Möte OSDEBATE, 18996 texter
Skriven 2007-05-24 07:55:36 av Rich (1:379/45)
  Kommentar till text 18203 av Ad (1:379/45)
Ärende: Re: Your next PC is... a phone
======================================
From: "Rich" <@>

------=_NextPart_000_009A_01C79DD8.EA24DE50

   You are being rediculous.  Does your smartphone even support a large =
external disk?  A terrabyte external disk and exclosure is much larger = than a
phone and requires an external power supply.  That is assuming it = will even
work.  Again, even with USB 2.0 on a phone it doesn't make it = a PC.

   Your reference to mirror bit may be interesting but it is off topic.  =
A phone doesn't have the RAM of a PC and it does make a difference.

   We weren't talking about your music habits.  I believe you believe =
your phone is a PC replacement when you and your family get rid of your = PCs.
I'm not talking 5 years from now.  I think we can both agree that = the power
of small form factor devices like phones will continue to = increase.  Phones
won't become PCs but phones will likely be able to be = docked in a manner so
that the docked combination is PC like.

Rich

  "Ad" <Dobbin@theStablesCloseToTheAirport.com> wrote in message =
  Rich wrote:
  >    Even if you have USB 2.0 on a phone it does not make it a PC.

  Indeed not however it opens up the terrabytes of storage option =
without=20
  increasing the size of the platform while also increasing the range &=20
  scope of any add-ons.

  e.g. imagine a phone with say linux on board & a USB2.0 port. Heck you =

  could even plug in a digital tv usb device.

  >    Solid state is faster than disk not RAM.
  > =20

  Indeed but RAM costs in terms of energy use & thus battery life though =

  people are looking at how to combine the best of both e.g.

  http://www.spansion.com/products/MirrorBit_Eclipse.html

  & RAM which only turns on as you need it.

  >    Of course you and your family carry phones not PCs.  So what?  =
Again,=20
  > I believe you believe your phone is a PC replacement when you and =
your=20
  > family get rid of your PCs.  If you keep your PCs then you are=20
  > demonstrating that the phone is not sufficient.
  > =20

  Right now. However things are pointing towards the phone. e.g. wrt=20
  digital music I have a mp3 player in my phone & on my PC. Ditto my =
son.=20
  In both case the amout of music we listen to is vastly greater on the=20
  phone than on the PC. 5 years ago  simply was not able to listen to=20
  music on a phone & thus all my mp3 listening was on my PC or I had to=20
  make a CD by turning the mp3'es into wavs & burning a cd-r.

  My calendar is now basically entirely based round my phone where my pc =

  based calendar is used as a backup & a network asset (i.e. to allow=20
  others to see my schedule or to add events for me). I then sync (via a =

  USB port) in a few seconds et voila.

  Ditto my notes/todo etc.

  i.e. my phone is now my PIM.

  I have friends who have the larger screen pda style mobiles who also=20
  basically have their phones as their primary PIM + email.

  Little by little, function by function much as the PC rose. Yes Web=20
  browsing is still a pain though doable (e.g. I tend to check train =
times=20
  on my mobile).

  Remember when the idea of running say a serious multi-user database on =
a=20
  PC was greeted with hoots of laughter by most?

  Once the screen/display issue is dealt with then you're basically =
going=20
  to see all the std office/productivity apps move to the phone inc web=20
  browsing, mail, PIM, office stuff (wp, spreadsheets, personal database =
etc).

  Got an LCD tv? Got a smartphone? Got a bluetooth keyboard with =
trackpad=20
  or bluetooth mouse? got an external USB2.0 storage device...=20
  Sorted.....why do you have that big noisy PC....?

  Adam

  > Rich
  > =20
  >=20
  >     "Ad" <Dobbin@theStablesCloseToTheAirport.com
  >     <mailto:Dobbin@theStablesCloseToTheAirport.com>> wrote in =
message
  >     Rich wrote:
  >      >    Smartphones do not have anywhere near the I/O perf and
  >     capacity of
  >      > PCs even those few years old.
  >=20
  >     (A) IO perf
  >=20
  >     Why fit something like :
  >=20
  >     "The ARM CortexTM-A8 processor is the first applications =
processor
  >     based
  >     on the ARMv7 architecture and is the highest performance, most
  >     power-efficient processor ever developed by ARM. With the =
ability to
  >     scale in speed from 600MHz to greater than 1GHz, the Cortex-A8
  >     processor
  >     can meet the requirements for power-optimized mobile devices =
needing
  >     operation in less than 300mW; and performance-optimized consumer
  >     applications requiring 2000 Dhrystone MIPS. "
  >=20
  >     if you're not going to have the IO required to feed the cpu?
  >=20
  >     RAM etc is cheap & the distances in a mobile phone are smaller.
  >=20
  >     (B) Capacity?
  >=20
  >     Mobile phones & digicams are driving solid state storage not the =
PC &
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/05/02/flash_future_for_notebooks/
  >=20
  >     ""More than half of new notebooks to use Flash drives by Q4 =
2009,"
  >     shouts the headline on market watcher iSuppli's latest missive, =
before
  >     admitting soon after that, actually, it's counting not just =
solid-state
  >     drives but also regular HDDs with integrated Flash cache and =
separate
  >     caches like Intel's Turbo Memory module.
  >=20
  >     Still, it shows that non-volatile storage chips are going play =
an
  >     increasingly important part in laptop design going forward from =
the
  >     handful - if that - of machines available today with built-in =
Flash."
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/03/14/sansdisk_flash_drive_for_laptops/=

> [...]
  >=20
  >     In fact none of mine have over 1 Gb.
  >=20
  >      > Display size of phones
  >      > is tiny.
  >=20
  >     Indeed. This is the problem I have been referring to but it is =
soluble
  >     especially if docked in some fashion.
  >=20
  >      > Human interface input limited though because perf is not an
  >      > issue you can use a bluetooth PC keyboard with some phones =
such
  >     as mine.
  >      >=20
  >      >    All in all, a phone makes a crappy PC.
  >=20
  >     A PC makes a crappy small device. Tablets haven't taken off, nor =
have
  >     micro/sub laptops.
  >=20
  >     As the PC has found it's much easier to occupy the low ground & =
then
  >     grow than to occupy the high ground and then try to scale down.
  >=20
  >       I very much like my
  >      > smartphone and it is good at what it does.  It doesn't do =
what a
  >     PC does
  >      > nor is it as good as a PC for many of the things the phone =
can do
  >     like
  >      > email and web access.
  >      >=20
  >=20
  >     Shrug. The only thing stopping that is display size. My 3G
  >     connection is
  >     at teh moment slightly faster than my broadband though I am =
about to
  >     upgrade my broadband speed so....
  >=20
  >=20
  >      >    I'll believe you believe your nonsense when you get rid of =
all
  >     the
  >      > PCs you and your family have at home and use only your =
phones.
  >      >=20
  >=20
  >     I know which I have with me habitually & which my family members =
have
  >     with them habitually. My elder son uses his PC periodically but =
take
  >     his
  >     mobile phone off him & there'd be war.
  >=20
  >     I know a number of people who via bluetooth keyboards use their =
phones
  >     for all note-taking etc in meetings. Fewer & fewer are bringing =
laptops
  >     unless they're doing a powerpoint style presentation.
  >=20
  >=20
  >     It's down to display size. Once they have that figured out then =
many
  >     PC'es will be replaced with smartphones.

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; You are being =
rediculous.&nbsp; Does=20
your smartphone even support a large external disk?&nbsp; A terrabyte =
external=20
disk and exclosure is much larger than a phone and requires an external =
power=20
supply.&nbsp; That is assuming it will even work.&nbsp; Again, even with = USB
2.0=20
on a phone it doesn't make it a PC.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Your reference to mirror =
bit may be=20
interesting but it is off topic.&nbsp; A phone doesn't have the RAM of a = PC
and=20
it does make a difference.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; We weren't talking about =
your music=20
habits.&nbsp; I believe you believe your phone is a PC replacement when = you
and=20
your family get rid of your PCs.&nbsp; I'm not talking 5 years from =
now.&nbsp; I=20
think we can both agree that the power of small form factor devices like =
phones=20
will continue to increase.&nbsp; Phones won't become PCs but phones will =
likely=20
be able to be docked in a manner so that the docked combination is PC=20
like.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Rich</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Ad" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Dobbin@theStablesCloseToTheAirport.com">Dobbin@theStablesC=
loseToTheAirport.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:46554f1a@w3.nls.net">news:46554f1a@w3.nls.net</A>...</DIV>Ri=
ch=20
  wrote:<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Even if you have USB 2.0 on a phone =
it does=20
  not make it a PC.<BR>&gt;<BR><BR>Indeed not however it opens up the =
terrabytes=20
  of storage option without <BR>increasing the size of the platform =
while also=20
  increasing the range &amp; <BR>scope of any add-ons.<BR><BR>e.g. =
imagine a=20
  phone with say linux on board &amp; a USB2.0 port. Heck you <BR>could =
even=20
  plug in a digital tv usb device.<BR><BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Solid =
state is=20
  faster than disk not RAM.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; <BR><BR>Indeed but RAM costs =
in terms=20
  of energy use &amp; thus battery life though <BR>people are looking at =
how to=20
  combine the best of both e.g.<BR><BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.spansion.com/products/MirrorBit_Eclipse.html">http://w=
ww.spansion.com/products/MirrorBit_Eclipse.html</A><BR><BR>&amp;=20
  RAM which only turns on as you need =
it.<BR><BR><BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Of=20
  course you and your family carry phones not PCs.&nbsp; So what?&nbsp; =
Again,=20
  <BR>&gt; I believe you believe your phone is a PC replacement when you =
and=20
  your <BR>&gt; family get rid of your PCs.&nbsp; If you keep your PCs =
then you=20
  are <BR>&gt; demonstrating that the phone is not =
sufficient.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;=20
  <BR><BR>Right now. However things are pointing towards the phone. e.g. =
wrt=20
  <BR>digital music I have a mp3 player in my phone &amp; on my PC. =
Ditto my=20
  son. <BR>In both case the amout of music we listen to is vastly =
greater on the=20
  <BR>phone than on the PC. 5 years ago&nbsp; simply was not able to =
listen to=20
  <BR>music on a phone &amp; thus all my mp3 listening was on my PC or I =
had to=20
  <BR>make a CD by turning the mp3'es into wavs &amp; burning a =
cd-r.<BR><BR>My=20
  calendar is now basically entirely based round my phone where my pc =
<BR>based=20
  calendar is used as a backup &amp; a network asset (i.e. to allow =
<BR>others=20
  to see my schedule or to add events for me). I then sync (via a =
<BR>USB port)=20
  in a few seconds et voila.<BR><BR>Ditto my notes/todo etc.<BR><BR>i.e. =
my=20
  phone is now my PIM.<BR><BR>I have friends who have the larger screen =
pda=20
  style mobiles who also <BR>basically have their phones as their =
primary PIM +=20
  email.<BR><BR>Little by little, function by function much as the PC =
rose. Yes=20
  Web <BR>browsing is still a pain though doable (e.g. I tend to check =
train=20
  times <BR>on my mobile).<BR><BR>Remember when the idea of running say =
a=20
  serious multi-user database on a <BR>PC was greeted with hoots of =
laughter by=20
  most?<BR><BR>Once the screen/display issue is dealt with then you're =
basically=20
  going <BR>to see all the std office/productivity apps move to the =
phone inc=20
  web <BR>browsing, mail, PIM, office stuff (wp, spreadsheets, personal =
database=20
  etc).<BR><BR>Got an LCD tv? Got a smartphone? Got a bluetooth keyboard =
with=20
  trackpad <BR>or bluetooth mouse? got an external USB2.0 storage =
device...=20
  <BR>Sorted.....why do you have that big noisy=20
  PC....?<BR><BR>Adam<BR><BR><BR>&gt; Rich<BR>&gt;&nbsp; <BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Ad" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Dobbin@theStablesCloseToTheAirport.com">Dobbin@theStablesC=
loseToTheAirport.com</A><BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Dobbin@theStablesCloseToTheAirport.com">mailto:Dobbin@theS=
tablesCloseToTheAirport.com</A>&gt;&gt;=20
  wrote in message<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:46542c21@w3.nls.net">news:46542c21@w3.nls.net</A>...<BR>&gt;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  Rich wrote:<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  Smartphones do not have anywhere near the I/O perf=20
  and<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; capacity=20
  of<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; PCs even those few years =

  old.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (A) IO perf<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Why fit something like :<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "The ARM CortexTM-A8 processor is the =
first=20
  applications processor<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  based<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; on the ARMv7 architecture and is =
the=20
  highest performance, most<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
power-efficient=20
  processor ever developed by ARM. With the ability=20
  to<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; scale in speed from 600MHz to =
greater than=20
  1GHz, the Cortex-A8<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  processor<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; can meet the requirements =
for=20
  power-optimized mobile devices needing<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =

  operation in less than 300mW; and performance-optimized=20
  consumer<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; applications requiring 2000 =
Dhrystone=20
  MIPS. "<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; if you're not going =
to have=20
  the IO required to feed the cpu?<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; RAM=20
  etc is cheap &amp; the distances in a mobile phone are =
smaller.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (B) Capacity?<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mobile phones &amp; digicams are =
driving=20
  solid state storage not the PC &amp;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
it's the=20
  PC which is moving towards the mobile phone &amp; not the=20
  other<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
way<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  around on that.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; e.g.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/05/02/flash_future_for_notebook=
s/">http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/05/02/flash_future_for_notebooks/</=
A><BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ""More than half of new notebooks to =
use=20
  Flash drives by Q4 2009,"<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; shouts the =
headline=20
  on market watcher iSuppli's latest missive,=20
  before<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; admitting soon after that, =
actually,=20
  it's counting not just solid-state<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
drives but=20
  also regular HDDs with integrated Flash cache and=20
  separate<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; caches like Intel's Turbo =
Memory=20
  module.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Still, it shows that=20
  non-volatile storage chips are going play =
an<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  increasingly important part in laptop design going forward from=20
  the<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; handful - if that - of machines =
available=20
  today with built-in Flash."<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  or:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/03/14/sansdisk_flash_drive_for_=
laptops/">http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/03/14/sansdisk_flash_drive_fo=
r_laptops/</A><BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "SanDisk has begun offering a 32GB=20
  solid-state drive to notebook makers<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
less than=20
  a week after it was claimed Apple's rumoured=20
  sub-notebook<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  will<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; only contain Flash =
storage."<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gosh apparently even a recent =
Microsoft=20
  operating system even supports<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; solid =
state=20
  storage.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;=20
  Sure I can add a memory card to my =
phone<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; but I could add slow memory to PCs from years ago.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; My my a MS person saying solid state =
=3D slow?=20
  So why are the vista<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  people<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; so keen to boot from =
it?<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; My PC of=20
  several<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; years back had a =
terrabyte=20
  of storage.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Well done you. I =
take it=20
  this was in a mobile computer. If not =
then<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  gosh<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; many smartphones come with USB2.0 =
&amp; I=20
  can add 1 TB easily using that<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; should =
I wish=20
  to.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; =
Phones are=20
  nowhere close.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; With USB2.0 =
they are=20
  exactly where the PC is.<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  RAM<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; of a phone, not flash =
storage,=20
  is low and usually in the tens or =
if<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; lucky the hundreds of megabytes not gigabytes.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &amp;? Not every OS needs gigabytes =
of RAM. I=20
  accept that Vista does but<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; heck not =
every PC=20
  has gigabytes of RAM.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In fact =
none of=20
  mine have over 1 Gb.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;=20
  Display size of phones<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; is=20
  tiny.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Indeed. This is the =
problem I=20
  have been referring to but it is =
soluble<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  especially if docked in some fashion.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Human interface input =
limited=20
  though because perf is not an<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt; issue=20
  you can use a bluetooth PC keyboard with some phones=20
  such<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; as=20
  mine.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All in =
all, a=20
  phone makes a crappy PC.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; A PC =
makes a=20
  crappy small device. Tablets haven't taken off, nor=20
  have<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; micro/sub laptops.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As the PC has found it's much easier =
to=20
  occupy the low ground &amp; then<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; grow =
than to=20
  occupy the high ground and then try to scale down.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I very much like=20
  my<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; smartphone and it is =
good at=20
  what it does.&nbsp; It doesn't do what =
a<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; PC=20
  does<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; nor is it as good as a =
PC for=20
  many of the things the phone can do<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  like<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; email and web=20
  access.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Shrug. The only thing stopping that =
is=20
  display size. My 3G<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; connection=20
  is<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at teh moment slightly faster than =
my=20
  broadband though I am about to<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; upgrade =
my=20
  broadband speed so....<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'll believe you believe your nonsense when you =
get rid=20
  of all<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  the<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; PCs you and your family =
have at=20
  home and use only your phones.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I know which I have with me=20
  habitually &amp; which my family members =
have<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  with them habitually. My elder son uses his PC periodically but=20
  take<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
his<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  mobile phone off him &amp; there'd be war.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I know a number of people who via =
bluetooth=20
  keyboards use their phones<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; for all =
note-taking=20
  etc in meetings. Fewer &amp; fewer are bringing=20
  laptops<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; unless they're doing a =
powerpoint=20
  style presentation.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
It's=20
  down to display size. Once they have that figured out then=20
  many<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; PC'es will be replaced with=20
  smartphones.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Adam</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_009A_01C79DD8.EA24DE50--

--- BBBS/NT v4.01 Flag-5
 * Origin: Barktopia BBS Site http://HarborWebs.com:8081 (1:379/45)