Möte OSDEBATE, 18996 texter
Skriven 2006-12-23 05:15:00 av Gary Britt (1:261/1)
     Kommentar till en text av Mike
Ärende: Re: A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection
 MSGID: 1:379/45 144d731b
 REPLY: 1:379/45 d1a574ef
 TZUTC: -0500
 CHARSET: PC-8
From: Gary Britt <GaryNOSPAMBritt@generalcogster.com>

So if one wants to move to Linux, how do you keep all this hardware encryption
and other bullshit from slowing down and destabilizing your Linux platform?
Will you ever have a great video card with a pure DVI out on the back of it?
Component video ?

Microsoft has been at this kind of crap for a long time.  I have an old sound
blaster live 5.1 sound card in a file server box.  It has digital audio out,
but its mostly useless because microsoft required that the driver turn off the
digital audio out under various circumstances.

Gary

--- QScan/WC v1.20a / 02-****
 * Origin:  (1:261/1)