Möte MUFFIN, 783 texter
Skriven 2006-05-08 17:49:36 av Gert Koefoed Andersen (2:236/150)
    Kommentar till text 239 av Bob Jones (1:343/41.0)
Ärende: Maximus and msgAreas permissions
*** Answering a msg posted in area carbonArea (Private Received Netmail).

Hello Bob Jones!

07 May 06 12:11, you wrote to me:

 BJ>  * Forwarded from area 'MUFFIN'
 GKA>> I could make some extra answers in a newuser file
 GKA>> there ask the user about he is node i some nets and
 GKA>> ask him to type the node number and if the user type
 GKA>> no to the first net then jump to next nets.

 BJ> You could set up the initial log in script (mex file?) to handle
 BJ> asking the questions.

As I can remember i for long long ago when Linux and windows not was the big
and almost fidonets was running by good old DOS and i was using maximus that
time and had over 100 users I had made a mex/mecca file named newuser3.bbs
there asked the new user about around 30 questions and put the answer in a text
file to be viewed once a week of new user and see if any users like to pay for
getting some good high level to dl lot of files from bbs.

 GKA>> When the user has type in his node number maximus then
 GKA>> look into the nodelist for checking it and if the name
 GKA>> is find here the file set the first key for the user
 GKA>> and if more than one nets several keys is sets for the
 GKA>> user and each msg area has this keys so if it goes
 GKA>> like this:

 BJ> You would need some external process / program to validate the
 BJ> nodelist information.  I believe that is reasonable to do....

Could be yes and then is it just what type of process / progrom to do it some
script file there search in the nodelist the nodenumber and or name of the user
in it and write a list file with number for first searching and then go to the
next nodelist and searching ...
Then if the user not found in a nodelist the script program make it to net name
and "-"
but if all was done and the user was find in all the net he has typed yes
should the script pogram could make it like:
User A B
StarNet ok
Advnet ok
linuxnet ok
stn ok
pascal-net ok
justaxnet ok
rime ok
"Writing a netmail about user is A B set to have keys"
"Sysop of BbS do a manual check of the new ser it right to get the keys!"

 GKA>> 1. Is you a Starnet node (Yes/No) ?
 GKA>>    Your node number here :
 GKA>> 2. Is you a Linuxnet node (Yes/No)
 GKA>>    Your node number :

 BJ> Reasonable.....

I could make some manual check on the new user is in the nets he has type "Yes"
on and manual give him the right keys and let the echoes with keys have a
higher level than Demoted

 GKA>> And each answer of yes and by in typing the right node
 GKA>> mumber will set the keys for the user such as like all
 GKA>> 6 has a Yes answer gives keys as 578CFG +something other keys.
 GKA>> then could i in the msgs setup use divisions where it
 GKA>> could be like each nets msgarea starnet.* etc. and
 GKA>> divison is starnet and the user is by the question and
 GKA>> his answer setup for the nets as starnet linuxnet stn
 GKA>> etc. so when he goes to the msg areas will see the msg
 GKA>> from start of.

 BJ> You have the right idea.  I probably would manually set the keys when
 BJ> I validated the user.....

That will be a good idea to do and let my self as sysop have all keys setup to
use and let all new user getting into BBS and starting with a access level a
bit higher than under zero level so the by a last goodbye bulletin or showing
know that they have to wait some time and visit the bbs again will be validated
an setup with a higher level.

 GKA>> In the msgarea.ctl file shall have made the nets Style
 GKA>> and acs setup with higher levels and keys and maybe
 GKA>> use setup by divisions like:
 GKA>> MsgDivisionsBegin linuxnet     Demoted . DIVISIONS: Linuxnet
 GKA>> MsgArea sysops
 GKA>>     ACS     Demoted
 GKA>>     Desc     (LN) Sysop echo
 GKA>>     Style   Squish Conf Pub Pvt
 GKA>>     Tag     linuxnet.sysops
 GKA>>     Path    ........
 GKA>> End MsgArea

 BJ> You have the right idea.  I believe the keys need to be specified with
 BJ> the access level.  From memory, the MsgDivisionBegin line should
 BJ> contain something like Demoted/L and the ACS line for the
 BJ> linuxnet.sysops area should also have Demoted/L if key L is what you
 BJ> are using for Linuxnet.  If the key is set for the user, the user will
 BJ> see the area *if* they have privilage of Demoted or greater.  If the
 BJ> key is *not* set, they would not see the area at all.

Yes and I will use the Keys as A J K L P R S T (Z) but Z don't like to be used
so i took T instead of it.
I came then to some little thinking why there is both StarNet and Sysop's
TechNet (STN) where StarNet could maybe have S1 and STN S2, but used K for
StarNet why the nets with J L P S is the net I and IC on.

 GKA>> So when the user has the right keys setup for the nets
 GKA>> and msgs he will could see and use the msgs when he
 GKA>> goes to msg section and the keys are set to be make it
 GKA>> the user just like to see the linuxnet echo he type
 GKA>> linuxnet and get all the echoes for linuxnet and not
 GKA>> other echoes.

 BJ> You have the correct idea......

Then is it if i can getting it work by telnet from BinkD and if telnet
fido.kofobbs.dk or telnet binkp.kofobbs.dk shal be used and to make a lille
script file there working between binkd and maximus so binkd gived the port 23
over to maximus.

Binkd ==> maximus.sh ==> BBS Maximus
Without that maximus is running but just starts up by telnet port 23 (max -pt
...)

       Take care
        Gert Andersen

-----> Supported by Gentoo Linux 2.6.11 as Server <---------
 ------> And Gentoo Linux as ftp server and router :-) <------------
--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5, Gentoo Linux kernel 6.16-r1
 * Origin: We working and soon is on a Linux system :-) (2:236/150)