Möte HOLYSMOKE, 6791 texter
Skriven 2009-03-17 23:24:28 av Ross Sauer (1:123/789.0)
   Kommentar till text 3337 av JOHNJWILSON (1:123/140)
Ärende: Creationism
===================
"JOHNJWILSON -> ROSS SAUER" <1:123/140> wrote in

 GD>>>   compounds.

 GD>>>   actual RS> life on other planets, not just Earth.

 J> Why you think this would be true puzzles me. If you really believe
 J> that God Created heaven and earth, why would this insignificant slab
 J> of mud be the only recipient of His creative act? :-)There are a
 J> gazillion of neat-o planets - on some of them a Jesus convinces the
 J> world! And rules! You should see the pyramid built for HIM!
 J> (Of course there are the Vogons (Volgons?)...)

Did you fill out the request in triplicate and bury it in the mud? <G>

 ->> That is how we'll be "contacted," if intelligent life does exast
 J> elwhere in
 ->> the universe.

 J> On this planet first contacts generally become extinctions to the life
 J> forms visited. We will be considered galaxy germs, and when the
 J> history is written, our planet will not even be mentioned...

That possibility has occured to more than one person.

 J> What evidence do you have of this?

Just look at Pat Robertson's views on UFO's.

Robertson Advocates Stoning for UFO Enthusiasts

by Skipp Porteous
Freedom Writer Magazine

In a recent pronouncement, television evangelist and Christian Coalition
president Pat Robertson advocated death by stoning for UFO enthusiasts.

Freedom Writer magazine disclosed Robertson's statement in its
July/August issue. Freedom Writer is published by the Institute for
First Amendment Studies, a group that monitors the right.

Robertson used the news of the July 4th Mars landing to promote his
extreme beliefs. A segment on the July 8, 1997 broadcast of The 700 Club
featured news of the Mars Pathfinder mission. Employing the historical
event as a starting point, the program delved into the possibility of
the existence of UFOs and space aliens.

While Robertson viewed the space program with suspicion, on a more
serious note, he launched into a diatribe against those who entertain
the existence of space aliens and UFOs. In a rambling discourse, he said
that if such things exist, they are simply demons trying to lead people
away from Christ. According to Robertson, the threat is so serious that
people who believe in space aliens should be put to death by stoning --
according to "God's word."

"The Bible says the Earth belongs to man, but the heavens belong to the
Lord," Robertson said. "He has given us the Earth. He also warned, way
back when Moses was writing down not only what is the Ten Commandments,
but Deuteronomy, which is almost the Second Law.

"Here is what he said to the children of Israel about this whole matter:

"'If there is found among you, within any of your gates which the Lord
your God gives you, a man or a woman who has been wicked in the sight of
the Lord your God, in transgressing His covenant, who has gone and
served other gods and worshipped them, either the sun or moon or any of
the hosts of heaven which I have not commanded you, and you hear of it,
then you shall inquire diligently. And if it is indeed true and certain
that such an abomination has been committed in Israel, then you shall
bring out to your gates that man or woman who has committed that wicked
thing, and stone to death that man or woman with stones.' (Deuteronomy
17:2-5, NKJV)

"Now, that's what Moses said to the children of Israel about those who
worship the sun and the moon and the hosts of heaven, because these
things, at best, are lifeless nothings, or, if they are intelligent,
they're demonic. And, yes, there is a host of heaven. There are angels
and there are fallen angels. There is no question about it.

"Can a demon appear as a slanty-eyed, funny-looking creature? Of course
he can, or it can. Of course they can deceive people. And if they can
lead somebody away from the true God, or away from Jesus Christ, anyway
it happens, it doesn't matter, you will lose your salvation. It doesn't
matter how they get you. The question is, did they get you, and under
what guise?

"This is man in rebellion against God, who refuses to take God's Law.
And God says, 'My covenant says you won't do this. And if I find anybody
in Israel,'-- "which is his pure nation" -- 'If I find anybody in Israel
that's doing this sort of thing, then I want you to take him out and
dispose of him.

"It's a clear violation of God's word."

 J>   who are
 GD>>>   convinced RS> the Earth and the universe are less than
 J> 10,000 years
 GD>>>   old,

 J> B.C. 4,004, to be exact.

So I've read.

 J>   and the RS> Earth was created just for humans

 J> Actually, for me alone. You may think it was created for you, but it
 J> was for me. 13,234,132,402 years, 3 months, two days five hours
 J> and....uh...oh hell that's close enough. That's when this infinite
 J> entity, infinitely small and infinitely dense, decided that that was
 J> uncomfortable, and spewed out billions of Galaxy's  each with billions
 J> of stars, billions of solar systems and on THIS one, life started 3
 J> billion years ago to develop finally into ME! Whew! What a trip!

Well, if I don't pay my rent, I get evicted. <G>

 ->> Which is why a few fundy preachers have labeled even the
 J> postulation of -> life elsewhere, as "Satanic."

 J> Oh,Yeah? Well there are Atheist Churches that force people (because
 J> it's all chance random chaos), to buy church lottery tickets, with the
 J> pastor winning 8 times out of 10...which proves that all atheists are
 J> greed bastards. I know this: I read it in the ...uh....a
 J> book...tv...radi...somewhere.

Where?

--- Xnews/5.04.25
 * Origin: Fidonet Via Newsreader - http://www.easternstar.info (1:123/789.0)