund
abortions that I am going to get all worked up over it... Paying $3K/year for
schools, is different, as thats a direct line item to me!

 TR> There's also nothing in the Constitution that makes taxpayers responsible
 TR> for the cost of abortions.

Where in this is this wild ass idea coming from???

 TR> They played.....they pay!

While I agree.. YOUR PENNIES, if that, is not a reason to outlaw the
procedure...and I think that you have more objections to it than that!

As you played this whole life/death card thing... Well it ain't a human till
its born, and thus no rights. Which I think is where your objections lie more
so than the cover story of pennies, if that, going to fund abortions.

Outlawing abortion is going to have an effect on other services like DCF etc..
Services which already are ill funded, overburdened, and fail to protect their
clients, ie: kids... Outlawing abortion would add more to an already broken
system. Additionally the back room abortions performed in the past would
skyrocket leading to deaths or more persons in the ER getting treatment.

If I had to guess your objections rest more on the "death" viewpoint which is
most likely heavily cult influenced. When you step away from that cult brain
washing and look at this purely clinically as a medical procedure, then you
will understand its use and purpose.

 * Origin: news://news.wpusa.dynip.com | acct req'd to post (1:3634/12)