Möte IC, 2851 texter
Skriven 2006-05-03 00:38:42 av Philip Lozier (1:267/169)
    Kommentar till text 817 av Vladimir Donskoy (2:5020/2992)
Ärende: Situation on R2:50
==========================
 WD>> 1) I will not be organising and therefor will not be chastised by the
 WD>> RC's
 WD>>    for attempting to violate P4

 VD> But who must (or can) organising elections, if not you? And what
 VD> will time of it?

The answer is simple my freind.

R50

Whatever time you set.

Attempts have been made, and failed, because of anal retentive adherance to
bullshit.

Just keep in mind, if attempted, that there -are- those who would support it
even not from R50, and that anything set down should:

1: change the restrictive nature as it exists... and,

2: keep the rest of FidoNEt in mind, as well as,

3: Keep "ckecks and balances" in place as per the scope and idea of the
outdated policy intended.

Updating to current needs is one thing, but changing the idea and intent of the
documentis another.

The document should never be made in a way to give "power" to any one segment.
IMO, your Z2 "GOD" and former (yet still claims to be) IC has that particular
intent in mind, and your desires have already indicated the need for the
"break" due to that.

Pay close attention to the facts of my net as it stands... I am sympathetic to
your needs, as two nodes who are now NY residents are former Russian nodes:

1:267/69  Andrew Dolidov
1:267/250 Sergey Zubkov

Both are fine gentlmen from the discussions I've had with them... educated in
presentation... fluent in english so there is no misunderstanding... and
because of my own background (not Russian, but Ukrainian on my mothers side), I
would have to say that you -DO- have advocates here.

YOUR region has the say, and the power to make that say be fact, being the
major majority in FidoNet itself.  YOUR REGION also seems to have a problem
with your ZC, a problem which ahs existed EVERYWHERE for some time now when he
-was- IC, and not just "claiming" to be by -weight- based on zone size in which
it seems you fine Russian fellows had nothing to say in at all.

I would suggest that before a "revolution" is staged, that some consultation
occurs with willing members from other zones, and within your own outside of
R50, and see of a plan of action can be established that can be worked as a
joint effort.

Two goals...

1) The Russian segment of FidoNet being recognized as seperate from Z2 and the
totalatarian domination of the smaller segment of the zone, and having your
area being accorded it's rightful wish to having their own zone, desirably in
Z6 which was going to be abolished anyway to serve the purpose of both giving
your segmenet the zone you desire within FidoNet set standards, and preventing
the demise of a non populated zone.  (NO need for a Zone 7)

2) That with this newly established zone, and the break in the stalemate that
has existed, that the rest of FidoNEt can work together with your zone (the
willing ones) to rework policy into a more realistic document for todays needs
of FidoNet.  Desirably this would not be an entire rewrite, but an updating...
preserving the key parts of policy to reflect the nature of the network, and
only updating the parts to take into accord the technologies opf today, yet
preserving the structure of it which has held it togethr in the first place
despite the turmoil which has existed for a deacde now.

An *ALL OUT* revolution is one thing... this is not what I propose. I have a
respect for the structure you all have set in your area, and only wish the rest
of Fido was in suit in this card game.

Think on it.  In the meantime, I'm forwarding this message via netmail to the
two nodes I metioned above that were former Russian nodes, and if you wish,
please feel free to pass this on in your regional echoes and translate it if
you have to.

I am open for comment on the whole idea here, or if you feel it better, via
netmail.  I will estblish a secure session with you if you wish.  Maybe
better... keep 'em guessing.

My only desire is to keep FidoNet going, and (dare I say it?) maybe attract new
nodes.  The way things are -now-, it's hard to even think of new nodes.  They'd
run like the wind and not because of 'technology' but by the pure overwhelming
of bullshit.

BTW... I also respect the usage of "points" in your region... soemthing that
was always 'overlooked' in Z1, and what I always thought could be a powerful
use of Fido.... you guys proved it is.

Well... at the risk of having some of my own zone hate my guts, and Z2 (which
only a few actually "tolerate" me), I've put my hand out...

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

Phil

 WD>> 2) I will not be a candidate and passing the torch to another ZC will
 WD>> most
 WD>>    likely be the last message I'll ever write in the network prior to
 WD>>    closing shop, whenever that will be. There must come an end to
 WD>>    everything some time.

 VD> Will you abandon FIDO? It will very compassion...

 VD> Regards, Vladimir Donskoy

 VD> --- GoldED+/W32-MINGW 1.1.5-b20060326
 VD>  * Origin: DVB Station (2:5020/2992)

--- FMail/Win32 1.60
 * Origin: ==<<FLaSHBaCK-BBS>>== part of the NYCap/Adirondack Netwo (1:267/169)