Möte FUNNY, 4886 texter
Skriven 2006-04-14 07:09:02 av Greg Sears (3:633/104)
Ärende: A cool story
====================
 Here's to T-bone steaks, yellow roses and friendship.
 READ THIS!!!! and then reread it. Especially the last part...

 I walked into the grocery store not particularly interested in
buyinggroceries. I wasn't hungry. The pain of losing my husband of 7 years was
stilltoo raw. And this grocery store held so many sweet memories.

 He often came with me and almost every time he'd pretend to go off and lookfor
something special. I knew what he was up to. I'd always spot him walkingdown
the aisle with the three yellow roses in his hands.

 He knew I loved yellow roses. With a heart filled with grief, I only wanted
tobuy my few items and leave, but even grocery shopping was different since
hehad passed on.

 Shopping for one took time, a little more thought than it had for two.

 Standing by the meat, I searched for the perfect small steak and rememberedhow
he had loved his steak.

 Suddenly a woman came beside me. She was blonde, slim and lovely in a
softgreen pantsuit. I watched as she picked up a large package of T-bones,
droppedthem in her basket.. Hesitated, and then put them back. She turned to go
andonce again reached for the pack of steaks.

 She saw me watching her and she smiled. "My husband loves T-bones,
buthonestly, at these prices, I don't know."

 I swallowed the emotion down my throat and met her pale blue eyes.

 "My husband passed away eight days ago," I told her. Glancing at the packagein
her hands, I fought to control the tremble in my voice. "Buy him the steaks.And
cherish every moment you have together."

 She shook her head and I saw the emotion in her eyes as she placed the
packagein her basket and wheeled away.

 I turned and pushed my cart across the length of the store to the
dairyproducts. There I stood, trying to decide which size milk I should buy.
AQuart, I finally decided and moved on to the ice cream. If nothing else,
Icould always fix myself an ice cream cone.

 I placed the ice cream in my cart and looked down the aisle toward the front.I
saw first the green suit, then recognized the pretty lady coming towards me.In
her arms she carried a package. On her face was the brightest smile I hadever
seen. I would swear a soft halo encircled her blonde hair as she keptwalking
toward me, her eyes holding mine.

 As she came closer, I saw what she held and tears began misting in my
eyes."These are for you," she said and placed three beautiful long stemmed
yellowroses in my arms. "When you go through the line, they will know these are
paidfor." She leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on my cheek, then smiled
again.I wanted to tell her what she'd done, what the roses meant, but still
unable tospeak, I watched as she walked away as tears clouded my vision.

 I looked down at the beautiful roses nestled in the green tissue wrapping
andfound it almost unreal. How did she know? Suddenly the answer seemed so
clear.I wasn't alone.

 Oh, you haven't forgotten me, have you? I whispered, with tears in my eyes.
Hewas still with me, and she was his angel.

 Every day be thankful for what you have and who you are.
 (Please read all of this, it is really nice)

 This is a simple request. If you appreciate life, send this to your
friends,including the person that sent it to you.

 Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings. Thank
you,Lord, that I can hear. There are many who are deaf.

 Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light as long
aspossible. Thank you, Lord, that I can see. Many are blind.

 Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising. Thank you, Lord, that Ihave
the strength to rise. There are many who are bedridden.

 Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks are lost, toast
isburned, tempers are short, and my children are so loud.

 Thank you, Lord, for my family. There are many who are lonely.

 Even though our breakfast table never looks like the picture in magazines
andthe menu is at times unbalanced.

 Thank you, Lord, for the food we have. There are many who are hungry.

 Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day and wish
mycircumstances were not so modest.

 Thank you, Lord, for life.

 Pass this on to the friends you know. It might help a bit to make this world
abetter place to live, right? A friend is someone we turn to when our
spiritsneed a lift. A friend is someone to treasure.

 For friendship is a gift. A friend is someone who fills our lives with
Beauty,Joy and Grace and makes the world we live in a better and happier place.

 YOU ARE MY FRIEND!

 God bless you and yours.

 Now send this to every friend you have and don't forget me

     . . . . o o o o o
  oo    oo  'oo OOOO-| oo\_  I C E-man

... Cool! I figured out the Sysop's passwor$>@7& NO CARRIER

--- EzyBlueWave V2.01b006 00F90257
 * Origin: Afraid of the competition? We ARE the Competition! (3:633/104)