Möte POLITICS, 29554 texter
Skriven 2006-12-11 18:21:42 av Mimi Gallandt (1:123/789.0)
  Kommentar till text 25789 av John Hull (1:123/789.0)
Ärende: Home-grown terrorism
============================
John Hull -> LEE LOFASO wrote:

(snip for space)

 JH> If you admire the
 JH>  damn French so much, why don't you just go and live there.  I'm sure
 JH> you'd fit right in with the rest of the surrender monkies.

They told us what they were going to do (just like sHitler did with his book)
now here's the evidence:

Hamas confirms meeting with group of Democrats
Leader claims U.S. party willing to hold dialogue with terrorists
By Aaron Klein

TEL AVIV – A key Hamas official has confirmed reports from last week the terror
group held meetings with "important Democrats."

Ahmed Yousuf, chief political advisor to Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh,
told the Maannews Palestinian news website that Hamas officials met recently
with high-ranking American figures, "especially members of the Democratic
party."

He said Hamas also met with European leaders, including members of the British
parliament.

Yousuf did not say when the meetings took place or which members of the
Democratic party the terror group allegedly held dialogue with, but he stated
the meetings were fruitful in introducing the Hamas political vision.

Last week, Maannews quoted a Hamas source claiming the terror group met with a
delegation of "important Democrats" who expressed interest in relations with
Hamas even if it doesn't recognize the right of Israel to exist.

Stacie Paxton, a spokeswoman for the Democratic National Committee, told WND
the party was not aware of any meeting.

According to the report, the alleged meeting with the Democrats took place in a
European country following a series of preliminary meetings with
representatives from the British and French governments.

The source told Maannews the Democrats expressed an understanding with the
Hamas principal of not recognizing Israel and applauded Hamas' willingness to
accept a long-term cease-fire with the Jewish state in exchange for an Israeli
withdrawal to what is known as the pre-1967 borders – meaning an evacuation of
the Gaza Strip, West Bank and eastern sections of Jerusalem.

Last month, overall Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal said his group would accept a
Palestinian state in the West Bank, Gaza and eastern Jerusalem.

Israel withdrew from Gaza last summer. Since then, Palestinian terror groups
have been regularly firing rockets from the territory into nearby Jewish
cities. The West Bank is within rocket firing range of Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and
Israel's international airport.

The Maannews report quoted the Hamas source as claiming prior meetings with
European representatives "broke the ice" and facilitated the alleged talks with
Democrat officials. The source claimed Britain and France recently discussed
with the terror group the possibility of breaking an international financial
embargo imposed on the PA since Hamas won parliamentary elections earlier this
year.

The source claimed Britain and France are "coming to terms" with the Hamas
position of mediating the so-called Israeli-Palestinian conflict with a
long-term cease-fire instead of final status negotiations in which the PA would
agree to peace with Israel in exchange for a Palestinian state. The source said
the two countries asked Hamas for a position paper outlining ideas for a
long-term truce with Israel.

Ghazi Hamed, a spokesman for Hamas, told WND he could not comment on the
report.

A senior Hamas official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told WND Hamas
"has relations" with "influential American and European elements."

The official said he could neither confirm nor deny whether Hamas held any
meetings with Democrats.

Hamas, responsible for scores of deadly suicide bombings, shooting attacks and
rocket launchings against Israeli civilians, is classified by the U.S. State
Department as a terrorist organization.

The U.S. reportedly has been working to bolster PA President Mahmoud Abbas'
Fatah party against Hamas. The U.S. considers Fatah to be moderate.

Terrorists: 'Vote Democrat'

Last month, just prior to U.S. midterm elections, WND conducted a series of
exclusive interviews in which prominent Middle East terrorist leaders said they
hoped Americans would sweep the Democrats into power because of the party's
position on withdrawing from Iraq – a move, the terrorists explained, that
would ensure victory for the worldwide Islamic resistance.

The terrorists told WND an electoral win for the Democrats would prove to them
Americans are "tired." They rejected statements from some prominent Democrats
in the U.S. that a withdrawal from Iraq would end the insurgency, explaining an
evacuation would prove resistance works and would compel jihadists to continue
fighting until America is destroyed.

They said a withdrawal would also embolden their own terror groups to enhance
"resistance" against Israel.

"Of course Americans should vote Democrat," Jihad Jaara, a senior member of the
Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades terror group and the infamous leader of the 2002 siege
of Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity, told WND last month.

"This is why American Muslims will support the Democrats, because there is an
atmosphere in America that encourages those who want to withdraw from Iraq. It
is time that the American people support those who want to take them out of
this Iraqi mud," said Jaara, speaking to WND from exile in Ireland, where he
was sent as part of an internationally brokered deal that ended the church
siege.

Jaara was the chief in Bethlehem of the Brigades, the declared "military wing"
of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah party.

Together with the Islamic Jihad terror group, the Brigades has taken
responsibility for every suicide bombing inside Israel the past two years,
including an attack in Tel Aviv in April that killed American teenager Daniel
Wultz and nine Israelis.

Muhammad Saadi, a senior leader of Islamic Jihad in the northern West Bank town
of Jenin, said the Democrats' talk of withdrawal from Iraq makes him feel
"proud."

"As Arabs and Muslims we feel proud of this talk," he told WND. "Very proud
from the great successes of the Iraqi resistance. This success that brought the
big superpower of the world to discuss a possible withdrawal."

Abu Abdullah, a leader of Hamas' military wing in the Gaza Strip, said the
policy of withdrawal "proves the strategy of the resistance is the right
strategy against the occupation."

"We warned the Americans that this will be their end in Iraq," said Abu
Abdullah, considered one of the most important operational members of Hamas'
Izzedine al-Qassam Martyrs Brigades, Hamas' declared "resistance" department.

"They did not succeed in stealing Iraq's oil, at least not at a level that
covers their huge expenses. They did not bring stability. Their agents in the
[Iraqi] regime seem to have no chance to survive if the Americans withdraw."

Abu Ayman, an Islamic Jihad leader in Jenin, said he is "emboldened" by those
in America who compare the war in Iraq to Vietnam.

"[The mujahedeen fighters] brought the Americans to speak for the first time
seriously and sincerely that Iraq is becoming a new Vietnam and that they
should fix a schedule for their withdrawal from Iraq," boasted Abu Ayman.

The terror leaders spoke as the debate regarding the future of America's war in
Iraq became the central theme of last week's elections, with most Democrats
urging a timetable for withdrawal and Republicans mostly advocating staying the
course in Iraq.

Terrorists laugh at Pelosi's comments

Many Democrat politicians and some from the Republican Party have stated a
withdrawal from Iraq would end the insurgency there.

In a recent interview with CBS's "60 Minutes," House Minority Leader Nancy
Pelosi, stated, "The jihadists (are) in Iraq. But that doesn't mean we stay
there. They'll stay there as long as we're there."

Pelosi will become House speaker when the new Congress is seated in January.

WND read Pelosi's remarks to the terror leaders, who unanimously rejected her
contention an American withdrawal would end the insurgency.

Islamic Jihad's Saadi, laughing, stated, "There is no chance that the
resistance will stop."

He said an American withdrawal from Iraq would "prove the resistance is the
most important tool and that this tool works. The victory of the Iraqi
revolution will mark an important step in the history of the region and in the
attitude regarding the United States."

Jihad Jaara said an American withdrawal would "mark the beginning of the
collapse of this tyrant empire (U.S.)."

"Therefore, a victory in Iraq would be a greater defeat for America than in
Vietnam."

Jaara said vacating Iraq would also "reinforce Palestinian resistance
organizations, especially from the moral point of view. But we also learn from
these (insurgency) movements militarily. We look and learn from them."

Hamas' Abu Abdullah argued a withdrawal from Iraq would "convince those among
the Palestinians who still have doubts in the efficiency of the resistance."

"The victory of the resistance in Iraq would prove once more that when the will
and the faith are applied victory is not only a slogan," Abdullah said. "We saw
that in Lebanon (during Israel's confrontation against Hezbollah there in July
and August); we saw it in Gaza (after Israel withdrew from the territory last
summer) and we will see it everywhere there is occupation."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53312

--
L'Chaim

Mimi

In the beginning
the Word already was.

mimigalATcoxDOTnet

--- Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.6 (Windows/20050716)
 * Origin:  (1:123/789.0)