Möte OSDEBATE, 18996 texter
Skriven 2005-11-24 01:43:02 av Gary Britt (1:379/45)
   Kommentar till text 8378 av Rich (1:379/45)
Ärende: Re: Stealing
====================
From: "Gary Britt" <email@from_Gary_Britt.org>

"Rich" <@> wrote in message news:438546e7@w3.nls.net...
>   Sure you did.

No I didn't.

wife's computer to one of your computers.

I've never done this.  I have mentioned there are several ways in which such a
thing would legal, fair use just being one of several possible ways.

>>> One justification you attempted is that best buy offered to sell you
what you want at a price higher than you wanted to pay, not that you offered to
pay anything at all.

This is either you lying or suffering from diminished reading comprehension
skills.  There was no connection ever between the monopoly pricing comments
regarding the best buy price quotation and my desire to turn the set command on
in the recovery console.

>>> Another is that you tried you claim that this would be "fair use".  That
is quite a stretch.

Until decided by a court of law, it can't be said that it wouldn't be fair use.
 Therefore, your calling me a thief is just defamation.  Especially, since the
posts I've made have clearly indicated I solved the problem by editing the
registry rather than trying the aforementioned fair use of a couple of files.

>>>Another justification you have attempted is to disparage the company from
whom you are stealing possible in an attempt to excuse instead of justify.

It wasn't my comments that disparaged your employer Microsoft, it was there
documented conduct in violation of the laws of the United States that
didsparages them.   Your conduct disparages Microsoft far more than anything
I could possibly utter.

There are now many times you have called me thief when in fact that is a lie,
it defames my character, and damages my reputation in the community. You have
not qualified your comments with any statements like, what you understood that
I was proposing or asking about, if acted upon by me or others, would be a
violation of copyright.  Stealing means taking the property of another and
depriving the other of its possession, use, and/or value.  Talking about
something could never be stealing, and talking about the fair use of two files
otherwise legally possessed could never be more than talk about a copyright
infringment as opposed to theft of property. Since my posts made it clear I
never had to make use of the two files in question, all I've ever done is talk
about the concept.  On the other hand your accusations that I am thief are
real, defamatory per se, and made with malice during the course and scope of
your employment with Microsoft.

Therefore, I'll give you a chance to apologize and correct your threatening
behavior in order to minimize the damages you have caused me or may cause me in
the furtherance of your employer's objectives and within the course and scope
of your employment with Microsoft.  This is of course not the first time you've
behaved this way towards me and others over the last 10 years. I came close to
filing a federal lawsuit in Georgia against your employer the last time.  Keep
it up.  I've got the extra time and money to do it this time around.

>>>That you have a lack of ethics may or may not be a topic of interest to
the bar.

Well you should contact them and file a complaint.  Please be sure to do so
during working hours and from your offices at Microsoft.  I would encourage you
to correspond with them via U.S. mail on Microsoft stationery.  You had no
problems contacting them years ago when you sought for the benefit of your
employer Microsoft and within the course and scope of your duties to tell lies
about me to the bar and then post more lies about me after your phone
conversations with the bar.  I have no reason to believe that your amazingly
foolish, boorish, unethical, and defamatory tactics have changed in any way
whotsoever since that time.

>>>That you are so miserable at defending your position and repeatedly fall
back on threats and insults is something you might want to consider.

You're the one who started with insults and threats.  Your first message
falesly and improperly, with malice and pre-meditation and in wilfull disregard
for the truth, accused me of being a thief even though I had done absolutely
nothing and you knew that I had done absolutely nothing.  In that same post you
made implied threats to my work and livelihood as a lawyer in connection with
your defamation and false claims about me.  You have continued your threats and
lies and defamation over several posts and despite being clearly on notice that
the accusations you make so easily through your lying lips were in fact false.

I invited you to have your lawyers send me a demand letter or cease and desist
letter, and instead of posting that pdf file for all to see, you've continued
to just lie your ass off about me and to continue to defame me in furtherance
of your duties for your employer Microsoft.

I've invited you to just STFU, but you seem compelled for some reason, which
would appear to be employment related, to make more posts to me or about me
that require my replies.

I will continue to respond to your defamation and lies as long as you continue
to spout same.  If you stop making these false posts about me or to me, then
our need to communicate with each other will come to an end.

Gary

  "Gary Britt" <email@from_Gary_Britt.org> wrote in message
  I never attempt to justify breaking the law Rich, nor have I done so in
this
  case.  I leave the law breaking and justifications therefore to you and
your
  employer Microsoft, or does Microsoft your employer and you no longer seek
  to justify breaking the anti-trust laws and RICO civil and criminal
  conspiracy statutes for more than a decade.  Your employer steals BILLIONS
  through its monopolistic practices and violations of anti-trust laws, and
  its no wonder that a person of such low character and moral fiber as
  yourself fits right in at the Redmond campus.

  Before worrying about the spec of dust in my eye, worry about the lumbar
  yard in yours.

  Gary

  "Rich" <@> wrote in message news:438527d2@w3.nls.net...
     It could be called fair use.  It could be called hang gliding.  Do you
  typically attempt to justify breaking the law by making up names?

     And you should grow up and recognize your attempts at threats only make
  you appear all the more a whiny brat.

  Rich

    "Gary Britt" <email@from_Gary_Britt.org> wrote in message
    Yes it is legal if handled properly.  It would be called fair use, and
no
  I'm not worried about being disbarred.  Just like you aren't worried about
  being fired for your public anti-customer hostile behavior that continues
  drive down the opinions of many tech people about your employer and its
  products.  Given your employer's general reputation this kind of customer
  norelations posting on your part is probably how you get a bigger raise.
So
  why don't you go for the big bucks, and like I said if you think I'm doing
  something wrong then have your general counsel email me a demand letter.
  Better yet post it right here in binaries.  I waive any claim of privacy
  the content of a cease and desist demand letter from your general
counsel's
  office to me on the issue of wanting a method to turn the recovery console
  set command *on* by testing the use of two files from an XP Pro box.  Just
  make a pdf out of it and post it in binaries for the world to see what
kind
  of petty bullshit you and your employer are all about, or STFU.

    You could have avoided all this by just confirming the below information
  as a regedit change, but that would have required a more customer centric
  attitude on yours and your employer's part.

    What is it about gpedit.msc on XP Home that's got your undies all in a
  knot?  Is that how MS cripples Pro into Home by adjusting some of the
local
  machine policies and deleting a few files?  I haven't said anything about
  trying to turn XP Home into XP Pro, nor do I have the desire to waste my
  time even considering such an endeavor.  I just want a recovery console,
  which XP Home legally installed on my computer, to be able to access all
  files and drives and floppys, instead of just two directories,  windows
and
  the root directory.

    Gary Britt

    BTW, to anybody wanting to run a useful recovery console on XP Home,
make
  sure you make the following setting in your registry *BEFORE* you need to
  use the recovery console:

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
  NT\CurrentVersion\Setup\RecoveryConsole]
    "SetCommand"=dword:00000001

    The above is from my win2K box.  I believe the SetCommand off or on
value
  is at the same location in XP, but you might want to verify that since I
  haven't had a chance yet.

    I still have some unanswered questions and comments on XP from my
original
  post before Rich threadjacked me into his alternate reality.  So if anyone
  cares to go back to my original post and reply to my comments and
questions
  there, it would be appreciated.

    Gary

    "Rich" <@> wrote in message news:4384bf00@w3.nls.net...
       So you don't have an unused Windows XP Professional license.  Do you
  really think what you are proposing is legal.  Are you a lawyer?  Aren't
you
  concerned about being disbarred for ethical violations?

       Your complaining about the best buy offer price is whining.  If you
  want something buy it.  If the cost is higher than the value to you then
  don't.  You are free to use any of the many alternatives the very
  competitive market makes available to you.  If you are unhappy with the
  cheaper lesser products then complain to those folks that they don't make
  what you want.

    Rich

      "Gary Britt" <email@from_Gary_Britt.org> wrote in message
      XP Pro is loaded on a computer my wife uses, and I try to avoid her
  computer
      at all costs.  On the other hand she's never run or even heard of
      gpedit.msc.

      It wasn't compusa it was best buy, and complaining about your
company's
      monopoly pricing isn't whining, just recognizing the facts.  If your
  only
      point here is to demonstrate just how far downhill Microsoft has gone
  over
      the years, well you continue to perform admirably.  If you don't have
      anything to add to the discussion that's content driven why don't you
  just
      STFU.  If your employer feels violated by anything I've written then
  have
      your general counsel email me a demand letter.  Otherwise, the old
  format
      command is looking better and better.

      Gary

      "Rich" <@> wrote in message news:43847e54@w3.nls.net...
         If you have a valid Windows XP Professional license you should
  install
      Windows XP Professional.  I'm surprised you say this after your
earlier
      message whining about the price compusa quoted you.

      Rich

        "Gary Britt" <email@from_Gary_Britt.org> wrote in message
        Yes it would be if I thought it was breaking the law.  I have valid
      licenses
        for XP Home and XP Pro.  Don't you have anything better to do than
  worry
        about someone trying to have a workable recovery console on XP Home.
  If a
        user attempts to have a safer environment from which to run your
  products
        that's a problem for you and your company?  If your so worried about
      someone
        running gpedit.msc on XP Home so they can turn on the set commands
in
  the
        recovery console, you could just provide the proper value to set for
  the
      one
        or two appropriate keys in the registry.

        As for your other question, XP Home is what came with the laptop,
and
      except
        for a couple of things its good enough for now.  I have never used
XP
  on
      one
        of my computers.  I'm looking at it while considering how to handle
  moving
        my licensed full retail copy of win2k over from my old laptop.  Your
      helpful
        interjection into this thread certainly makes me want to invest the
  time
        learning to use your current OS versus just staying with Win2K or
  going to
        Linux and running my Office 2K Apps under Linux.

        OH and thanks for answering my questions and trying to improve your
        company's image with its customers.  You're doing a great job.

        Gary

        "Rich" <@> wrote in message news:4384036b@w3.nls.net...
           Isn't it unwise for a lawyer to discuss his breaking the law in a
      public
        forum?

           If you want Windows XP Professional why didn't you buy Windows XP
        Professional?

        Rich

          "Gary Britt" <email@from_Gary_Britt.org> wrote in message

          I think I've figured out how to hack the registry to get the set
  command
          turned on in the recovery console so I can access everything when
in
  the
          recovery console.  I've found reference to a technique of bringing
  over
        two
          files from an XP Pro machine and registering them with regsvr32
that
          supposedly allows the gpedit.msc console to run on XP Home.
Anybody
      done
          this before?

          Gary